Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

I am actually laughing because this just proves the truth of Romans chapter 1 and the reprobate mind that comes from supressing the knowledge of God. Praise the Lord!! :clap2:

Isn't it amazing that so many of you proud athiests have such a problem with my "attitude" and how I "say things", but you see nothing wrong with making a mockery out of my faith.

You don't like the things that I say, but you can say anything you want! You claim that you don't have a problem with "what" I say, by rather with "how" I say it". You lie through your teeth, and we certainly know who the father of lies is, don't we!!

Are you presuming to know what is in the heart of another? What about us Christians who have a huge problem with how you say what you do? Are we also lying through our teeth, and actually are against your message? And who is telling you that you can't say what you want?

The truth is, you are hypocrites of the worst kind. You can say the most mocking, hurting and insensitive things about God, Jesus and the foundational truths of the Bible, but let me refer to one of you as a "fool", and you go into a blind rage. What a sad lot you are!

I haven't seen anyone in a blind rage. You seem to have gotten madder then anyone else.

Sadly, some of the moderators here, who relish the "athiest" title are among the worst of the lot. You know what, you are not going to drive away the few Christians here no matter what you say or how much you try to offend. We're not going anywhere, so rant away!!

Sigh. No one is trying to drive anyone away. This is a board first and formost about Lapband surgery. Up until you came along, personal faith wasn't much of an issue at all. Came up now and then, but nothing like this.

I agree with Ron. I've said the same thing on other threads, too. While many might consider his method abrasive and have said as much, they have yet also mocked his beliefs. It seems that it is perfectly acceptable to mock Christianity, but nothing else. Taking RON out of the equation and how you all feel about him personally, that fact remains.

I have seen comments I think are indeed disrespectful to Christianity. But I've also seen comment disrespectful to other belief systems.

So, I think those who have the beliefs being "attacked" are the ones who will speak up. It's not OK to them, right?

So, when Christian beliefs are "mocked", the Christians are going to speak out, correct? When other beliefs are "mocked", those people will speak out.

IOW, "acceptable" varies by what you believe, from what I've seen here.

What amazes me is someone who professes to be a "Christian" could listen to the taunts and insulting remarkes about the faith and not be offended. You say I get mad?? When someone mocks Jesus, the Bible and my faith, you bet I get mad. The question is, why you don't! You should think about that.

The athiests here have gone to great lengths to try of pit Christians against each other, and apparently you are buying into it totally blinded to what is going on here. Shame on you!

Are you presuming to know what is in the heart of another? What about us Christians who have a huge problem with how you say what you do? Are we also lying through our teeth, and actually are against your message? And who is telling you that you can't say what you want?

I haven't seen anyone in a blind rage. You seem to have gotten madder then anyone else.

Sigh. No one is trying to drive anyone away. This is a board first and formost about Lapband surgery. Up until you came along, personal faith wasn't much of an issue at all. Came up now and then, but nothing like this.

Sadly, some of the moderators here, who relish the "athiest" title are among the worst of the lot. You know what, you are not going to drive away the few Christians here no matter what you say or how much you try to offend. We're not going anywhere, so rant away!!
Involvement on this thread has nothing to do with being a moderator. As I've said before, it doesn't say anywhere that moderators have to check their opinions and ideas at the door. And this thread is still here, so there's no "moderating" activities being used to censor anything. And I'm over in the other forums helping christians out just about every day of the week. So if you believe that my atheism has somehow jeopardized the integrity of this board or my ability to support its members, please feel free to make a report.

I bowed out of the conversation with you a LONG time ago. Having resurfaced to compliment you on seeing something that could be hard to see, and having the cajones to admit to it, which could be a very difficult thing. But it seems like you're still trying to point me out. How exactly is it that bowing out makes me the worst of the lot? Or I'm sorry - among. There have been exactly two moderators involved in this thread. So options are kinda limited. I saw what was going on a long time ago and decided it wasn't for me. I stayed on as an observer to make sure the thread remained civil, as did Alexandra. And rather than contine to do anything, let alone "drive away," I said "ok" and bowed out. How - do tell - is that being "the worst of the lot"?

I'm not sure how you draw the conclusions that anyone is trying to "drive away the few christians here." Maybe it's because your familiarity with the board doesn't appear to have reached beyond RnR. We have a LOT of christians on this board, whether they're vocal in RnR or not. A lot of chrisitans who proudly proclaim their beliefs and have "monnikers" of the like. And MOST of the people involved in this thread are also involved in the larger board - helping the board's population, which includes people who relish their Christian title, with their band problems, or surgical concerns, or problems keeping food down, or pre-op nervousness, or general life questions. That's not criteria that, to me personally, counts as trying to "drive them away".

The athiests here have gone to great lengths to try of pit Christians against each other, and apparently you are buying into it totally blinded to what is going on here. Shame on you!

You dare to say Shame on me?!

The athiests here have done no such thing. I reacted to you and only you.

You speak out of both sides of your mouth. The only discord between Christians is what you people have tried so hard to create. It isn't going to work. You are hypocrites and don't have the conviction to admit it. You expect someting of me that you do not expect from yourselves. You don't like hearing the truth, so you attack Christianity. It is so pathetic!

