Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

So NOW I know what makes you angry! Faulty computer data entry! Aha! :)
When I depend on something and it lets me down, yes, I get angry. Things I don't depend on that let me down, hey, what can you do?

I get angriest when I let myself down.

Yeah, but that's only cuz you're hard-headed.
That I am. But my skin is as thick as my skull

AND

I was blessed with having the same shoe size as mouth size...

A little levity, Wheetsin style. And warning - there's also some mild adult content. As some of you know, I met my husband 6,000 miles away from home... so a lot of our communication had to happen indirectly -- at first through phone calls and letters, but then when my college brought on e-mail (and I realized I could send messages to people outside of my school) and chat, a whole new way of communicating (for free!) opened up to us. Keep in mind this is early 90s, and I'm not talking about a spruced of chat client complete with emoticons and spellcheck. I'm talking about medieval tools like ytalk and the original beta ICQ.

And once upon a time his parents were visiting (I had already met his parents in person by this time) and my husband had to run an errand, so he says "Here, chat with my parents." Which is kind of impossible. So I'm stammering on about something generic and flame retardant and, intending to tell them a story about a time I was blowing a bubble (bubble gum, not soapy bubbles), blew too hard, and it landed in my cousin's hair. Only by the time I'd fat-fingered it all up, what I ended up messaging to my future father-in-law was:

He came to close, I blew too hard, and I ended up spitting cum in her hair.

Curses to Mr. Qwerty. That "c" and "g" are just a little too close.

I really don't understand why their aversion is there... :rolleyes :heh:

I was blessed with having the same shoe size as mouth size...

OK, THAT is hilarious. It took me a few seconds, but once I got it there was a big ol' belly laugh.

A little levity, Wheetsin style. And warning - there's also some mild adult content. As some of you know, I met my husband 6,000 miles away from home... so a lot of our communication had to happen indirectly -- at first through phone calls and letters, but then when my college brought on e-mail (and I realized I could send messages to people outside of my school) and chat, a whole new way of communicating (for free!) opened up to us. Keep in mind this is early 90s, and I'm not talking about a spruced of chat client complete with emoticons and spellcheck. I'm talking about medieval tools like ytalk and the original beta ICQ.

And once upon a time his parents were visiting (I had already met his parents in person by this time) and my husband had to run an errand, so he says "Here, chat with my parents." Which is kind of impossible. So I'm stammering on about something generic and flame retardant and, intending to tell them a story about a time I was blowing a bubble (bubble gum, not soapy bubbles), blew too hard, and it landed in my cousin's hair. Only by the time I'd fat-fingered it all up, what I ended up messaging to my future father-in-law was:

He came to close, I blew too hard, and I ended up spitting cum in her hair.

Curses to Mr. Qwerty. That "c" and "g" are just a little too close.

I really don't understand why their aversion is there... :rolleyes :heh:

That is funny! :) Talk about an uncomfortable moment. Glad you were able to work through it.

Listen, Christians, by virtue of their beliefs, will go to great lengths to share their faith. It is who they are! When we see someone who we believe to be eternally lost, professing themselves to be an athiest, we have a spiritual and moral obligation to share our faith with them. They may or may not accept it, but nevertheless, we must share it. We would be hypocrits if we did not.

Excuse me....but my church does not proselytize, and I am not a hypocrite.

Everyone says this is because of the tax-exempt status of the churches. But Planned Parenthood is a tax-exempt organization too! So yes, it is not at all fair or just. Planned Parenthood can tell you who to vote for, but your minister can't. BTW, Planned Parenthood is holding a discussion next week at a temple in my community. How muddy do those waters get?

One more thing that I just thought of. In addition to Planned Parenthood being a tax-exempt organization which is allowed to "preach" how one should vote, it also RECEIVES money from the government! Yes, our tax money goes to this tax-exempt, "non-profit" organization (which had a $63,000,000 in excess profit last year) which is allowed to then tell people how to vote, but our churches can't do that for fear of losing their tax-exempt status.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

One more point on who is more to be feared, or at least on why the right fears the left:

From: www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,71985-0.html, Richard Dawkins, a leading atheist and the author of the book The God Delusion, is quoted: “How much do we regard children as being the property of their parents? It's one thing to say people should be free to believe whatever they like, but should they be free to impose their beliefs on their children? Is there something to be said for society stepping in? What about bringing up children to believe manifest falsehoods?”

Yeah, my beliefs aren't OK for me to teach to my children, but yours are? You have so much disdain for my faith that you believe I shouldn't be able to teach it to my children? Reason #602 on why I homeschool . . .

