Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

The Bible say's it, therefore since I believe the Bible, I believe it and do think it. It's as simple as that. I believe it, but I am not the one who cast judgement, according to the Bible, it is God!

It's as if you werein a courtroom on trial. The jury foreman may give you the bad news, but he didn;t make the law! In this case, I am far less that the jury foreman, because I don't get to decide your guilt or innocence. Unbelief ic condemned by God in the scriptures.

Thanks Ron, for setting me straight. You don't say those things, the Bible does.

So you're saying that you don't think that people who do not accept the Bible as literal and do not belive that Jesus, the Son of God, died for our sins are not going to hell? I don't understand. If they don't accept the Bible and don't believe in Jesus as the Son of God and all the other things that you quote from the Bible here, that you have said are TRUE, 100%, then they are not going to hell?

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Those are great verses! Were you trying to make a point by quoting the?

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Jesus in the New Testament

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God”--Deuteronomy 22:5

“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?” -- 1 Corinthians 6:1 NIV

“...that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire”--l Timothy 2:9 RSV

“Let not yours be the outward adorning of braiding of hair, decoration of gold, and wearing of fine clothing”-- 1 Peter 3 :3

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Under the Old Covenant dispensation of the Law of Moses, that was certainly the case.

You are taking Mark 6:11 out of context. Jesus is directing the Apostles to go forth with the Gospel. Read what He is saying. If they receive you, go in and abide there. If they don't receive you, which is the same as rejecting their message about Jesus, their fate in the Day of Judgement shall be worse that that of Sodom and Gomorrha. That is the price unbelievers pay for rejecting their salvation through Jesus.

Jude 1:5 Jude uses the descripting story of Moses leading the Children of Israel out of the wilderness, and the Egyptians that sort to destroy the people of God were destroyed when the Red Sea swallowed them up. He is talking to a church where false teachers were spreading lies and false teachings, and compared this the the Red Sea experience. If you continue one more verse, you will se also likens this to Sodom and Gomorrah also. This is consistant judgement upon unbelief!

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Matthew 13:

10: And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11: He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12: For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13: Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14: And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Maybe the word of Jesus was only for the disciples to understand rather than you or I.

YES!! without hesitation.

Sorry, I missed the 'taking it literal' part as well.. I got so excited about getting to Glorify God's name I skipped right over that.. :D

Literal, hmm.. I take the Bible literally, yes. However, I think it's been established there were many metaphors and parablles used in the Bible. Some scripture would make absolutely no sense, taken out of context and without a little cross referencing to other scriptures. And, remember, the Holy Spirit is there to help us discern as a believer who has an open heart and asks for understanding. Without that one element, there is no understanding.

LOL! You're funny, leatha. I love your excitement about all things of God :).

Jesus definitely did speak in parables and Scripture does need to be taken into context to understand it. There are so many people that say the Bible contradicts itself, but then when I ask for an example their examples really never DO contradict each other -- they just took them out of context or really didn't understand what was being said.

Other than TOM, who won't talk about it because it's "personal", I have yet to have anyone else respond in the affirmative, that they believe Jesus is the Son of God, that He was crucified and resurrected on the third day, and that they also don't take the Bible literally. Is there no one else with this belief system who's willing to admit it and talk about it?

gadgetlady: One way to find out if there are any souls out there who want to discuss your topic would be to start a thread on that topic.