Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

then somehow happened here and was taken down by a flock of prowling atheists. ".

sorry, I know this is a serious subject, but I just had to say Wheetsin, I really got a giggle out of this quote.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled rant....cat

Zoweeee! Im gone for a couple of days and look what has been going on! Its nice to meet you Ron.. I would appreciate prayer for a dear friend who is suffering from colen cancer, 2 years now and he is at 148 lbs. I took a prayer shawl to him with a cd on the scriptures that started in the ot and lead to the nt. I love our Messianic brothers and sisters. I am truly in love with the beautiful symbolism they carry through the centuries, and not just that but the way they preserved the scriptures in detailed accuracy for us. Im so tired, I have had so much going on and I just wanted to lurk tonite but alas, I had to respond to say hi and I read every single post on this thread tonite.

I as a child wondedred why there were seven days in a week. Why is the time split in our world from bc to ad? How can evolution parallel the creation story as far as the chain of events are concerned. You know stuff like that.

Well I will wrap myself in my talit tonight, worship with all my heart and awaken refreshed, thank God Almighty for a new day and take a total stranger to a Dr. appt. (she called the church office for help). We have so much power at our fingertips. God bless you and keep you, my dear brother, and we will talk again sometimes for sure.

Victoriana

Why do I now weep? Im so full of His presence. I understand why you want to share so. So do I.

I don't claim to know what athiests experience, but I do know what agnostics experience because I once was one, and I suspect it is about the same. I do however know what you DON'T experience, and that is walking daily with the Lord and much spiritual blessing.

Of course, people can be moral and still not be Believers. We are all created with a conscience, and a sense of right and wrong. Godly morality is somewhat different in that Christians view lifes experiences and challanges through "God Colored Glasses" if you will. I know there are many athiests that are good people by the world standards.

You mentioned "AIDS is a just punishment from God"! If you knew the scriptures you would understand that all disease, sickness and even death are judgement from God against man because of sin in the world. Christians are subject to the effects of these things just like unbelievers as long as we are in this world.

Standing outside clinics telling people that what ther are doing is killing innocent children . . . I wish more were doing it. Using violence to make that point is not what real Christians do.

You opinion of why our "kids" are fighting in foreign lands is just that, your opinion, to which you are entitled, however there are millions who disagree with your take on that. God bless you!!

I, too, live a fairly moral life...I haven't staple-gunned kittens to any fence posts...I don't blow up doctors when I hear voices (well, I don't actually hear voices, but if I did)...haven't stood outside clinics telling people they'll burn in hell because they disagree with me...haven't sent any kids off to foreign lands to kill or be killed so that my buddies can make a buck...haven't believed or said that AIDS is a just punishment from God...haven't robbed any banks, that kind of thing.

I wonder how you think you know what atheists have experienced, though. Could be we're just as happy as you are and don't need validation through some external locus of control. But, since Christians haven't experienced the true atheistic life, you'll never know.

Oh, and if I were to drop dead tonight, I'd probably regret the time and money I gave to the hucksters in the name of God...but I outgrew that shit early on, so I don't have THAT much to be sorry for.

Victoriana, It is wonderful to meet you too, and I will pray for your friend. Shalom in the name of Sar Sharlom . . . the Prince of Peace

Zoweeee! Im gone for a couple of days and look what has been going on! Its nice to meet you Ron.. I would appreciate prayer for a dear friend who is suffering from colen cancer, 2 years now and he is at 148 lbs. I took a prayer shawl to him with a cd on the scriptures that started in the ot and lead to the nt. I love our Messianic brothers and sisters. I am truly in love with the beautiful symbolism they carry through the centuries, and not just that but the way they preserved the scriptures in detailed accuracy for us. Im so tired, I have had so much going on and I just wanted to lurk tonite but alas, I had to respond to say hi and I read every single post on this thread tonite.

I as a child wondedred why there were seven days in a week. Why is the time split in our world from bc to ad? How can evolution parallel the creation story as far as the chain of events are concerned. You know stuff like that.

Well I will wrap myself in my talit tonight, worship with all my heart and awaken refreshed, thank God Almighty for a new day and take a total stranger to a Dr. appt. (she called the church office for help). We have so much power at our fingertips. God bless you and keep you, my dear brother, and we will talk again sometimes for sure.

