Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Since it takes a majority of votes to elect officials and make laws! It's been that way since we became a country.

Even your poll shows only 54% oppose gay civil unions.

Since when are we a country of majority rules always?

As I have mentioned before, there are a great many who call themselves Christians who are suspect to say the least!

I have no problem with a death penalty or private ownership of guns. Crimes with guns are commited by the criminal element and guns will always be available on the blackmarket Statistics show that areas with high private gun ownership produce the lowest crime rates. I have owned guns for most of my life and have never even thought of abusing them.

I know you have univeral health care, but from what I have read and heard, it's quality is not the best, and many Canadians come across the border for care not available up North.

And you are correct, I have a big problem with gay marriage and abortion which are the poster children of secular humanism. I believe that flies in the face of Christian truth and practice. This is my belief and understanding.

Actually violent gun crimes are much lower per capita in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Great Britain and other countries who have similar restrictive gun laws. Law abiding citizens really do not have any need for guns. We are able to buy our meat at a supermarket. We don't need to hunt it down and kill it. Our criminals do have illegal weapons and lots of 'em but criminals are most likely to shoot each other during rival drug territory battles or shoot at cops. If you are middle class you can move freely about in my city and your chances of being shot are about zero.

And there are many fewer Canadian children being accidentally killed by guns. I cannot see of any reason why you would have a gun other than the pleasure in owning one.

Canadian healthcare is pretty damn good. I have been on the receiving end of thousands of dollars worth of care and I have no complaints. You have heard of system screw-ups, some of which are likely fabrications and some of which undoubtedly are true. You might be interested to hear that when a Canadian citizen must go stateside for a specific treatment which is either not available or not available in a timely manner our healthcare system makes a practice of reimbursing the individual for his or her costs.

As for your feelings of comfort with the death penalty, frankly I am surprised. Not only do you risk putting innocent people to death but you also rob sinners of the chance to find Jesus and repent. What gives?

In the long run none of this matters, Canada is another country and is animated by a different social and political philosophy. Both countries are democracies and share 'western' values.

The Bible does teach that we should obey the laws of the land and those who are above us, as long as they do not go against the laws and commandments of God. The scriptures make it plain that abortion and same sex marriage go against the commandments of God and in the case of gay marriage, against the laws of nature as well. According to the scriptures, the foundation for our beliefs (a Christians) is supposed to be the Word of God and not our own reasoning. There is a serious issue if a Christian puts his own reasoning and understanding above what God says.

As I said before, I can't force anyone to believe anything. That is a personal matter. But I have an obligation according to the faith to take a stand for what I believe and know the Word of God says and to share my beliefs with others. They are then free to accept to reject them. They have free will.

I don't remember seeing anything in scripture that requires me to support laws to validate my beliefs?

I'm not saying anything about my personal feelings about the right or wrongess of gay marriage. Or really any other issue that doesn't impact society as a whole.

I'm talking about why anyone thinks their personal, spiritual beliefs should be shoved onto others through law.

Even your poll shows only 54% oppose gay civil unions.

Since when are we a country of majority rules always?

In Canada we have The Charter of Rights and Freedoms. This document carries somewhat the same weight for us as your Constitution does for you. This is a document which guarantees to minorities the same rights and freedoms as majorities enjoy. This is why we have made gay civil marriage legal.

Regarding health care, since I do not have any first hand knowledge, and only know what I have read, I will take your word for it.

I own guns because I used to like to hunt, and for protection when I owned a business and handled a lot of cash. I know Canade has supermarkets, and yet it is one of the best hunting area's in North America. I assume the hunters use guns! If you criminals have a lot of guns, and crime is usually committed against every day people, I would feel a lot safer having a gun also. I don't buy that criminals only shoot each other or the police.

I believe that the death penalty is consistant with the teaching of scripture. Life in prison does not work because thses killers continue to kill in prison and/or escape or go free and kill again. Either way innocent people die. It's a terrible thing, but far less innocent people die because of being wrongly convicted that die from allowing these killers to escape the death penalty.

Actually violent gun crimes are much lower per capita in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Great Britain and other countries who have similar restrictive gun laws. Law abiding citizens really do not have any need for guns. We are able to buy our meat at a supermarket. We don't need to hunt it down and kill it. Our criminals do have illegal weapons and lots of 'em but criminals are most likely to shoot each other during rival drug territory battles or shoot at cops. If you are middle class you can move freely about in my city and your chances of being shot are about zero.

And there are many fewer Canadian children being accidentally killed by guns. I cannot see of any reason why you would have a gun other than the pleasure in owning one.

Canadian healthcare is pretty damn good. I have been on the receiving end of thousands of dollars worth of care and I have no complaints. You have heard of system screw-ups, some of which are likely fabrications and some of which undoubtedly are true. You might be interested to hear that when a Canadian citizen must go stateside for a specific treatment which is either not available or not available in a timely manner our healthcare system makes a practice of reimbursing the individual for his or her costs.

As for your feelings of comfort with the death penalty, frankly I am surprised. Not only do you risk putting innocent people to death but you also rob sinners of the chance to find Jesus and repent. What gives?

In the long run none of this matters, Canada is another country and is animated by a different social and political philosophy. Both countries are democracies and share 'western' values.

So by granting these rights to the minorities, you deprive the majority of their choice in matters of morals and ehtics. I am glad we don't have that here.

In Canada we have The Charter of Rights and Freedoms. This document carries somewhat the same weight for us as your Constitution does for you. This is a document which guarantees to minorities the same rights and freedoms as majorities enjoy. This is why we have made gay civil marriage legal.

So by granting these rights to the minorities, you deprive the majority of their choice in matters of morals and ehtics. I am glad we don't have that here.

