Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Veterans, How Did You Succeed? Also, Advice Needed Please!

I am really looking for some insight & encouragement from people who have succeeded, or are further along than myself, or are finding themselves in a similar situation. I am 9 months out. I've lost 111 lbs. I have gone from a size 34 to a size 22. That is all well & good, but I have found myself in some sort of slump. I think that it happened sometime after the 6 month mark. I was determined to lose 100 lbs. in my first 6 months & I did that. I lost 101. Three months later I am down just 10 more pounds. My weight has never gone up, but I have had many weeks of no loss at all. I've had my missteps along the way...junk food a few times, dehydrated to the point of hospitalization once. I have just found that I am not as vigilant as I use to be. I never feel hungry anymore so when I'm busy or stressed food becomes a hassle & it's much easier to skip eating altogether than choosing a healthy or unhealthy option. I still have over 100 lbs. more to lose & I don't want to get stuck in this place that I am. Even when I try to eat well, as a vegetarian, I find myself really missing the mark on Protein. I have a lot on my plate (proverbial not literal) right now. My boyfriend & I are closing on our first home on Thursday. I am going back to work full-time starting Monday after not working at all for 4 years. Then we're moving next Saturday. It's a lot & I'm overwhelmed. I'm just so much better at taking care of others than taking care of myself. Has anyone been in a similar place? Or maybe someone just has some good advice? I never thought that I would be that person who forgets to eat or can't be bothered. That's what has happened, though, and I'm not quite sure how to get restarted. Tomorrow I need to have a tooth pulled. What a joy on the day before our house closing. I'm assuming getting a tooth pulled will limit what I am able to eat. So, maybe a Liquid Protein reset? Just hoping I'm not alone out here.

9 months out. lost 111 lbs. - some sort of slump. lot on my plate

deedee

first off - woo hoo on your weight loss

i'm sure you see a gigantic change with your clothes size (34 to 22!!!!) wow

trying to speak "gently", i can only imagine how hard it must be to have to lose alot of weight

you've done amazing - but you still have to lose more

since you have unfortunately stalled (which you know we all do) it must be very mentally upsetting since you do have more to lose

do to the fact you have stalled - you are probably feeling bad/upset and are eating that little extra junk that you know you shouldn't

some, many have been there - upset, not losing enough - so we eat???

knock it off!!!!! :lol:

i know you can turn things around :)

you've proven how terrific you are, knowing how to follow the rules et al

it can get discouraging losing lots of weight, knowing you have more to lose - but you will be successful!!!

i can see the determination you have in your pretty face :)

yes you have a lot on that plate of yours

it must be overwhelming!!!!

having a tooth pulled, closing on your house, moving, and going back to work after 4 years :o

OMG - i don't know how many people could do that without feeling overwhelmed :angry:

but you will pass this hurdle

things will slowly get better - you will have closed on your beautiful new house

you will successfully have moved, you will enjoy working again

and that darn tooth will be gone ;)

look at all those accomplishments you will have done!!!

glad you are "not hungry" - that must help

but your hands get "lonely" and they want you to exercise

telling you to lift hand, insert food :angry:

STOP, STOP, STOP :angry:

you can/will win this battle

glad you haven't gained weight, sounds like you have gained insight :)

i don't know what/how a vegetarian eats- can't help you on that situation

if you want to go back to basics to give yourself a jump start on losing some weight - go for it!!!

push, push, push everything you can/will do great

i know you will get back into the proper old habits you have learned

drink, drink, drink, and then drink some more

glad that you come to the board for support - we're all out here for ya

i see you are soooooo close to twoderland!!!!

come on, come on - you are almost there - you can make it, i know you can!!!!

good luck bud

kathy