Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

It seems like whatever you experienced in your youth made you a bitter, closed minded person. You can't judge all people of faith by a fraud that you may had encoundered as a child.

I have no hatred or even dislike for those who believe differently. Weather you believe it or not, I actually care about them, because from what i know from the Word of God, they are eternally lost, and I don;t wish to see anyone suffer that.

I have tried to engage you in serious conversation. You return with remarks and innuendo about my faith, my God and the Bible, and you wonder why I get defensive?

There are people who do speak aout of both sides of their mouth and mislead people. I can not dispute that, but don't paint all of us with the same brush. A lot of what you described, I also experienced in my youth! If you have any desire to discuss and exchange seriously, without the baiting and name calling, I would welcome it, but enough already with the verbal abuse. That is not what I am here for.

A fool maybe but not a coward' the world has no shortage of charlatans and false profits. In my youth I met a number of them and they were all the same speaking out of both sides of their mouths. A message of Love for all like them, but venomouse hatred for those who are different. They cowardly veil their words so as to appear loving. When you read between the lines there is another message that includes a wink and a nudge but you know what their intent is. In my youth they spoke from the pulpit and they handed out flyers, today they have websites but the message is always the same. They remind us of the evil that exists the hearts of others and how they want to destroy us. We must act soon and swiftly against the evil foe so as to destroy them first, before they can destroy goodness. They are quick to point out that the evil foe is evil so destroying them is good and even though their actions are the same as the evil foe they are justified because God agrees with them.

They are cowards however because they don't have the guts to come out and say what they really mean and they viel their message, so even though you know what they are saying they only hint at it.

When you call them on it they are quick to yell prove it and they say things like " I defy you to show me where I said that". There methods are always similar, they start with the serman, when someone objects they tell them they know better, when the objection becomes stronger, they get nasty and threaten hell fire, more objection more nastiness and hell fire. Lets not forget the occasional pat on the head for the member of the flock who agrees with them, then more spewing of hatred for the evil foe.

They were most often the greatest sinners and when they are not sinning they are the most holy people on the planet. It's all or nothing for these folks. They are out doing the worst things one day then off to heaven siiting on the right hand of the father the next.

They call names but from a distance, they have others do their bidding but most of all they are cowards

"I have tried to engage you in serious conversation. You return with remarks and innuendo about my faith, my God and the Bible, and you wonder why I get defensive?"

No one objects to you becoming "defensive", but the problem that bothers many members is that you become "offensive".

Of course, you are right! I will no longer respond unless someone wish's to have a serious discussion free from all of this nonesense.

Since my beliefs and dialog is based upon the Word of God, those who believe there is no God or who do not believe that the Bible is the literal Word of God will have closed minds and react negatively.

Perhaps a more apporiate dialog would be why many millions of Believers, including myself, consider the Bible to be the literal, infallible Word of God in the first place. That is an area where I can see people having honest objection, but I think there is ample evidence to reach a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ron,

Please, please, just let it go. Your efforts have fallen on deaf ears. Only God can soften the hearts of unbelievers. The seeds have been planted and that is really all we mere mortals can do. This has really become nasty and unproductive and in the process God continues to take the lashing. I implore you to let it go and stop responding.

Please.

PS. I'm heading down the street to the Museum of Tolerance to learn a bit more about Anti-Semitism, anyone like to meet me there?

http://www.museumoftolerance.com/site/c.juLVJ8MRKtH/b.1580483/k.BE32/Home.htm

If my fistration in defending my faith comes across as being aggressive, I apoligize! That is not my intent.

"I have tried to engage you in serious conversation. You return with remarks and innuendo about my faith, my God and the Bible, and you wonder why I get defensive?"

No one objects to you becoming "defensive", but the problem that bothers many members is that you become "offensive".

lethea_g: I am not giving God a lashing. I am not an "unbeliever." If I have said something that sounds personal it's because it is personal, it is not criticism of spritualism or the worship of God. I am offended, as a true believer by this particular messenger. I am offended because it seems to me that he uses his spirituality, his message, his ministry, to be offensive to non-believers and if anyone is offending the Bible's message, I believe it is the offensive messenger. Not the Bible or God. I find this tactic of spreading the Word to be offensive enough that it would be wrong of me to not speak up.

It is very important to me personally for anyone who is questioning the Bible, the existence of God or another's ministry not to be offended by the messenger and confuse that person's rantings with the message of the Bible. I believe it is incumbent upon me to teach the offending teacher.

In what way do you consider that to be a "Freudian slip"??

As a fellow Christian, let me ask you a serious question? When you hear remarks to the effect the "there is no God", " the Bible is just a bunch of stories", "if there is a God why doesn't He do this or that", and when you try to give a serious answer, you are talked down to, ridiculed for your faith and some openly try to goat you into being angry and provoke arguments . . . HOW DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD REACT?? Please give me an honest answer!

Even you remark here about a "Freudian slip" is taking a shot at me, isn't it?

Unfortunately that mispelling of frustration may have been what we call a "Freudian slip".

Of course, you are right! I will no longer respond unless someone wish's to have a serious discussion free from all of this nonesense.

Since my beliefs and dialog is based upon the Word of God, those who believe there is no God or who do not believe that the Bible is the literal Word of God will have closed minds and react negatively.

Perhaps a more apporiate dialog would be why many millions of Believers, including myself, consider the Bible to be the literal, infallible Word of God in the first place. That is an area where I can see people having honest objection, but I think there is ample evidence to reach a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt.

You are again being judgmental. You are deciding who has a valid right to differ with you. You are saying that you can have an intelligent discussion only with the choir, per se.

Again, (maybe) subconsciously, you are putting everyone down who doesn't agree with you. You are assuming that you are speaking for God. Did not Jesus say, "Judge not lest thou shall be judged"?

I have compared you with George W. BuSh (in other posts), because he also only wants to talk with his allies. Talking to his enemies can be more productive. Here at LBT, you had no enemies a few days ago when you first posted. I do not consider myself your enemy, but I do disagree with your method of spreading your message 10 times as much as with the message itself.

Please reread what I wrote again. I am not being judgemental. What I am saying is, if some does not believe the Bible to be true and the Word of God, then they obviously won't believe the things that I an saying which is based on the Bible! If you don't believe in the Bible, thatn how could you not be closed minded toward it. Do you disagree with this??

I don't want to "preach to the choir", I would much rather have serious dialog with those who diagree with me. And I have had some serious discussion with some who disagree with me, but there is a small minority who seem only interested in discord. Do you disagree with that??

You are again being judgmental. You are deciding who has a valid right to differ with you. You are saying that you can have an intelligent discussion only with the choir, per se.

Again, (maybe) subconsciously, you are putting everyone down who doesn't agree with you. You are assuming that you are speaking for God. Did not Jesus say, "Judge not lest thou shall be judged"?

I have compared you with George W. BuSh (in other posts), because he also only wants to talk with his allies. Talking to his enemies can be more productive. Here at LBT, you had no enemies a few days ago when you first posted. I do not consider myself your enemy, but I do disagree with your method of spreading your message 10 times as much as with the message itself.

Ron I would love for you use whatever peaceful means you'd like to communicate with someone who says they don't believe in God, the Bible is just a bunch of stories, and if there is a God why doesn't He do this or that. I do not think you should embarrass God by losing your temper. You should know that trying to force something down someone's throat is not the way to get them to believe your message. You should not be offended in any way by someone who does not believe in God or His message. Why would you be? You know God exists, you have strong faith in your ministry, you know that God has reasons for sparing some children and taking others early or for crippling another. You have nothing to apologize for when talking to non-believers, you have no reason to lose your temper and use exclamation marks, hard words and the rest. You should be ABOVE all that.

Your message will be much more believable, and be inspirational to others if it is delivered continuously in an inoffensive, and in fact, loving manner.

On the other hand if you are looking for a scrap and it makes you feel better to provoke people so that you can use, for your own edification, God's scriptures to make yourself feel superior, then continue on the path you've chosen.

P.S. Spelling frustration, FISTration speaks for itself.

Please believe me when I tell you that I am in no way looking to "make myself feel superior"! I have no desire to be the topic here, and I have no illusions of being someone special. I am just someone who loves the Lord!

You are right about losing my temper! I can take all the heat anyone wants to throw at me personally, but I do lose my cool when people denigrate my God and my faith, especially what what they say seems to be baseless and insulting.

Yes, I should be above replying in like manner, but I am human, have emotions and, wrong as it may be, have allowed some to bait me into reacting that way. Admittedly, I need to be more conscious of this, and deal with it differently. I will not allow myself to be brought down to that level again.

I think the reason that I get so upset, is because I do care so deeply for those who don't know the Lord. The Bible say's the it is "God's will that none should perish", and I guess I feel the same way!

Ron I would love for you use whatever peaceful means you'd like to communicate with someone who says they don't believe in God, the Bible is just a bunch of stories, and if there is a God why doesn't He do this or that. I do not think you should embarrass God by losing your temper. You should know that trying to force something down someone's throat is not the way to get them to believe your message. You should not be offended in any way by someone who does not believe in God or His message. Why would you be? You know God exists, you have strong faith in your ministry, you know that God has reasons for sparing some children and taking others early or for crippling another. You have nothing to apologize for when talking to non-believers, you have no reason to lose your temper and use exclamation marks, hard words and the rest. You should be ABOVE all that.

Your message will be much more believable, and be inspirational to others if it is delivered continuously in an inoffensive, and in fact, loving manner.

On the other hand if you are looking for a scrap and it makes you feel better to provoke people so that you can use, for your own edification, God's scriptures to make yourself feel superior, then continue on the path you've chosen.

P.S. Spelling frustration, FISTration speaks for itself.

Please reread what I wrote again. I am not being judgemental. What I am saying is, if some does not believe the Bible to be true and the Word of God, then they obviously won't believe the things that I an saying which is based on the Bible! If you don't believe in the Bible, thatn how could you not be closed minded toward it. Do you disagree with this??

I don't want to "preach to the choir", I would much rather have serious dialog with those who diagree with me. And I have had some serious discussion with some who disagree with me, but there is a small minority who seem only interested in discord. Do you disagree with that??

It doesn't matter if I agree or not. It is how you handle that opinion that matters.

I do not believe in the Bible as a literal document and I know ministers who know the Bible chapter and verse who also don't. But just as I do not believe that a tortoise raced with a hare, I still understand the lesson of that story.

You can talk to me about the Bible. But don't try to prove to me it is literal. I accept Jesus. That should be good enough for you.