One more thing that I just thought of. In addition to Planned Parenthood being a tax-exempt organization which is allowed to "preach" how one should vote, it also RECEIVES money from the government! Yes, our tax money goes to this tax-exempt, "non-profit" organization (which had a $63,000,000 in excess profit last year) which is allowed to then tell people how to vote, but our churches can't do that for fear of losing their tax-exempt status.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

The Constitution does not say anything about a wall of separation between government and medical care. If it did, then there would be no debate about abortion, because abortion would be totally protected.

One more point on who is more to be feared, or at least on why the right fears the left:

From: www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,71985-0.html, Richard Dawkins, a leading atheist and the author of the book The God Delusion, is quoted: “How much do we regard children as being the property of their parents? It's one thing to say people should be free to believe whatever they like, but should they be free to impose their beliefs on their children? Is there something to be said for society stepping in? What about bringing up children to believe manifest falsehoods?”

Yeah, my beliefs aren't OK for me to teach to my children, but yours are? You have so much disdain for my faith that you believe I shouldn't be able to teach it to my children? Reason #602 on why I homeschool . . .

If you had neighbors next door to you and the parents that lived there along with their cousins in the house next to them, were holding White Supremacy, Neo-Nazi meetings for young children in their backyard every night, including teaching that Whites should kill Gays, Blacks, Catholics and Jews, do you think it ever comes to a point that society should step in?

How about when they start teaching guerrilla warfare, and arms and legs are broken weekly in the practice?

Yet we feel that madrassahs are wrong for creating yet another generation of Muslims who despise the West and believe anyone not a Muslim to be an infidel not worthy of life. All they are doing is teaching their beliefs to their children, right?

But they also teach them to be suicide bombers and kill the infidels whenever possible, which gives you great rewards in heaven. The bombing and killing part could be a problem, don't you think??

Yet we feel that madrassahs are wrong for creating yet another generation of Muslims who despise the West and believe anyone not a Muslim to be an infidel not worthy of life. All they are doing is teaching their beliefs to their children, right?

But they also teach them to be suicide bombers and kill the infidels whenever possible, which gives you great rewards in heaven. The bombing and killing part could be a problem, don't you think??

Yes, Ron. My point was that parents shouldn't really expect carte blanche when it comes to teaching their beliefs to their children. Teaching children to be bigots is counterproductive to civil society. Dawkins' point is that teaching children to believe in a supernatural deity--inculcating them with a belief in a fantasy they know not yet how to challenge--is harmful to both the children and to society.

It's a strong statement, but I can't say I disagree.

I can disagree strongly! I can only speak for Bible believeing Christians, but the Bible tells us to teach our children the faith from the time that are small so they don't depart from it. In today's world especially, not doing so leaves them open to being innoculated with the godless, anti- religious culture that is so ever present.

Perthaps Dawkin can explain the difference between innoculating children to believe in a fantacy, as he put's it and innoculating children to believe there is no God? Since Dawkin considers God to be a fantacy, perhaps he has a vested interest in kids not believeing in God! Sounds a little biased, doesen't it??

If someone truely believes in God, how could they not, in good conscience, not teach it to their children as fact. The only ones that might have a problem with this are those who don't believe in God, so their's is not a very objective observation and opinion.

Yes, Ron. My point was that parents shouldn't really expect carte blanche when it comes to teaching their beliefs to their children. Teaching children to be bigots is counterproductive to civil society. Dawkins' point is that teaching children to believe in a supernatural deity--inculcating them with a belief in a fantasy they know not yet how to challenge--is harmful to both the children and to society.

It's a strong statement, but I can't say I disagree.

All youse guys complaining about Planned Parenthood PREACHING... just remember the difference between a group supporting people's rights going public with their position, and a pastor standing in front of his obedient congregation, from his pulpit, preaching against abortion as being immoral and a sin and a reason for going to HELL.

Please tell me that you all see the distinction.

Second point I'd like to make is that the term lobbying has been used and I'm not sure that it is accurate used in this context. I have never seen the Planned Parenthood organization, for instance, LOBBY for abortion.

As far as the spelling issue here, I will admit that I am one of those rotten people who mentioned some especially bad spelling here - not to accuse someone directly, but you know who you are... almost all of us! We all misspell words and use grammar incorrectly and are guilty of other errors that are high crimes and misdemeanors in our use of the English language to try to convey our thoughts. My complaint is that sometimes it is very difficult to read a post that is frought with many, many misspelled words and incorrect usages of words. I'm not looking for perfection, please understand that. I do find some posts very difficult to understand, and I do wonder sometimes about the haste and anger that must be behind that kind of post.

I feel sorry for anyone who has arthritis so bad that it affects their spelling and grammar and word usage. My arthritic knees hurt so bad sometimes that I can't think straight either.