Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 8/20

What can I eat?I did cheat a few days ago with about 2-3tsp of baked mac n cheese. I posted on here and got ripped a new one but that's exactly what I needed! I got back on the wagon but I'm wondering what I can eat.

Can I have oatmeal? Ice cream? Ramen noodles? I'm mentally hungry more than anything but I don't want to stretch my sleeve. Hard time getting liquids down just because I don't have a desire to drink...

Any advice welcomed!

Did you get any information from your surgeon? Follow that. If you don't have anything from him, then look in the post op diet for suggestions on a plan to follow.

You should be following your doctors plan. Did you meet with a nutritionist? Ice cream is not allowed. I had surgery one day ahead of you amd i can have creamed Soups as long as they are strained, sf Jello oatmeal, sf popscicles, Protein Shakes, drinkable yogurt. Call your doctor if your not clear on what is acceptable. The last thing you want is to tear ur sleeve.

I think the real question is not whether you can eat those things without physically hurting yourself but why you are trying to get permission to eat them in the first place. All those things are, for sleeved people, nutritional crap. You should be taking this time with your new sleeve to learn to eat healthy, nutritious food in small quantities. Put those things out of your mind and start thinking of healthy, pro-sleeve things you can eat according to the stage you are on. That might be Greek yogurt, it might be cottage cheese, it might be tuna salad -- I don't know your doctor's plan so I don't know. But ramen noodles, oatmeal, and ice cream should be things you maybe consider as a treat MUCH later down the road.

Sleeved 8/20

I'm wondering what I can eat.

Can I have oatmeal? Ice cream? Ramen noodles? I'm mentally hungry more than anything but I don't want to stretch my sleeve. Hard time getting liquids down just because I don't have a desire to drink...

Any advice welcomed!

My big concern here first is your resistance to drink. Are you getting in a minimum of 64oz of fluids, other than Protein shakes? Are you taking in Protein Shakes? How many grams of Protein are you getting a day? Every surgeon is different, oatmeal is on my approved list, but I don't think it is something I would turn to regularly. Ice cream and ramen sound like an absolutely horrid idea, with absolutely no nutritional value. I would recommend finding a good site (http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/?m=1) check out the nutrition/recipe forum on here and find things that you like. Prepare hard boiled eggs by the dozen, make mini crust less quiche bites on the egg face blog, freeze and heat. Stock your fridge with low fat yogurts, low fat cottage cheese, low fat cheese.

Start with protein, move to veggies. Chew thoroughly, make wise choices, measure your serving out and use your 30min to eat. If you are satisfied you won't crave the crap. If you are "hungry" and it won't be satisfied by a nutrient dense high protein item.... Than its not hunger it's a craving and that is what got us to where we are today.

Good Luck!