Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So frustrated

I got my band on October 20, 2006. I am down about 20 lbs. at this point, but have been stuck here for a while. I am concerned because I feel like I'm eating way too much. I was under the impression that I was to eat about 1/4 cup of food at each meal. I am eating like 4 cups at each meal, sometimes more. I have only gotten 1 fill, and I didn't notice much change. When I spoke to my surgeon's assistant, she said I was struggling because I wasn't exercising. I was very frustrated with that answer. Anyway, is it normal that I am eating that much? And, has anyone had success with the band without exercising 45 min. daily??? I know exercise is part of it, but sometimes life just gets in the way. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. People keep asking me if I regret my decision and I'm starting to. I don't want to go there. AHHHHH...help me! :help:

Ginny, you need another fill. Yes, exercise helps you burn calories, but it doesn't really do a whole lot to curb your appetite. That's what the band is supposed to do. Call your surgeon back and schedule a fill.

I don't exercise 45 min/day, but I do exercise at least 3x/week, and sometimes 5-6. But I've found something that I LOVE to do, so it's not a matter of "finding" time. It's a priority in my life because I enjoy and it keeps me sane and healthy. If you find an activity you enjoy, you'll find it's much easier to exercise.

Cindy

:) sorry dont want to be rude in any matter but .. the band its just a tool and you need to work with it . Yes I have more than A cup at times and I did stop for 2 weeks but at the same time I asked my self oviously I Have not lost this much and kept it off . I am short term her since I just started . My best advice is another fill or be carefull with mind hunger that can always kill you and keep aware that you want to acomplish your goal .. we all get stuck today is you tomarrow me but you will get thru with it . :D:clap2:

I got my band on October 20, 2006. I am down about 20 lbs. at this point, but have been stuck here for a while. I am concerned because I feel like I'm eating way too much. I was under the impression that I was to eat about 1/4 cup of food at each meal. I am eating like 4 cups at each meal, sometimes more. I have only gotten 1 fill, and I didn't notice much change. When I spoke to my surgeon's assistant, she said I was struggling because I wasn't exercising. I was very frustrated with that answer. Anyway, is it normal that I am eating that much? And, has anyone had success with the band without exercising 45 min. daily??? I know exercise is part of it, but sometimes life just gets in the way. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. People keep asking me if I regret my decision and I'm starting to. I don't want to go there. AHHHHH...help me! :help:

I would follow-up on more fills for a long-term solution. I took 5 fills to get to the spot I am now, where I think I'm good for a while. The first 2 made no difference at all. I think most of us needed more then one fill.

I think you are eating too much at a meal. I don't think you should be physically able to, but now is also a good time to work on eating the least amount you can, not the most.

Sounds like you need a good fill. 4 cups is 4x the amount you should eat. Sometimes you can eat up to a cup. It may take you more than 1 fill to reach optimal fill level. I would do in for a fill and see. Good luck. The weight will continue to drop once you feel restriction. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep the faith.

Time for a fill!

And another fill doesn't necessarily mean restriction. This is where we have to step in and keep things in moderation until we reach restriction. The band will not do anything until you have restriction. If the downtime is frustrating you, then kick up your accountability, tell yourself that because you can eat 4 cups of food doesn't mean you should, and stick to your guns. It's a heck of a lot more temporary this time than before, so "just do it". :)

I'm in the same boat... my weight loss has stalled for the past two weeks and this is when I've finally kicked up my exercise and have started the gym! I had my 3rd fill to 8 cc's last week and was on liquids and mushies and I *still* didn't lose much.

I made an appointment for another fill after I get back from Vegas this weekend. I definitely felt my fill and was even scared I would be too tight when I first got it. But, it loosened up as it had the other 2 times as well. All the saline has been in the band but I guess I just adjust to it? Maybe 9 cc's will be my sweet spot?

I think I'm going to start a journal this week and keep track of every bite to see where it's coming from. I'm truly baffled! Any other suggestions?

Ginny -

I too got my band in October - 27th to be exact. I have only lost 25 pounds to date - I have been stuck on that for some time now. I went for my first fill January 12th. I also felt no restriction and don't know that I fill one now. I feel like I could eat and eat without any problems. I too am not exercising. I am going to start today. Hopefully this will help - I know it can't hurt. I have just have never been one for exercise - ever! I get out of breath just looking at my treadmill. I know as every has been saying that the band is only a tool. I think I was hoping it to be a miracle - but not so. It seems like me and you are on the same boat. Good Luck! Don't give up and I will not either - at least we have lost 20+ pounds - pounds that I wouldn't have any other way - well would have, but would have already gained it back and then some. Hang in there!

Thank you all for your advice. I actually saw my surgeon today and I got a fill. He expects me to do better with this fill. I was under the impression that after 1 fill, I would feel restriction. Obviously I was wrong. I feel more comfortable knowing that it may take a while, and that something is not wrong with my band. Usually I don't let myself eat the 4 cups of food, but sometimes, my emotions get the best of me, and next thing I know, it's done. That's something I have to work on. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes after this fill. I'm excited to see if I notice a difference. Thanks again for your help. Have a great week!