Cusano, the issue as to who the hypocrite might be depends on what terrain the given individual is occupying. You have made note of proud atheists in your recent post. I would say that you yourself are a proud Christian; why should you diss those who hold different views when you know that this is not respectful and is not the manner in which you would wish to be treated? Does not Jesus say something along the lines of do unto others as you would have done unto yourself?

You might, moreover, take note that the debate between the non-believers and the believers has become a non-starter over these past pages. The discussion has, by and large, developed into one of issues of belief between Christians. To re-introduce the largely silent Greek chorus of resident atheists into the discussion at this point carries the stench of desperation. It is a red herring.

As to the powerful and powerfully strange material which TOM introduced into this discussion, well, this is material which was drawn from an interesting and controversial novel: the title of this novel is 1984.

Yes I do! Perhaps it's time you stood up for your faith when it is attacked.

You dare to say Shame on me?!

The athiests here have done no such thing. I reacted to you and only you.

[

Your sarcastic, mindless comments, which are all you apparently are capible of, are not worthy of a reply.

First, as you have with a number of other words--even big second grade words such as "says"--you have misspelled "capable." But, I figured it out, so don't worry about that, okay?

My comments are not mindless...either am I, for that matter. However, YOUR negative attitude toward women--especially those who are demonstrably smarter than you (and of which there appears to be no shortage) is almost palpable...not that very many would WANT to get that close, but that's another thread.

What's the REAL story, Ron? You sound very angry and very afraid...too bad. It's most unattractive on a man your age. As we get older, some of us have REAL trouble accepting that the game is in the last quarter, if you know what I mean.

But, back to my questions...so you're saying that no amputees have been healed since the time of Christ? Not ONE? (And, btw, the good folks--also Christians--at this ministry don't seem to think that leprosy causes body parts to fall off, but they're probably the wrong flavor of Christianity, so they're wrong, too, huh? http://www.leprosy.org/LEPinfo.html#19 )

Anyway, no healed amputees in over 2000 years? But, we're still saying that God hears your prayers and heals when he is so inclined...he's just not inclined to heal amputees very often, right?

And, your health insurance. Are you going for a MediCare Supplement policy or an HMO or just prayer...and hoping you don't have anything you really want to keep get chopped off since we can pretty much count on no miracle getting anything to grow back, huh?

I'm just seeing an angry, bitter old man here...afraid of Islam and disrespecting of Jews...where do you stand on Druids?

Yes I do! Perhaps it's time you stood up for your faith when it is attacked.

I do. I don't stand up for those who claim to share it when they are attacked for reasons I agree with.

It's clear we disagree on what an "attack" is and what the target is.

I went back and reread the offensive posts that I though were made by you, and I was wrong. They came from someone else. I appoligize for the "moderator" comment.

Involvement on this thread has nothing to do with being a moderator. As I've said before, it doesn't say anywhere that moderators have to check their opinions and ideas at the door. And this thread is still here, so there's no "moderating" activities being used to censor anything. And I'm over in the other forums helping christians out just about every day of the week. So if you believe that my atheism has somehow jeopardized the integrity of this board or my ability to support its members, please feel free to make a report.

I bowed out of the conversation with you a LONG time ago. Having resurfaced to compliment you on seeing something that could be hard to see, and having the cajones to admit to it, which could be a very difficult thing. But it seems like you're still trying to point me out. How exactly is it that bowing out makes me the worst of the lot? Or I'm sorry - among. There have been exactly two moderators involved in this thread. So options are kinda limited. I saw what was going on a long time ago and decided it wasn't for me. I stayed on as an observer to make sure the thread remained civil, as did Alexandra. And rather than contine to do anything, let alone "drive away," I said "ok" and bowed out. How - do tell - is that being "the worst of the lot"?

I'm not sure how you draw the conclusions that anyone is trying to "drive away the few christians here." Maybe it's because your familiarity with the board doesn't appear to have reached beyond RnR. We have a LOT of christians on this board, whether they're vocal in RnR or not. A lot of chrisitans who proudly proclaim their beliefs and have "monnikers" of the like. And MOST of the people involved in this thread are also involved in the larger board - helping the board's population, which includes people who relish their Christian title, with their band problems, or surgical concerns, or problems keeping food down, or pre-op nervousness, or general life questions. That's not criteria that, to me personally, counts as trying to "drive them away".

However, YOUR negative attitude toward women

What did I miss? I haven't read anything Ron says that's disrespectful of women.

All animals are equal.

But Pigs are a little more equal.:faint:

Actually, the exact quote is: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL

BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS:rolleyes:

since we can pretty much count on no miralce getting anything to grow back, huh?

What's a miralce? Oh -- do you mean miracle? Oh, it's OK. I figured it out.

I didn't say anything about defending me! I said defend your faith! When people make insulting and disparaging remarks, jokes and comments about Jesus, Christians, the Bible, don't you think you have an obligation to have the backbone to stand up for the faith you claim to embrace??

I do. I don't stand up for those who claim to share it when they are attacked for reasons I agree with.

It's clear we disagree on what an "attack" is and what the target is.