Well, I am kinda glad that we have this here. You must understand that my father was a Jew who grew up in Poland - not a great place to be for a minority kid, eh.:confused: And certainly I have had my own experiences of racism and sexism, both here and while living in France.

By guaranteeing that minorities will be treated on par with the majority does in no way threaten the majority with respect to their choice in matters of their morals and ethics. For example, this business of same sex marriage covers civil unions only. No religious institution in Canada is forced to marry same sex couples.

We do not believe in depriving the majority of their choice in matters of their morals and ethics. We just believe that the majority has no right to force their choices on minority groups. We believe that all people merit equality and that this must sometimes be formally protected through the agency of our government. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms was born out of our recognition of this need.

Regarding health care, since I do not have any first hand knowledge, and only know what I have read, I will take your word for it.

I own guns because I used to like to hunt, and for protection when I owned a business and handled a lot of cash. I know Canade has supermarkets, and yet it is one of the best hunting area's in North America. I assume the hunters use guns! If you criminals have a lot of guns, and crime is usually committed against every day people, I would feel a lot safer having a gun also. I don't buy that criminals only shoot each other or the police.

I believe that the death penalty is consistant with the teaching of scripture. Life in prison does not work because thses killers continue to kill in prison and/or escape or go free and kill again. Either way innocent people die. It's a terrible thing, but far less innocent people die because of being wrongly convicted that die from allowing these killers to escape the death penalty.

Cusano, you were misreading my earlier post with respect to criminals and guns. I had said that your average middle class individual could go anywhere in this city and have pretty well zero chance of being shot. Gun crime up here is not being committed against everyday people.

It is very much a young male black on black crime. Let me explain. Most of these kids are from the Caribbean, from Jamaica in fact, and belong to gangs. They deal in drugs, have turf wars, diss each other, and shoot each other. Toronto is the 6th largest city in North America, I have heard, and there will likely be between 70 and 80 gun deaths this year. Most of the fatalities will be young black men between the ages of 14 and 23. This is a very macho subculture and one that is entirely alienated from the rest of the city. This is both very sad and very puzzling to many of us.

And yes, hunters do have licenced artillery. They use rifles, though.

When it comes to a lot of our violent crime, Canadians are forced to rely on knifing each other, ya know, due to the lack of availability of guns.:heh:

I've always thought that the cool thing about murder with knives versus guns is that it takes a whole lot more time and effort to kill someone with a knife than with a loaded pistol. Maybe someone will have time to reconsider the notion of killing someone with a knife.

In the Us, the vast majority of violent crime is also committed by young black men for many of the same reasons that you mentioned. They are also responsible for most of the violent crime against whites too, based upon what I see on TV and in the newspapers. I suspect the same might be true in Canada. If I walk down a street in my home town, I feel my chance of being shot is close to zero as well. Unfortunately, I can't stay just in my own town, and the percentage changes depending on where you travel. I suspect the same is true if you wander into bad areas in Canada.

I lived in upstate New York for about 10 years in a rural area where everyone owned firearms of one kind or another. We never locked our homes or our cars, and your NEVER heard of a violet crime or break in. Why? because everyone owned a gun and if you broke into someone's home or assulted them, you stood a very good chance of being shot!!:clap2:

Cusano, you were misreading my earlier post with respect to criminals and guns. I had said that your average middle class individual could go anywhere in this city and have pretty well zero chance of being shot. Gun crime up here is not being committed against everyday people.

It is very much a young male black on black crime. Let me explain. Most of these kids are from the Caribbean, from Jamaica in fact, and belong to gangs. They deal in drugs, have turf wars, diss each other, and shoot each other. Toronto is the 6th largest city in North America, I have heard, and there will likely be between 70 and 80 gun deaths this year. Most of the fatalities will be young black men between the ages of 14 and 23. This is a very macho subculture and one that is entirely alienated from the rest of the city. This is both very sad and very puzzling to many of us.

And yes, hunters do have licenced artillery. They use rifles, though.

When it comes to a lot of our violent crime, Canadians are forced to rely on knifing each other, ya know, due to the lack of availability of guns.:heh:

I know the kind of anti semitism and hatred that your Dad must have experienced and my heart goes out to him. And I believe that ALL people, including homosexuals deserve to be treated equal and with respect. But, that does not apply to their lifestyle which I believe is immoral. It is best described as "love the sinner but hate the sin"! My wife's cousin is a lesbian living with another women. We love her and consider her part of the family, but believe her lifestyle is immoral and wrong based upon our beliefs as Christians. We can't and won't compromise our faith which we sincerely believe if right.

Well, I am kinda glad that we have this here. You must understand that my father was a Jew who grew up in Poland - not a great place to be for a minority kid, eh.:) And certainly I have had my own experiences of racism and sexism, both here and while living in France.

By guaranteeing that minorities will be treated on par with the majority does in no way threaten the majority with respect to their choice in matters of their morals and ethics. For example, this business of same sex marriage covers civil unions only. No religious institution in Canada is forced to marry same sex couples.

We do not believe in depriving the majority of their choice in matters of their morals and ethics. We just believe that the majority has no right to force their choices on minority groups. We believe that all people merit equality and that this must sometimes be formally protected through the agency of our government. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms was born out of our recognition of this need.

Maybe you should change your views to accomodate the majority??
Maybe not, because I never said people should change their views. I said that we have laws being created based on christian principles.

We can't and won't compromise our faith which we sincerely believe if right.
And we can't and won't compromise our morals to accomodate your faith.

And the laws being created based upon Christian principals are held by the majority! What I said about you changing your views was said "tongue in cheek"! I don't think anyone should change their views bacause they are in the minority. I think views should be formed based upon information and investigation.

Maybe not, because I never said people should change their views. I said that we have laws being created based on christian principles.