Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

What did I miss? I haven't read anything Ron says that's disrespectful of women.

Is your husband the head of your family as Christ is the head of the church? If so, you would not have noticed.

What amazes me is someone who professes to be a "Christian" could listen to the taunts and insulting remarkes about the faith and not be offended. You say I get mad?? When someone mocks Jesus, the Bible and my faith, you bet I get mad. The question is, why you don't! You should think about that.

The athiests here have gone to great lengths to try of pit Christians against each other, and apparently you are buying into it totally blinded to what is going on here. Shame on you!

Ron, your arrogance is amazing. I too have been offended by some of the remarks by non-beleivers. I have stated my faith and my beleifs. I can not force someone to respect me. You might have heard the old saying that respect is earned. I truely beleive that some of the hurtfull comments about Christianity came about as a result of your posts. Some were just mean spirited and getting outwardly upset will do nothing to make that person change, it only fuels the fire. God does give us free will as you stated. It is our job to bring the message to non-believers, but no where does the bible state that we should pick fights with them if they don't agree. So maybe shame on Lisa and me, but you know what? I am still very secure in my beleifs and the way I present myself.

I didn't say anything about defending me! I said defend your faith! When people make insulting and disparaging remarks, jokes and comments about Jesus, Christians, the Bible, don't you think you have an obligation to have the backbone to stand up for the faith you claim to embrace??
Saying the Bible is not a literal document is not an attack on Jesus, Christians, or the Bible. It is an opinion that many people have, including I.

Saying that there may have beem some political hanky-panky in the editing, translation or compiling of the Bible is also not an attack on Jesus, Christians, or the Bible. It is a fact. Just look at how many versions there are.

Is your husband the head of your family as Christ is the head of the church? If so, you would not have noticed.

Yes, he is. My husband also loves me like Christ loves the church - and in case you don't know what that means, he would DIE for me. I don't see anything disrespectful of women in that. In fact, I feel like I'm put on a pedastal.

Aw Ron. Don't be such a putz. Whatever that is. I have no earthly idea, but the sound of it seems to fit.

You CAN'T be rude to lisa25, you just can't. She's the kindest, least insulting Christian person posting here. Now I know without any shadow of a doubt what you're up to.

Because there you go again, proving right out of the chute that you are looking for a fight, pure and simple. Religion seems to be your topic du jour. A topic that is sure to get everyone's shorts in a wad. But just a topic. It obviously doesn't have much more meaning to you than that or you would stop being so ugly.

Just because you and a couple of others say that your intentions are honorable doesn't make them honorable. You sound like you are accusing me of being an atheist along with lisa25 I suppose? You're a very smug, self-righteous, small minded, ill-tempered, ugly little man. There, is that plain enough for you? I'm not attacking your faith. I'm not attacking the Bible. Are we clear?

I didn't say anything about defending me! I said defend your faith! When people make insulting and disparaging remarks, jokes and comments about Jesus, Christians, the Bible, don't you think you have an obligation to have the backbone to stand up for the faith you claim to embrace??

I haven't seen insults, mocking or such.

But thanks for the insults. Yeah, it's the athiests causing problems between Christians on this thread... :)

That is nice, and yet, when your Lord and your faith are made a mochery and a joke you are silent. There is a time to bring the message and there is a time to stand up for your faith.

Ron, your arrogance is amazing. I too have been offended by some of the remarks by non-beleivers. I have stated my faith and my beleifs. I can not force someone to respect me. You might have heard the old saying that respect is earned. I truely beleive that some of the hurtfull comments about Christianity came about as a result of your posts. Some were just mean spirited and getting outwardly upset will do nothing to make that person change, it only fuels the fire. God does give us free will as you stated. It is our job to bring the message to non-believers, but no where does the bible state that we should pick fights with them if they don't agree. So maybe shame on Lisa and me, but you know what? I am still very secure in my beleifs and the way I present myself.

I haven't seen insults, mocking or such.

lisah25, your feelings about Ron aside, you reallly haven't seen insults and mocking of Christianity? Really, truly? Because I have, in lots of places. In fact, besides here, there's a whole thread devoted to mocking Christianity.

