Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

me and the guy I've been talking to for a year so we decided today that we needed a break from each other now I've been stressed out since yesterday about the whole thing and all day I wanted to do is eat... junk food non stop so what are some things to do when you're stressed out... I did not want to eat my feelings.... or drink cause I sure did have a big glass of wine yesterday...

Join a new fitness class to meet people! Or think about how good you'll look if you don't eat the junk. ..lol

I know and I really haven't been eating junk food because it does hurt my stomach... I go to the Y most of the time but I haven't been in about 3weeks and I just got over a kidney infection.. I told my friend today that I was going to start getting on track with my whole weight loss thing... then he wish he never wanted a break.. I have lost a lot of weight since me and him have been together because of my surgery and he does not want to get too small.. I am starting to get my confidence back since I have lost a lot of weight just kinda hurt me I guess the whole thingw

Keea, u put ur finger on it - u r hurting and want the pain to go away quickly. But, as u know, food isn't the answer. It can feel like an anaesthetic but using it like that is what gets some of us to being overweight....

Distractions, like doing something, are good. But sometimes we just have to bear the pain and focus on where we r going. It's part of learning to keep food in its place - it's fuel for our bodies, not medicine for our minds.

It's hard when we take away the easy fix - I was a comforter eater too - but u have achieved so much with ur weight loss. May have been with the help of ur friend but it was actually u doing it. If u keep posting here u will get lots of support while u work through this. Good luck!

Keea' date=' u put ur finger on it - u r hurting and want the pain to go away quickly. But, as u know, food isn't the answer. It can feel like an anaesthetic but using it like that is what gets some of us to being overweight....

Distractions, like doing something, are good. But sometimes we just have to bear the pain and focus on where we r going. It's part of learning to keep food in its place - it's fuel for our bodies, not medicine for our minds.

It's hard when we take away the easy fix - I was a comforter eater too - but u have achieved so much with ur weight loss. May have been with the help of ur friend but it was actually u doing it. If u keep posting here u will get lots of support while u work through this. Good luck![/quote']

thank you so much for your support... I am a very emotional eater.. so now that I'm going through some things I've been trying to do other things... so I won't think about any food.. today was just hard... I love that I found this app... I have truly missed a lot of nice people.. and I love it..

Keea, Im sorry to hear about your "break" with your guy, I really am! But....its his loss girl. You deserve better. If he's basing his feelings on how you look and losing too much weight, he's not the guy for you. Don't waste your tears or time on him... You have struggled this far and gone through major surgery for yourself...to give yourself a better healthier life. If he can't accept the new healthier, happier you...it's his loss!!!! Eating is a crutch and we will hobble along on the crutch as long as we let ourselves. Redirect your thoughts and your energy into something that makes you feel good or happy. A mani/pedi always works for me...treating myself to something thats just for me is my reward. When I start feeling the blues hit...I go out and wash my car or pull weeds in my flower bed or take a walk or exercise. Yesterday it was raining so I cleaned out my closet and found joy in the clothes I could get rid of and later I pulled out a jigsaw puzzle to keep my mind from thinking about food. It helped. I also search youtube and watch gastric sleeve videos...they are always encouraging too. Be Good to yourself YOU DESERVE IT!

Keea, this is the HARD part. We eat for SO many reasons that have nothing to do with hunger and stomachs and nutrition. I have no real wisdom, I am a true stress eater in a stress-filled world. I DO drink a LOT of Water on the theory that if my stomach is full (even for just a little while) there is no room for jumk. Good luck, friend!

Thank yall... I will find things to keep my mind off things so i want eat everything... Yall right his loss!!! I need to start hard by working out