Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Who said Polgramy was traditional?? Do you have the link to your source?? Have you checked out this site?
Ron, she was being facetious, which I thought was indicated pretty clearly by the emoticons.
Wikipedia ain't exactly the holy grail of sources, if you get my drift. Yes, it does have a great deal of good information, but anyone can add to it. That means that there is also a great deal of erroneous information and facts floating around in it.

I'm sorry! I thought she had mistaken something that I wrote. Wikipedia is only one of many sources that I found that say pretty much the same thing. That's why I would be interested in seeing her source for myself.

Ron, she was being facetious, which I thought was indicated pretty clearly by the emoticons.

Wikipedia ain't exactly the holy grail of sources, if you get my drift. Yes, it does have a great deal of good information, but anyone can add to it. That means that there is also a great deal of erroneous information and facts floating around in it.

In the Us, the vast majority of violent crime is also committed by young black men for many of the same reasons that you mentioned. They are also responsible for most of the violent crime against whites too, based upon what I see on TV and in the newspapers.
Not according to the FBI

The statement in Red above is the type of racist statement that annoys many members.

I have no desire to deprive anyone of their civil liberties unless those "civil liberties" are against the laws of nature and of God. My first obligation is to obey God! We are talking about two issues that I believe fall into that catagory...This is a far cry from a Theocracy, which I oppose big time.
But can't you see, as soon as the Christian Right Political Movement gets powerful enough to pass constitutional amendments against abortion and same sex unions and marriage, they will start on another issue?

They have already proposed bills in some states against pants that hang down too low (hip-huggers and the "prison look" popular in many areas among young men where no belt is worn and the top of the pants is 9-10-11 inches below the waist).

There are proposals to mandate school prayer. Then there proposals to mandate prayer to Jesus. In a school district in Mississippi, school children (including the one Jewish boy in one school) pray to Jesus after they say the pledge of allegiance. The school board lost the lawsuit (brought by the Jewish parents) in court, but dared the state to enforce the court decision. They are trying to pass a constitutional amendment to mandate "under God" be kept in the pledge.

Do you think it will stop that candidates have to pledge allegiance to Christian values to be the Republican nominee for any elected office (as it is now)?

Will it stop when candidates have to eventually pledge allegiance to literal (word for word) Biblical belief to be the Republican nominee for any elected office?

You say you are against a Christian Theocracy, but when the snowball starts gathering speed and size, the avalanche is inevitable.

The statement is not racist, it is an observation, as I so stated.

Not according to the FBI

The statement in Red above is the type of racist statement that annoys many members.

But can't you see, as soon as the Christian Right Political Movement gets powerful enough to pass constitutional amendments against abortion and same sex unions and marriage, they will start on another issue?

Until RoevsWade, there were laws on the books prohibiting abortion, and we still have laws prohibiting sam sex marriage, and this has not led to the Christian Theocracy you so fear!

They have already proposed bills in some states against pants that hang down too low (hip-huggers and the "prison look" popular in many areas among young men where no belt is worn and the top of the pants is 9-10-11 inches below the waist).

There are proposals to mandate school prayer. Then there proposals to mandate prayer to Jesus. In a school district in Mississippi, school children (including the one Jewish boy in one school) pray to Jesus after they say the pledge of allegiance. The school board lost the lawsuit (brought by the Jewish parents) in court, but dared the state to enforce the court decision. They are trying to pass a constitutional amendment to mandate "under God" be kept in the pledge.

I believe it is quite approiate to allow willing prayer in school, as we had for so many years. I have never heard of any school directing kid to pray to Jesus, but if that occured it is a rare occurance and very wrong!

Do you think it will stop that candidates have to pledge allegiance to Christian values to be the Republican nominee for any elected office (as it is now)?

Will it stop when candidates have to eventually pledge allegiance to literal (word for word) Biblical belief to be the Republican nominee for any elected office?

What pledge about what beliefs are you talking about???

You say you are against a Christian Theocracy, but when the snowball starts gathering speed and size, the avalanche is inevitable.

