Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I am pointing out the hypocricy and double standard, because when I was the one saying it, everyone thought it was so terrible.
And yet, if the original criticism of you was unfounded, as you claimed, it isn't hypocrisy. If you intended no ill will with your original comments, it shouldn't bother you if those same comments are used against you.

You were replying to me. It seems to be a no-brainer that it was directed at me. And it is pretty clear that you (and others on this thread who agree with you on most positions) believe that all of us Christian fundamentalist fanatical terrorists believe that the US should be a theocracy.
Don't say "no-brainer"!! He thinks you're calling him stupid. He got mad at me before!!
Oh, Heavens to Betsy. Did I use a bad word? Shame on me. But you can't blame me, surely. We terrorists don't have any concept of the sensitivities of the world around us. Saying "no-brainer" couldn't possibly be a figure of speech. It must mean that you think others don't have a brain and are inferior to you. Silly me.

I don't get mad, I can get angry, but I have not even done that.

How is these for "figures of speech"?

"only an ignorant person" would not see that.

"Any jerk could see that"

"Anyone with a brain would know that"

If I used them, I wouldn't be calling anyone a name, but it would not be right. "No brainer" means it doesn't take any brains to see (agree with) that.

There is not much difference between “No Brainer” and the "figures of speech" that I wrote above.

How about all of us looking a little deeper into what they say and trying to be straight forward?

I PLEDGE NOT TO BE SCARCASTIC OR USE DOUBLE ANTANDRE TO ANY MEMBER HERE AT LPT.

Can we all agree to try to abide by that pledge?

These topics stimulate the emotions as much as the mind, so let's try to keep it intellectual And yes, I have erred in some of my postings. If I can be a big enough person to admit that, there is no reason that all of us can not be big enough to try to behave.

Hey, the reason we are at LBT is because we are big. Right?

And yes, I have erred in some of my postings. If I can be a big enough person to admit that, there is no reason that all of us can not be big enough to try to behave.

I appreciate your saying that (although I'm not sure which things you consider you erred in; they're probably different from which things I consider you erred in :confused:).

BTW, I tell my children that if their "I'm sorry" is followed by a "but", they're not really sorry.

Hey, the reason we are at LBT is because we are big. Right?
I came here looking for a man, but no matter how hard I try to woo you, you keep bringing up your wife.

:confused: [scratching head] I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic here or not (based on the 3 spelling errors, which I am distinctly NOT pointing out to shame you but rather to further explain my confusion about your sincerity).

When he says "everybody", does that include Christian, Conservative Right Wing Wacko Fanatics too??

:confused: [scratching head] I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic here or not (based on the 3 spelling errors, which I am distinctly NOT pointing out to shame you but rather to further explain my confusion about your sincerity).

My spell checker did not pick up any errors, so please feel free to show me the error of my ways. LPT slipped through because I have it as an added word.

I will not reply to any of the other posts because I have taken my pledge and anything I would say would just fan the flames that I am trying to put out.

Fair enough! I will be the first to take that pledge and also not answer any that contain the same. Done deal!!

My spell checker did not pick up any errors, so please feel free to show me the error of my ways. LPT slipped through because I have it as an added word.

I will not reply to any of the other posts because I have taken my pledge and anything I would say would just fan the flames that I am trying to put out.

My only question is: Why is it not appropriate to as a spiritual leader, to direct you people to vote in a manner that is consistant with the moral code set by the organization. I say that carefully, because that could apply to any group. Planned parenthood lobbies people to vote for pro-choice candidates. The NRA lobbies people to vote for candidates that support their ideas. Minority groups lobby to support candidates that help their cause. The list goes on. Why would Christian leaders not lobby for candidates that supported their views as well?

Everyone says this is because of the tax-exempt status of the churches. But Planned Parenthood is a tax-exempt organization too! So yes, it is not at all fair or just. Planned Parenthood can tell you who to vote for, but your minister can't. BTW, Planned Parenthood is holding a discussion next week at a temple in my community. How muddy do those waters get?

sarcastic, not scarcastic; entendre, not antandre; lbt, not lpt. I don't know if antandre is a second, accepted spelling of entendre, but I'm reasonably sure it's not.

TOM, I want to say again that I really did NOT bring up spelling errors for any purpose other than knowing if you were being serious or not. In fact, I went back and checked to see if those same errors had been made previously in this thread, because the whole thing just seemed "off" to me.

sarcastic, not scarcastic; entendre, not antandre; lbt, not lpt. I don't know if antandre is a second, accepted spelling of entendre, but I'm reasonably sure it's not.
LPT slipped through because it is a PC word.

Antandre should not have slipped through. My spell checker allowed it, but dictionary.com says not such word.

Scarcastic also should not have slipped through. My spell checker also allowed it, but dictionary.com says not such word.

I need to check my spelling dictionary to find out if I can delete these words.

I am pissed!!

TOM, I want to say again that I really did NOT bring up spelling errors for any purpose other than knowing if you were being serious or not. In fact, I went back and checked to see if those same errors had been made previously in this thread, because the whole thing just seemed "off" to me.
Even though we can butt heads pretty hard, I do not think you are a vindictive person. You can, like I can, push the envelope at times.:confused:

Even though we can butt heads pretty hard

Yeah, but that's only cuz you're hard-headed :confused:

(ok, I deleted this twice before posting it, because I wasn't sure the JOKING NATURE of it would come through -- but I'm going on faith that it will and posting anyway)

LPT slipped through because it is a PC word.

Antandre should not have slipped through. My spell checker allowed it, but dictionary.com says not such word.

Scarcastic also should not have slipped through. My spell checker also allowed it, but dictionary.com says not such word.

I need to check my spelling dictionary to find out if I can delete these words.

I am pissed!!

So NOW I know what makes you angry! Faulty computer data entry! Aha! :confused: