Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May seem like a silly question?

We take alot of trips to WDW (disney world) with my family. Does the LB affect you if you ride fast rides, or rides that go up and down fast?

I have not benn banded yet and do not know the answer, but it is something that has crossed my mind. I have 2 toddlers who are always climbing on me...they love my jelly belly,lol!!! Can that hurt the placement of the port?? or if there was an accident and you banged your stomach???

Hang in there 2boys---there are some serious Disney Addicts on this forum---they can answer your question!!!

I know a couple of friends from here, that go with regularity, and are both getting close to goal, and have had no adverse reactions from going.

As for your port pier, I would discourage direct bouncing on it, let it be sure it is healed good and strong in there. But also as you lose weight, and it is closer to the surface, your kiddos will be growing up, and less likely to be bouncing on you----sad as it is!

As for your direct question about rides--if you don't get much response--try reposting it with "rides" or "disneyland" in the title. A lot of people will see silly question and think someone is wondering about PB's again!!!! And while they need to know, some bypass those questions!

Have fun in Disney, and enjoy those little ones while they are little!!! They grow fast!

Kat

I went to an amusement park about 2 months after banding and had no problems whatsoever. What I did notice...I fit in the rides better and I could walk around the park without getting exhausted!

The only thing that effected me....I FIT in the seat with SOMEONE ELSE...it's such an NSV not to be afraid you will have to get off because a seatbelt doesn't fit...go, ride, scream, laugh...think how much more stamina you will have...!!!!!....ROLLER COASTERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was kinda the biggest question I had for my Doc. when I saw him the first time. I asked him about Snowmobiling and if I would have any problems. He said that it would not afect me at all and he even has a guy that Kickboxes!!!

Funny thing is, he snowmobiles and we talked a little about that which made me really liek him haha!!

Chris

I also go to WDW several times a year, I went 9 weeks after being banded and had a blast. I ride everything, no problems. I eat smaller portions and most places will let you order kids portions of adult meals. The buffets will let you pay kids prices and you can share meals without penalty there. I LOVE Disney. I am actually planning my 4 trip since being banded and can't wait to get back. I also did some kickboxing in the first year after surgery, I have a foot problem so I had to give it up for now. The band only changes your life for the better, it will not hinder your motion, activity level or range of motion. ~Mandy

WOW Thanks you all!!! I feel much better knowing that I can still do the rides the same!!!!

And a AGREE that it will be nice when I don't have to worry about it the belt will fit around me!!!!

Thanks again!!!!:clap2:

I was WAITING for Mandy to chime in. :rose:

Ok, so I guess I am the resident Disney nut. (wheetsin and Kat817 were both waiting for me to say something.) I'm totally ok with that. Disney has always been "pooh sized" friendly as far as ride seats, seat belts and harnesses are concerned. They are to be PC about it "size aware". But I am able to go on the rides at six flags without a problem now too. ~Mandy