Ron Cusano, I ws being facetious. Per YOUR statement of "society the tradational, man & women family." Man + women = polygamy. As Laurend said.

Kool! I misunderstood! Have a greatweekend!

Ron Cusano, I ws being facetious. Per YOUR statement of "society the tradational, man & women family." Man + women = polygamy. As Laurend said.

I don't consider it inaccurate, and these stats from the Department of Justice seem to confirm it -

At yearend 2005 there were 3,145 black male sentenced prison inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,244 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 471 white male inmates per 100,000 white males.

There is nothing racist here. It is pure fact. There are many social reasons for these numbers, including poverty, lack of employment, drugs, break-down of the family structure, etc., nevertheless, the majority of crime is committed by African Americans.

But it is inaccurate, so could you kindly disavow it?

At yearend 2005 there were 3,145 black male sentenced prison inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,244 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 471 white male inmates per 100,000 white males.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that they are all in jail for attacking whites, as you implied earlier. The fact is that people of color are far more likely to be convicted of a crime than white people are. That's why prison statistics aren't necessarily indicative of actual crime rates.

Paraphrasing here b/c I have no interest in scrolling pages and pages for actual quotes.

Ron Cusano, your intent as read was "most attacks on whites are committed by blacks". Putting a "...or at least that's what the media says" does not innocuate your intention. It's easy to make vicious statements and then try to disown them with "or at least that's what they say" type disqualifiers. Making statements like that says "I don't have a mind of my own, and believe this because it's what I'm told."

Do YOU believe that most crimes against whites are committed by blacks? Not "what have you read today", but YOU. What do YOU believe?

Do I believe that more violent crime committed against white is committed by non-whites. Yes I do! Since the prison population is predominately black, and the majority of the news reports that I see and read seem to indicate that more violent crime is committed against whites bt blacks, then yes, I come to that conclusion. Is it "scientific" or based upon some poll or other, no it's not. It's an opinion based upon what evidence I have seen. Am I not entitled to an opinion just like you are? You want to consider this a "vicious statement"! Knock yourself out. I know it's not.

Paraphrasing here b/c I have no interest in scrolling pages and pages for actual quotes.

Ron Cusano, your intent as read was "most attacks on whites are committed by blacks". Putting a "...or at least that's what the media says" does not innocuate your intention. It's easy to make vicious statements and then try to disown them with "or at least that's what they say" type disqualifiers. Making statements like that says "I don't have a mind of my own, and believe this because it's what I'm told."

Do YOU believe that most crimes against whites are committed by blacks? Not "what have you read today", but YOU. What do YOU believe?

Do I believe that more violent crime committed against white is committed by non-whites. Yes I do! Since the prison population is predominately black, and the majority of the news reports that I see and read seem to indicate that more violent crime is committed against whites bt blacks, then yes, I come to that conclusion. Is it "scientific" or based upon some poll or other, no it's not. It's an opinion based upon what evidence I have seen. Am I not entitled to an opinion just like you are? You want to consider this a "vicious statement"! Knock yourself out. I know it's not.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion. That's what this board is for and I, for one, am glad you posted it. It let's us know WHO the real Ron is and where he is coming from even if it is disappointing.

Just as your positions give a good, if disappointing indication of who you really are my "Christian" friend!

Yes you are entitled to your opinion. That's what this board is for and I, for one, am glad you posted it. It let's us know WHO the real Ron is and where he is coming from even if it is disappointing.

Just as your positions give a good, if disappointing indication of who you really are my "Christian" friend!

Fair enough.

Now, this is what I find disturbing about you, Cusano. If a fellow Christian disagrees with your stance on an issue, a secular one in this case, you don't merely disagree with him, you respond by implying that his "Christianity" is questionable.

This is why, though belief may well have its proper place in the hearts of men, it does not belong in politics or in government; it seems to introduce a passion that sometimes tramples reasonable thought and the rights of other human beings.

You and others of your ilk are self-righteous and are bullies; it is, unfortunately, the aggressive and the noisy Christians like yourself, and not the humble ones, who tend to achieve worldly power in America. This should be of real concern, in my opinion, to all Americans.