Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I have severe arthritus in my hands so I make some typo's. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

GeezerSue: Just curious, was Dody a good speller?

Just to change the subject, today I went for my 3rd fill. I naw have 3cc in my 9cc band. They always say to do all liquids for a day. I don't feel any inflamation or swelling so I was wondering if it would be asking for trouble to eat something soft tonight. What do you think??

My "official" answer is to always follow your doctors orders!

That said, I've eaten a light dinner after a fill. Softer foods. Never had any problems.

And that is what I have done previously. Just wanted to make sure I was not alone. Thx.

My "official" answer is to always follow your doctors orders!

That said, I've eaten a light dinner after a fill. Softer foods. Never had any problems.

I'm more worried about the iNTERNAL threats we are all suffering.

Going to Afghanistan is understandable. Iraq...no.

I do not wish to sound like I think I have more of a "right" to opine on this matter becaue I don't, but I do have a clue as to what it's like to donate your body to the government to use as it pleases. And, I think that those who have not had the opportunity to make that kind of donation should consider that those who HAVE, might just have good reason for being against this endeavor.

To you and to all those who have served, especially if you came away wounded, we all own a debt of gratitude. I don't know what it's like to go through something like that and can only imagine. I have only the greatest respect!

I too am concerned about the internal threat i9n this country, but not from within our political arena, if that is what you were referring to. I believe the enemy we are facing and wants to destroy America and the rest of the world is living in our midst. The problem is, we can't tell the radical extreamists from the Muslims that want to live in peace. I believe, from the enemys viewpoint, this is a religious war, and the rules are much different that past wars. Whatever our views on Iraq, Bush and politics, if we become divided as a nation, we could lose this war. I find that very frightening.

I'm more worried about the iNTERNAL threats we are all suffering.

Going to Afghanistan is understandable. Iraq...no.

I do not wish to sound like I think I have more of a "right" to opine on this matter becaue I don't, but I do have a clue as to what it's like to donate your body to the government to use as it pleases. And, I think that those who have not had the opportunity to make that kind of donation should consider that those who HAVE, might just have good reason for being against this endeavor.

GeezerSue: Just curious, was Dody a good speller?

I didn't pay that much attention...but I don't think they are one and the same. I'm sure Ron is Ron. He's all over the internet.

But I'm also pretty sure that he was invited here by someone who was banned from the site and who--by using a different persona and different user name--is...well...a liar. So, if I'm right--and I admit I could be wrong, but I doubt it--we have the current religious preaching courtesy of someone who is--at best--breaking the membership rules and lying about who she is and essentially trespassing.

(I guess it would be considered a sacrilege for ME to say, "Thank you, Jesus!")

Sue

Sue - I don't know anything about the background of the person who tome me about this board. What do you mean that I "am all over the Internet"??

Not for nothing, I am sure I would have found this board soon enough on my one, and talking about Jesus is part of who I am. Sorry about that!

I didn't pay that much attention...but I don't think they are one and the same. I'm sure Ron is Ron. He's all over the internet.

But I'm also pretty sure that he was invited here by someone who was banned from the site and who--by using a different persona and different user name--is...well...a liar. So, if I'm right--and I admit I could be wrong, but I doubt it--we have the current religious preaching courtesy of someone who is--at best--breaking the membership rules and lying about who she is and essentially trespassing.

(I guess it would be considered a sacrilege for ME to say, "Thank you, Jesus!")

Sue

To you and to all those who have served, especially if you came away wounded, we all own a debt of gratitude. I don't know what it's like to go through something like that and can only imagine. I have only the greatest respect!

