Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

He is not a murderer. In a war, people die! If you want to talk about innocent people dieing in war, NO country is without blood on it's hands. We were attacked on 911 by brutal factions that want to destroy our country.

Regarding Iraq, setting aside his aiding and abetting these people, Saddams threat to the Middle East and his genocide against his own people .

The Islamists who want to destroy America came from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan - two of our 'allies' - no Iraqis aboard any of those planes. As for the US taking out Saddam b/c he commited genocide - again, the Al-Anfa'al campaign (as Saddam's kurdish campaign was known at the time) happened in the 1980's - HELLO- an excuse that's 23 years old? Justice in our country is required to be "timely". Our foreign policy vis-a-vis Iraq has been couched in "justice" terms - what about the timely part???

And if we are against genocide, what about Rwanda? Or is it just white genocide, aka Bosnia, and light brown, vis-a-vis the kurds? Black geocides and black antagonists need not expect the 'justice' that the US metes out when IT chooses??

Now I'm calling bullcrap - lack of consistancy = excuses. If we're gonna use this line of crap, at least be consistant! That's what our legal system demands - why should our foreign policy be anything less??:angry

Saddam and Hussein hated each other.

Hussein's tie to terror was giving money to the families of suicide bombers who died attacking Israeli targets.

Even BuSh has said on TV that Hussein had nothing to do with 911.:faint:

I disagree! The founders of this country came here because they faced persecution because of their Christian beliefs in their homelands, were believers in the Bible and based the legal system upon their biblical proncipals. This is historical fact, but because of it, this is a free country and you are free to believe any way you choose.

Bingo. The laws may be the same as some Biblical principals, but they aren't based on it.

No. I was praising you writting.

I was retelling a series of posts that I had at another forum today.

I have nothing but respect for you, your service to this country and the service by your family.:)

PLEASE, PLEASE, REREAD MY POST SO THAT YOU MIGHT SEE THAT I WAS TALKING TO SOMEONE ELSE.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS MISCOMMUNICATION!!:)

I did and I realized that and there is no miscommunication or offense...No worries!! Was merely pointing out that the suffering brough on by BuSH and co is largely hidden due to service to country not being somethign that's universal.

And you don't consider aiding and abetting terrorists?? Because they were suicide bombers attacking Israel??

Saddam and Hussein hated each other.

Hussein's tie to terror was giving money to the families of suicide bombers who died attacking Israeli targets.

Even BuSh has said on TV that Hussein had nothing to do with 911.:faint:

And you don't consider aiding and abetting terrorists?? Because they were suicide bombers attacking Israel??
So the USA had to let 3000 of our people die and spend a trillion dollars because Hussein was giving money to people who had not done anything except lose a child to war?

We were talking about 911.:faint:

It is not as simplistic as that, and I am sure you know it. He was a major threat to the Middle East and the world oil supply, he committed genocide against the Serbs, he promoted or turned a blind eye to murdering and raping his own people but his sons, and the list goes on. He was evil, and we did the right thing.

So the USA had to let 3000 of our people die and spend a trillion dollars because Hussein was giving money to people who had not done anything except lose a child to war?

We were talking about 911.:faint:

This is one reason why I hate to discuss politics! We can disagree all day long and come up with logic and arguments that sound plausible to us to explain out politics.

Instead of complaining, we have two options, as I see it . . .

We can change the laws we don't like and elect politicians to replace those we don't like. That works if the majority of the people think as we do.

If the majority of the people don't agree with us and we can't change the political landscape and our laws, then we always have the option to move to another country that we might like better.

Isn't it great to live in a free country that gives us those choices??

The Islamists who want to destroy America came from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan - two of our 'allies' - no Iraqis aboard any of those planes. As for the US taking out Saddam b/c he commited genocide - again, the Al-Anfa'al campaign (as Saddam's kurdish campaign was known at the time) happened in the 1980's - HELLO- an excuse that's 23 years old? Justice in our country is required to be "timely". Our foreign policy vis-a-vis Iraq has been couched in "justice" terms - what about the timely part???

And if we are against genocide, what about Rwanda? Or is it just white genocide, aka Bosnia, and light brown, vis-a-vis the kurds? Black geocides and black antagonists need not expect the 'justice' that the US metes out when IT chooses??

Now I'm calling bullcrap - lack of consistancy = excuses. If we're gonna use this line of crap, at least be consistant! That's what our legal system demands - why should our foreign policy be anything less??:angry

Yes, Saddam killed a whole bunch of people, but WE KNEW THAT WHEN WE WERE SUPPORTING HIM. That's WHY we were supporting him, because we didn't like the people he was killing!

That is true, and the same anology can be applied to our former relations with Iran with the Shar. It apparently served our national interest to do so at the time, which does not necessarily make it right. Nevetheless, it does not make Saddam a "good guy", and us dumping him from power a "bad" thing.

Yes, Saddam killed a whole bunch of people, but WE KNEW THAT WHEN WE WERE SUPPORTING HIM. That's WHY we were supporting him, because we didn't like the people he was killing!

All this war talk is making me even MORE curious...

Ron, you seem very supportive of the mess in Iraq...and of our going after our enemies where we find them. Yet, TrueBlueSue and I seem to see if from a different perspective. (I don't speak on her behalf, it's just an observation.)

Interestingly enough, she's a veteran of the Gulf thing and I'm a Viet Nam Era Vet...so, I'm naturally wondering if you, too, are supportive of all this military intervention because of/in spite of a military background? Or if maybe you are not a veteran yourself. (You're a couple of years older than I, and most men my age and older do have a military background...but it's just that you haven't mentioned yours, which made me wonder.)

I tried to enlist in the Army three times when I was 17 and just out of High School. All of my friends were going to Viet Nam and I felt the call myself. Unfortunately, I could not pass the physical because of obesity. I would have gladly served my country had I been allowed.

You called Iraq a "mess", and I agree with you! It has become a mess. I believe it was the right thing to go in there, but I think we could have done things differently, or al lease foresaw the possible opposition from the warring faction within Iraq. I think we could have done more to secure the boarders, give more aid to the population, and other things.

Well reality is reality, and we are there, and things are what thst are. I still believe that as Americans, we need to stand united behind our President, especially at a time when there are forces out there seeking to destroy out country.

All this war talk is making me even MORE curious...

Ron, you seem very supportive of the mess in Iraq...and of our going after our enemies where we find them. Yet, TrueBlueSue and I seem to see if from a different perspective. (I don't speak on her behalf, it's just an observation.)

Interestingly enough, she's a veteran of the Gulf thing and I'm a Viet Nam Era Vet...so, I'm naturally wondering if you, too, are supportive of all this military intervention because of/in spite of a military background? Or if maybe you are not a veteran yourself. (You're a couple of years older than I, and most men my age and older do have a military background...but it's just that you haven't mentioned yours, which made me wonder.)

Just to change the subject, today I went for my 3rd fill. I naw have 3cc in my 9cc band. They always say to do all liquids for a day. I don't feel any inflamation or swelling so I was wondering if it would be asking for trouble to eat something soft tonight. What do you think??