Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Beausoleil (Moncton N.B.)

Hello Everyone, I am having my band on December 2nd.... I am now on optifast!!!!! yum yum ahahahaha ,, anyway I am not hungry or have food cravings.. plus it tastes good to me , imagine but it really does ,, I am into my 6th day and doing great , I am actually proud of myself . Talk soon, and take care ...your banding friend. EJ.

OMG Congradulations!!! How long was it from your first visit to Dr B. to surgery date? I saw him on Nov. 20 and am now waiting for the all day info session. I am so glad for you and I know that you will do great. You must be so happy! BTW where did you buy your Optifast and how much was it? Hope you don't mind me asking.:)

Hello to all my first visit to Dr. B was aug 25 this year and then things went very quickly for me ahahaha yah for me we must follow all rules given by his wonderful nurses and their team ! I super did because I am very ready to have a healthy life style . I was their today for my last visit and things are all set for Tues dec 2nd. I purchased the Optifast from a number Rinette gave me , she will give you all dietary advice . It cost 220 for a 2 week supply!!! and i like the taste !!! talk soon friend I hope yours will move fast too!

I must mention the Optifast is only consumed 2 weeks before lap band surgery , it shrinks the liver and really cleans ones bowel !!! ahahaha If you know what I mean .... already I haven't felt better in 10 years ; there is like a new outlook on life . EJ.

I am so happy for you. That seems to be a lot of money. Is there anything else you can take if you cannot afford the Optifast? Be sure to post on here as soon as you are able after surgery. Please.

Yes I believe there is another drink , but not sure what, the nurses will explain everythink to you at your pre admission clinic , and yes I will post for sure !! ahahaha talk soon EJ.

Will you be able to eat at Christmas time?

Is preadmission the 8 hour info thing or is there another meeting after that?

I will be eating puree yum yum ahahaa ,, there is another clinic after that which you will have blood work EKG and visit Rinette she is the dietican ,also a chest X ray will be done that day !!! lots of fun .... but worth the health benefits for now and in the future.. EJ.

Yeah, I live in Saint John. Thank you so much for all of the info. I was to see Dr.B. on thursday and after I left there was so much I should have asked the nurse. It was so busy and hurried.

So you only had the initial visit, the info session, the bloodwork xray day and then was given a surgery date?

Hello Inuit, it went like this , Aug was 1st visitto see Br B. 2nd app was Sept for an all day info session with other folks possibly having lap band we were all together for the day which was nice as I met very kind people like me ahahahah then after that day i had 2 apps in this month November 1st one was the preadmission clinic, then 2 weeks later that was the app today I had a visit with the lovely nurse , they sure are a blessing ahahaha as my daughter is a maternity nurse in Fredericton ahahaha anyway enough of that going off track ,,, today the nurse went over bloodwork and other stuff all was well and I was down another 5 pounds ,, also i forgot I had one app in october just to sign the papers with Dr B. that was all so now I have my banding next tuesday I think if you follow all rules and are a canidate things seem to move fairly fast .... at least they did for me as I am sure they will for you ... I am cheering you along and good luck. EJ

I can hardly wait for you to have your surgery so you can tell me what it was like for you. I was a nurse for many years. I even worked on surgical floors but this is something completly new. Don't forget to post after you are all done. Well as soon as you feel able.:)

OMG Dr. B's office just called me and booked me for the all day info session on Dec.2. I am sooo excited. one step closer. That's the same day that you, Ellenjacq, will be having your surgery. Oh my. While I am sitting there at the info session, I will be thinking of you. Good luck. I will wish you a speedy recovery if you will wish me speed in getting my band.:)

Wow wow ,, good stuff !!! see it really goes quickly I am so happy for you ,,,, I know exzactly how you are feeling yah for you and me and others too ahahahahha good luck I wish you a speedy getting your band friend ,,, I am not at all looking for food while i am on this Optifast i really can't believe it ,, anyway talk soooooon. EJ .