Victoriana

Thank you too Gail!! Blessings!~

Before I say goodnight after all of these posts, I too want to say thank you to Ron. As others have said, you weren't on here all by yourself and there are those of us who really appreciate alot of what you have been saying. I don't blame you for not wanting to acknowledge BJean, she is very rude.

I don't claim to know what athiests experience, but I do know what agnostics experience because I once was one, and I suspect it is about the same. I do however know what you DON'T experience, and that is walking daily with the Lord and much spiritual blessing.

Of course, people can be moral and still not be Believers. We are all created with a conscience, and a sense of right and wrong. Godly morality is somewhat different in that Christians view lifes experiences and challanges through "God Colored Glasses" if you will. I know there are many athiests that are good people by the world standards.

You mentioned "AIDS is a just punishment from God"! If you knew the scriptures you would understand that all disease, sickness and even death are judgement from God against man because of sin in the world. Christians are subject to the effects of these things just like unbelievers as long as we are in this world.

Standing outside clinics telling people that what ther are doing is killing innocent children . . . I wish more were doing it. Using violence to make that point is not what real Christians do.

You opinion of why our "kids" are fighting in foreign lands is just that, your opinion, to which you are entitled, however there are millions who disagree with your take on that. God bless you!!

So...YOUR God created man in his image and likeness, considers mankind his children and then punishes them with the likes of AIDS? I wouldn't hang out with ANYONE who treated their kids that way...but you go ahead and take your walks with whomever you please.

ron Has His Own Made Up Ministry

and I S A Fanatic

he Needs To Get A Life

and Not End Up Like Jones Town

As usual, you guy twist what I say and take it out of context! I guess you need to do that when it's the only argument you have.

God created man perfect and sinless . . . in His own image. He also gave man free will. There was no death, sickness, no pain, no misery and the like. Man, by his own volition chose to sin, alienated himself from God, and as the result sickness, disease and pain came into the world.

Thgrouh Jesus, God justified man to Himself for all who accept His free gift of salvation. This makes us fit to be in Gods presence and have eternal life, but as long as we are in this fallen world, we are subject to what the world has to offer . . . disease, pain, sickness and death!!

So...YOUR God created man in his image and likeness, considers mankind his children and then punishes them with the likes of AIDS? I wouldn't hang out with ANYONE who treated their kids that way...but you go ahead and take your walks with whomever you please.

Zel . . .

If you think that I have made up my own religion, then I guess you don't frequent many churches. My beliefs are the same that are preached in Conservative Christian churches all over the world and adhered to by millions of Believers. But I guess you wouldn't know about that!

God created man perfect and sinless . . . in His own image. He also gave man free will. There was no death, sickness, no pain, no misery and the like. Man, by his own volition chose to sin, alienated himself from God, and as the result sickness, disease and pain came into the world.

I have a question about this. If God created us perfect, why did we choose sin? And why did God give us free will when He knew what it would lead to?

God gave us free will because it would not be to His glory for us to obey Him if we had no choice in the manner. He did not create robots! Even the angels have free will!

Man chose sin for the same reason that Satan rebelled against God . . . PRIDE! Satan wanted to be "like the most high" and man bought the lie from Satan that if he disobeyed then "man would know the difference between good and evil" like God.

I have a question about this. If God created us perfect, why did we choose sin? And why did God give us free will when He knew what it would lead to?

Ron: God gave us free will so he could set us up? I've known some people who parent that way. They think it will teach the kids a lesson if they learn it the hard way. It seems very cruel to me.

I don't think that zel said that you made up your own religion. What he said was "ministry".

So, Ron...what makes YOUR conservative religious beliefs any different than the conservative religious beliefs of, say, the Taliban?

And before you answer, you might want to consider the words of Stephen F. Roberts, who said:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

So, Ron...what makes YOUR conservative religious beliefs any different than the conservative religious beliefs of, say, the Taliban?

And before you answer, you might want to consider the words of Stephen F. Roberts, who said:

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

That is a most interesting quote which you have posted, Geezer Sue. Thank you.