I too am concerned about the internal threat i9n this country, but not from within our political arena, if that is what you were referring to. I believe the enemy we are facing and wants to destroy America and the rest of the world is living in our midst. The problem is, we can't tell the radical extreamists from the Muslims that want to live in peace. I believe, from the enemys viewpoint, this is a religious war, and the rules are much different that past wars. Whatever our views on Iraq, Bush and politics, if we become divided as a nation, we could lose this war. I find that very frightening.

~~~

Ron,

Edward Croker, a former FDNY Chief at the turn of the last century, said it better than I can:

"...Firefighting is a hazardous occupation; it is dangerous on the face of it, tackling a burning building. The risks are plain...consequently, when a man becomes a fireman, his act of bravery has already been accomplished. Everything else is his daily duty."

So, it's a shame that ANY of us get injured, but the act of heroism for any member of the military, was taking the oath at the beginning of service. After than, it was just a matter of wrong place-wrong time, because--as pawns in this chess game--were were all essentially interchangable.

Next item...we will lose this war. There is no way anyone but a terrorist could win it...except if we flatten the earth. Burn the whole thing down. You are old enough to remember the War on Poverty and th War on Drugs and I think we had a War on Crime but I'm not sure. You can't win one of those. Dubya may as well have declared war on bad breath or rude driving. You can NEVER win that war because all it will ever take is ONE--count 'em, ONE--looney to go off and fifty-years of peace (as if THAT could happen) or fresh breath or bad driving would no longer count.

So, the reason we will will lose this war--and we will--is because our religious fanatic (not just fundamentalist, but fanatic), stupid president declared war on something that can NEVER be conquered. Ever.

Finally, I can't tell the difference between a reasonable Christian walking down the street and a Jim Jones or Ron Koresh or Warren Jeffs. Does that mean that, because those three were scary and dangerous, I get to kill 'em all? I think not. Same with scary Muslims.

Ron,

So if we can't will this war, what do we do! Throw our hands up, quit and turn the country over to the Taliban??

Previous wars were fought between army's, in uniform, and you could tell the good guys from the bad guys. This war is different, and we have to fight it differently. I am not saying that we have it right yet, but at least we're trying, and we will get better. If we don't, our grandchildren will be living in a militant Islamic society and killed if they don't embrace their concept of the Qur'an. And so will athiests!!

Not only can we win, we will win, because we have to win. Regardless weather you think Iraq was a mistake or I think it was right, the reality is, we are there, and to lose there now could cause a domino effect. If it was not Iraq, it would be Afganistan, and after there, somewhere else. Losing there is not an option for this country, and if nothing else, we need to stand united behind that.

By the way, the FDNY Chief hit the nail on the head! He had good incite!

~~~

Edward Croker, a former FDNY Chief at the turn of the last century, said it better than I can:

"...Firefighting is a hazardous occupation; it is dangerous on the face of it, tackling a burning building. The risks are plain...consequently, when a man becomes a fireman, his act of bravery has already been accomplished. Everything else is his daily duty."

So, it's a shame that ANY of us get injured, but the act of heroism for any member of the military, was taking the oath at the beginning of service. After than, it was just a matter of wrong place-wrong time, because--as pawns in this chess game--were were all essentially interchangable.

Next item...we will lose this war. There is no way anyone but a terrorist could win it...except if we flatten the earth. Burn the whole thing down. You are old enough to remember the War on Poverty and th War on Drugs and I think we had a War on Crime but I'm not sure. You can't win one of those. Dubya may as well have declared war on bad breath or rude driving. You can NEVER win that war because all it will ever take is ONE--count 'em, ONE--looney to go off and fifty-years of peace (as if THAT could happen) or fresh breath or bad driving would no longer count.

So, the reason we will will lose this war--and we will--is because our religious fanatic (not just fundamentalist, but fanatic), stupid president declared war on something that can NEVER be conquered. Ever.

Finally, I can't tell the difference between a reasonable Christian walking down the street and a Jim Jones or Ron Koresh or Warren Jeffs. Does that mean that, because those three were scary and dangerous, I get to kill 'em all? I think not. Same with scary Muslims.

Not only can we win, we will win, because we have to win.

What will winning look like? It's a serious question, not being snarky.

What milestones have to be reached for you to say "we win and can bring our troops home?"

Throw our hands up, quit and turn the country over to the Taliban??
Ron, the Taliban doesn't want our country. They want us out of theirs.

When you say "bring our troops home", are you talking about Iraq, Afganisan, other fronts ????!

When I think about "winning" I am thinking about a time whan we don't have a serious threat of Islamic extreamists flying planes into our buildings, bombing our embassys and trying to sink our ships. I don't see that happening any time soon. Iraq and Afganistan are only battles in a much bigger war.

In terms of Iraq, I think of winning as when a free independant Iraq can govern itself without the internal factions killing each other, and when we can rest comfortable that it won't disrupt the Middle East and it's oil flow.

That is a serious answer.

PS - I am leaving soon, so if I don't respond for a while, I am not evading any questions or being rude. I will be back later.

What will winning look like? It's a serious question, not being snarky.

What milestones have to be reached for you to say "we win and can bring our troops home?"

I am sure they do! Perhaps I should have said islamic extreamists

Ron, the Taliban doesn't want our country. They want us out of theirs.

In terms of Iraq, I think of winning as when a free independant Iraq can govern itself without the internal factions killing each other, and when we can rest comfortable that it won't disrupt the Middle East and it's oil flow.

That is a serious answer.

OK, but how will we know when that point has been reached? What will that look like? What benchmarks do we look for?