Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Sue, My Bible say's that "the only way to the Farther is through the Son"! That seems to exclude everything else, doesen't it?

So the Christian bible is the only divinely inspired 'book' in the world. Wow. I kinda thought that humanity, being G-Ds children, ALL had a bit of the divine in them, and that creation, whether artistic or intellectual, was ALL divinely inspired. What is most apparent to me in this whole thread, Ron, GadgetLady, and everyone else, is that the differing religions truly have different ways of emphasizing their tenents. Christianity seems to be (based on what you've said Ron - I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong) all about an individual's PERSONAL relationship with G-D. Judaism, in contrast, is all about an individual's relationship with his/her COMMUNITY - and thereby to the divine. We look at the world as a series of human relationships, imperfect, that G-D WANTS our help in perfecting. By doing so, we bring a bit of the kingdom of heaven to earth. Conversely, we can create hell on earth for ourselves and the people around us by having dysfunctional relationships and therefore a dysfunctional relationship with G-D.

And Gadget, I wasn't trying to be a smart a#$ when I answered your question about believing in JC - I merely wanted to reflect the pluralism I've found to be so refreshing on LBT.

Sue, My Bible say's that "the only way to the Farther is through the Son"! That seems to exclude everything else, doesen't it?
Ron, the Bible may say it, but you are the one writing it.

It's interesting to make note of the fact that there are so many different interpretations of God, the Bible and other sources here, just on this thread, that it points to the chance that things may have been translated over the thousands of years with some possibility of bias and/or differing interpretations creeping in here and there.

No problem, I see you posted a clarification below this one. I do believe in the bible literally. I just think this thread is doing more harm than good, thats why I have spoken out against Ron's method. I don't disagree with most of his theological points. I will be the first to admit I am hypocritical at times as I don't always live up to my belief system, but I know what I believe and what I don't.

:cry So I still don't have anyone who will answer. I see a lot of people attacking Ron for saying what he believes and yet they won't say what they believe. Makes me wonder if they're afraid of the tables being reversed.

BTW, you're not alone in not living up to your belief system. Romans 3:23.

Ron, the Bible may say it, but you are the one writing it.

Wait, what? You have a problem with Ron quoting the Bible? :faint: Maybe that's the whole problem you and everyone else have with Ron? That he shouldn't have the audacity to quote the Bible, a holy book he believes in? Please, please tell me I'm wrong.

lisah25: Thanks for sharing your story from the weekend. Your DH is a very fortunate man to have you to help him through life. I am sure that you love him very much.

I do. He's not the kind of man I expected to marry, but we are a great fit.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He was crucified, and that He was resurrected on the third day?

Yes, I do.

I don't know how you could get that meaning from such a clear cut verse, but if that's what you believe . . .

Let me make one observation though! With that type of intrepretation couldn't you just make any verse say anything you want it to??

And that's where we disagree...the tenets of my faith would say that the son would mean family relations...

Oh, gosh, I think I need to clarify again. There are so many posts flying back and forth I don't think anyone is reading carefully. The question was not for everyone on the board, but for those who do NOT believe the Bible is literal and yet still call themselves Christians.

Well, the only one I remember reading that from was TOM. Did I miss someone else?

Yes, I do.

Do you believe the Bible is literal? I think I remember that you don't from other posts, but sometimes I get all my people confused.

:cry So I still don't have anyone who will answer. I see a lot of people attacking Ron for saying what he believes and yet they won't say what they believe. Makes me wonder if they're afraid of the tables being reversed.

Honestly, I don't believe Ron is getting the reaction he is for his beliefs. For how he shares them maybe, but not for what they are.

Well, the only one I remember reading that from was TOM. Did I miss someone else?

TOM is the only one who addressed the question, but he did not answer it. He said it was personal.