Aw Ron. Don't be such a putz. Whatever that is. I have no earthly idea, but the sound of it seems to fit.

You CAN'T be rude to lisa25, you just can't. She's the kindest, least insulting Christian person posting here. Now I know without any shadow of a doubt what you're up to.

I like the term putz too, it may find a place in my vocab.

Thanks again. His comments don't bother me. They say much more about him then me or the faith of anyone here.

lisah25, your feelings about Ron aside, you reallly haven't seen insults and mocking of Christianity? Really, truly? Because I have, in lots of places. In fact, besides here, there's a whole thread devoted to mocking Christianity.

The Pasta one? I think it's funny, and no, I don't see it as mocking Christianity.

gadgetlady: Maybe having read that other thread mocking Christianity has made you think that people have said the same things here. Or they've gotten intertwined in some way in your head. There has been nothing said here that deserves the venom that Ron is spewing and that you are endorsing.

gadgetlady: Maybe having read that other thread mocking Christianity has made you think that people have said the same things here. Or they've gotten intertwined in some way in your head. There has been nothing said here that deserves the venom that Ron is spewing and that you are endorsing.

I've been thinking about this, and I've realized that you hit on part of what's been rattling around my brain.

I have seen comments that I think are rude, and about my faith. But, and this is a biggie for me, they have been in response to things said by Ron. So, it's hard to say much about them, because I understand what motivated them.

I do call Ron on what he says because he's representing the God I love, and I can't stand by and allow some of his comments to stand. I don't want people to think we all are like him. So, I guess I am defending my faith after all. It just doesn't look like Ron would like it to.

OMG, surely you don't think that the Flying Spagetti Monster thread is making a mockery of Christianity... it's a joke. You're like some of the people I've heard say that they think that South Park is dispicable. They say that children shouldn't be watching it. Well duh. It isn't for children. And it's satire. It's a joke. If you think that it is actually mocking God, it's your mind that is messed up. Maybe we need to debate what Mocking God consists of.

Have you ever heard of Greek Mythology? Are they making a mockery of God?

Is this an even more right wing, fundamentalist, neo-con thread than I thought? I guess I'm bad about taking too much at face value. I don't go around trying to read horrible things into everything eveyone else says. I think that if someone says they carry a shotgun to ward off boys, that they mean it. In fact, I kinda wonder if that isn't the truth of the matter.

lisa25: I think you and I have been reading this from a similar viewpoint. The difference between you and me is that you are able to keep a sensible, quiet way about your posts. I have been sucked into this, outraged by the terrible picture that is being painted of Christians, not by the atheists, but by some of the other so-called Christians.

The atheists are no threat. The tell it like they think it is. We know who they are. They are being honest in their communications. They may be wrong, but they're not really a threat to Christianity or faith in God. Some of the people who claim to be Christians are the ones who are making all Christians look like nincompoops.

It isn't fair. It isn't right and I'm sick of it!!!

OMG, surely you don't think that the Flying Spagetti Monster thread is making a mockery of Christianity... it's a joke. You're like some of the people I've heard say that they think that South Park is dispicable. They say that children shouldn't be watching it. Well duh. It isn't for children. And it's satire. It's a joke. If you think that it is actually mocking God, it's your mind that is messed up. Maybe we need to debate what Mocking God consists of.

Have you ever heard of Greek Mythology? Are they making a mockery of God?

Is this an even more right wing, fundamentalist, neo-con thread than I thought? I guess I'm bad about taking too much at face value. I don't go around trying to read horrible things into everything eveyone else says. I think that if someone says they carry a shotgun to ward off boys, that they mean it. In fact, I kinda wonder if that isn't the truth of the matter.

Believe me, I like jokes as much as the next person -- probably more. I spend a lot of my day laughing. And I understand satire. My mind is not messed up, thankyouverymuch.

Main Entry: mock·ery audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'mä-k(&-)rE, 'mo-

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -er·ies

1 : insulting or contemptuous action or speech : DERISION

2 : a subject of laughter, derision, or sport

3 a : a counterfeit appearance : IMITATION b : an insincere, contemptible, or impertinent imitation <makes a mockery of justice>

4 : something ridiculously or impudently unsuitable

Yup, I think the shoe pretty much fits.