Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Thank you, laurend, for being honest. I mean that very sincerely and I have always found that to be true of you. My suspicion was that no one called Sue on it because they secretly liked what she was saying, and you've been brave enough to confirm that suspicion.

Let me clarify a bit. I don't exactly like what Sue is saying. But I understand why she is saying it and I think Ron provoked it.

I have been told by some that the reason they are mocking is because they don't want to hear about what I believe. I thought I was free to say what I wanted here! Do other rules apply only to me??

Is someone here keeping you from posting? Have you been censored?

As I see it, we are all free to say what we want. Including how we feel about what other people say.

I doubt Sue would agree with you, and I daresay there are a lot of others on this thread that would disagree as well. I also doubt they'll speak up.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, though!

Hum. So you think other people feel a certain way, but won't speak up? Why wouldn't they?

And yes, Sue used the qualifier "fanatical".

I doubt Sue would agree with you, and I daresay there are a lot of others on this thread that would disagree as well. I also doubt they'll speak up.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, though!

OK, I think I misunderstood. I don't see you as fanatical at all either.

Ahhhh, but the reverse is not also true. Are most fundamentalists fanatics? I don't think so!

I totally agree. I think fanatics are a small percentage of any group. They to tend to be the loudest and scaryiest as well, which is why they get attention.

Gadgetlady,

I see you as a fundamentalist--and I see fundamentalism as a real problem--but I don't view you as a fanatic or as stupid. (Although I submit that the view from atop a pedestal is subject to oxygen deprivation and the related mis-interpretation of data...but that is STILL not stupid or fanatic.)

My view of fundamentalism is that it leads--very often--to fanatic behavior that the doer feels justified in perpetrating because his/her view of the planet is non-negotiable and, because since (in his or her opinion) it is the only RIGHT view, SHOULD be foisted off on the unwilling for "their own good."

I've SEEN Randall Terry in person... and his Stepford Wife Retinue. I had lunch that day with Gloria Allred. That was much more civilized company, away from fanatics.

I have been reading this thread for the past few days with a very heavy heart. I am a Christian and proclaim Jesus to be the love of my life! I am however of the belief that those who seek public acknowledgement and praise for their "Good Christian Attributes" have already recieved their reward. I, myself, prefer to store up my treasures in heaven. My prayer life is personal and quiet, my mission work is frequent and without any earthly reward and those that I serve never know my name.

I hope that those of you that are searching for the truth in Christianity do so through a Christian friend that loves you unconditionally...not through the brow beating, scripture abusing manner that I have seen here. I am not a theologian and I do not quote "snip-its" from the bible to scare people into my religion...I live as closely as I can to the example of Christ and find that my actions speak louder than my words or my acclaimed knowledge of a Bible that will never truly be explained on this earth.

I have truly enjoyed this group of people, for the most part, since I was banded in October...I have prayed for those of you with troubles and spent most of my time here in a full "belly laugh"! I think you are all great in your own, sometimes quirky, ways...and I love you regardless!

Remember...Mercy is not getting what you deserve...Grace is getting what you don't deserve...Mercy and Grace to us all!

I have been reading this thread for the past few days with a very heavy heart. I am a Christian and proclaim Jesus to be the love of my life! I am however of the belief that those who seek public acknowledgement and praise for their "Good Christian Attributes" have already recieved their reward. I, myself, prefer to store up my treasures in heaven. My prayer life is personal and quiet, my mission work is frequent and without any earthly reward and those that I serve never know my name.

I hope that those of you that are searching for the truth in Christianity do so through a Christian friend that loves you unconditionally...not through the brow beating, scripture abusing manner that I have seen here. I am not a theologian and I do not quote "snip-its" from the bible to scare people into my religion...I live as closely as I can to the example of Christ and find that my actions speak louder than my words or my acclaimed knowledge of a Bible that will never truly be explained on this earth.

I have truly enjoyed this group of people, for the most part, since I was banded in October...I have prayed for those of you with troubles and spent most of my time here in a full "belly laugh"! I think you are all great in your own, sometimes quirky, ways...and I love you regardless!

Remember...Mercy is not getting what you deserve...Grace is getting what you don't deserve...Mercy and Grace to us all!

This is a fine post. Thank you.

Wonderful post! I really like your last line. It's funny, yesterday I was listening to my iPod while reading here, and "Amazing Grace" came on. I like the lines about how Grace is what saves us.

Just so we all understand. Hitler was obviously a very sick person, aside from 'claiming' to be a Christian/Catholic (heresay), however, there were Christians disposed of in the Holocaust as well. So, please don't use him as an example of what a Christian really is or should be. The anti-christ will also claim to be Christian. :D

I understand that all.

My point is I don't see why Ron would compare athiests to him. Well, other then to provoke more reaction?

Go back and read what the post actually said! I pointed out how stupid it would be to classify athiests in the same catagory as Hitler or any one else, as it is stupid to classify Christian fundamentalists and fanatics. I did not compare athiests to Hitler. Go back and read the words! You are twisting them.

I understand that all.

My point is I don't see why Ron would compare athiests to him. Well, other then to provoke more reaction?

, there were Christians disposed of in the Holocaust as well.

I have never heard of the Holocasut referred to as "disposing" of anyone...am I just ignorant? :faint: And I've never seen references to Christians being "disposed of" for their religion. I HAVE heard stories of those who were killed for their political activism who happened to ALSO be Christian, but not merely from their professed faith or accident of birth.