Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight? Hardly eating?

Surgey was on Aug 14th and I have lost only 14 lbs. I lost 7 preop. I have not lost any weight for over a week??? Is this normal? Im hardly eating anything but getting my Protein in. Help.

It is totally normal. Your body is adjusting, give it more time. Even though you're not losing pounds, you are probably losing inches AND gaining muscle from the Protein. Just do as your doctor says, and the scale will move when it is supposed to. Don't focus on the scale so much until after 4-6 weeks out.

I lost 20 pre-op and have lost 12 post (surgery was on August 7th). I have only lost 1lb in the past week and a half, but my body has shrunk quite a bit! I 'look' smaller everyday! :)

I'm a month ahead of you (July 16th) and have only lost 17. I knew I'd lose slower (started at 174 - band to sleeve revision) but this is ridiculous. While I'm on track for Weight Watchers (about 2 1/2 lbs a week), I'm nowhere near wls losses.

I'm going to start going back to the gym tomorrow to see if I can jumpstart my loss again that way. it'd be really hard to eat less. I'm amazed that somebody can live off such little food everyday!

I only have 26 lbs to goal and I've heard the last 20 lbs were the hardest. I keep bouncing between 157-156-157 for the last 2 weeks. Wish it would go down just 1 lb and I'd feel a little better! I have lost 2 sizes since surgery so thats something I guess. can't wait to haul out all the winter clothes that fit me the winter of 2012 (gained 30 lbs after lapband slipped) but not last year. Already fitting into some jeans that previously fit but haven't fit in about 18 mths.

Good luck. Slow and steady wins the race (or I've heard, anyway!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches