Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I found a site with all these statements and I found another site that rebuts all of them.

Very interesting. I had this to post:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

I have hade a prayerful decision to leave this thread, which I know will not cause anyone here to shed any tears. I am leaving with a heavy heart and a lot of sadness! I have never encountered such darkness and hardness of heart in 30+ years of ministry.

The Scriptures speak about what happens when men reject and pust the knowledge of God from their minds, and it say's that God gives them over to a "reprobate mind", not being able to tell the difference between good and evil, with homosexuality being one of it's hallmarks. I have seen many reprobate minds here, and it is very troubling.

I have wasted to much time here and lost my cool when God, the Lord Jesus, the Bible and the Faith have been dragged through the mud and made a mockery by those with dark hearts That needs to stop so that I can get back to profitable ministry.

If

I have made a prayerful decision to leave this thread, which I know will not cause anyone here to shed any tears. I know some of you will gloat, but rest assured, you have not driven me away. God has made it crystal clear that no good can come from me remaining.

I am leaving with a heavy heart and a lot of sadness! I have never encountered such darkness, blindness and hardness of heart in 30+ years of ministry. It is interesting that the Bible speaks of exactly these things happening in the Last Days before the Lords return.

The Scriptures speak about what happens when men reject and push the knowledge of God from their minds. It say's that God gives them over to a "reprobate mind", not being able to tell the difference between good and evil, with homosexuality being one of it's hallmarks. I have seen many reprobate minds here, and it is very troubling.

I have wasted too much time here and lost my cool when God, the Lord Jesus, the Bible and the Faith have been dragged through the mud and made a mockery by those with dark hearts That needs to stop so that I can get back to profitable ministry. My desire is that all of you would come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus the Messiah!

If there are any here that have sincere questions about the Bible and what it has to say about eternal life, sin and your relationship to God, please feel free to contact me by eMail. It would be most welcomed!

Allow me to leave you with these words of scripture . . .

John: 3: 17-18 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believeth in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Very interesting. I had this to post:

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Good Find. I had also found that site, but there was so much other info to look up and post, that I never got around to posting that one.

God Bless Google.:clap2:

Good Find. I had also found that site, but there was so much other info to look up and post, that I never got around to posting that one.

God Bless Google.:clap2:

I actually like Yahoo better(Oh great, is that going to start another fight?!)

That's a pretty obscure document, concerning the ability to grant passports to visitors from Tripoli. How did they get from the original Constitution to that one small article hidden in that document? Just asking..

I'm not sure what you are asking? Is there something in the Constitution that contradicts it?

I said I wasnt gonna post... but I saw this quote on ABCNews:

Czeslaw Milosz. He wrote this poem not long before he died in 2004 at the age of 93.

IF THERE IS NO GOD

If there is no God,

Not everything is permitted to man.

He is still his brother's keeper

And he is not permitted to sadden his brother,

By saying there is no God.

Thanks for posting this. It is an interesting poem.

Wavydaby: How far should we go in being our "brothers keeper"? Should we all put our earnings in one large pot and someone who knows what we need, dole it out as we need it?

I'm not trying to discourage you from posting at all. I am seriously interested in understanding if you think that the poem is a lovely sentiment that we should all strive for, or if you take it literally.

IF THERE IS NO GOD

If there is no God,

I guess what I was trying to do with the poem is to say that, just because you are one religion or another or not of any religion is that we should all just play nice. That is what I got out of it.

How far should we go by being our brothers keeper?

I do not know, I suppose we should do what we can so that we do not stretch ourselves out.

I'd loved the statement that said, in my interpretation is that just because you do not think there is a God, that does not give you rights to

a)run pell-mell and do bad things ( think we can all agree on this- and no I dont think atheists are bad people)

:) also, just because you dont think there is a God, you should try to belittle me or try to humiliate me because I do belive there is one.

(which I do.. and why I stopped posting is cause I felt like Ron was telling me that I was wrong in my faith)

I also think that the opposite is true in that, if I do believe in God, I do not have the right to "sadden my brother" who does not.

I am my brother's keeper so I should not hurt them.

The poem is kind of a "golden rule" but more wordy.

IF THERE IS NO GOD

If there is no God,

I guess what I was trying to do with the poem is to say that, just because you are one religion or another or not of any religion is that we should all just play nice. That is what I got out of it.

How far should we go by being our brothers keeper?

I do not know, I suppose we should do what we can so that we do not stretch ourselves out.

I'd loved the statement that said, in my interpretation is that just because you do not think there is a God, that does not give you rights to

a)run pell-mell and do bad things ( think we can all agree on this- and no I dont think atheists are bad people)

:) also, just because you dont think there is a God, you should try to belittle me or try to humiliate me because I do belive there is one.

(which I do.. and why I stopped posting is cause I felt like Ron was telling me that I was wrong in my faith)

I also think that the opposite is true in that, if I do believe in God, I do not have the right to "sadden my brother" who does not.

I am my brother's keeper so I should not hurt them.

The poem is kind of a "golden rule" but more wordy.

Sounds good to me.

I'm with you WAVYDABY. I wasn't sure where you were coming from and I really wanted to understand.

I agree that no one should put another person down for his beliefs. I wish more people felt that way about it. The door should swing both ways.

I am so sorry that Ron continues to believe that people were putting him down and attacking him. I don't know if his faith blinded him to the fact that we all just want to get along, but we don't expect to be told what to believe by ANYBODY. This is a country based on that principal. We tried to explain, he wasn't open to it. He seemed to feel that it was all about him having a strong faith. It was definitely not as far as I am concerned.

Some members may be celebrating Ron's departure thinking him the loser in the battles that have taken place during this past week, however, Ron may have won, because his style has brought many of us closer together. I have not seen so much honest conversation, and compassion between the literal Bible Christians, the figurative Bible Christians and the non-Christians since I have been posting here at LBT. Ron's departure may indeed have been a reason to Celebrate, but not for the reason that some had assumed.

If you had neighbors next door to you and the parents that lived there along with their cousins in the house next to them, were holding White Supremacy, Neo-Nazi meetings for young children in their backyard every night, including teaching that Whites should kill Gays, Blacks, Catholics and Jews, do you think it ever comes to a point that society should step in?

How about when they start teaching guerrilla warfare, and arms and legs are broken weekly in the practice?

That's not what Dawkins was talking about. He was talking about whether people should be allowed to teach their children "mainfest falsehoods", which for him is equivalent to teaching their children about God.