Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Hey butter! How's Barney (my new nickname for your toe) doing today??

LV.... Barney did not like sleeping under the covers this morning. And he REALLY didn't like walking around in steel toe boots at work last night. And he f**king hated it when my dog stepped on him this morning when I got home.... In her attempt to greet me with her usual enthusiasm.

I'd take off work but these next 3 nights are my last workdays till after I recover from surgery.... It wouldn't look good if I took them off.

LV.... Barney did not like sleeping under the covers this morning. And he REALLY didn't like walking around in steel toe boots at work last night. And he f**king hated it when my dog stepped on him this morning when I got home.... In her attempt to greet me with her usual enthusiasm.

I'd take off work but these next 3 nights are my last workdays till after I recover from surgery.... It wouldn't look good if I took them off.

Did the buddy tape him or just let him hang?

I've had a broken toe before, (never kick a door when angry :P) and I reminder the pain well :(

No tape yet. There's still too much swelling and throbbing... Don't get excited.

Lol! I won't.... But I bet your wife did!! :P

Hey Fiddle are you going to start another 100 mile goal after this one? I'm feeling pretty good. All my Protein is in every day and my Water intake gets higher everyday.I'm 3 weeks 1 day post opp... what do you think, is it to soon? How long did you wait?

Hey Fiddle are you going to start another 100 mile goal after this one? I'm feeling pretty good. All my Protein is in every day and my Water intake gets higher everyday.I'm 3 weeks 1 day post opp... what do you think' date=' is it to soon? How long did you wait?[/quote']

Yes, I do believe there is time to do another 100 by EOM (end of month). How long did I wait until running? Over 5 months, but that is just because I did not have my fitness butt in gear before then. It was in park. I think if one waits at least 6 weeks post op they can start c25k or something in the same vein. No running today, a rest day. This last week was quite a push.

Had a good day today and walked 8.5 miles! My total is 89.5.

Sent from my iPad using VST

By the way, I am still smarting from 5 dime sized popped blisters on my hands from Thursday (same day as your broken toe BTB?). I am unable to do pull-ups with these, but still managed sprint rowing and cleans / jerks on Friday with lifting gloves. Apparently this happens to everyone.

I have been lathering on Neosporin several times during the day and even did the tea bag and Vitamin e oil application trick. Any idea on how long these will take to heal and callous over? They are mighty big craters in both my hands. First time I have ripped my hands like this.

Yes' date=' I do believe there is time to do another 100 by EOM (end of month). How long did I wait until running? Over 5 months, but that is just because I did not have my fitness butt in gear before then. It was in park. I think if one waits at least 6 weeks post op they can start c25k or something in the same vein. No running today, a rest day. This last week was quite a push.

[/quote']

Aww, come on! Y'all trying to make us look COMPLETELY bad?! :)

Had a good day today and walked 8.5 miles! My total is 89.5.

Sent from my iPad using VST

So you walk outside , treadmill, what? To walk 8.5 miles is like 2 hrs. You have got it covered!!!

Good job everyone. I'm giving my aching toe a break for a couple of days...but I'll be back at it soon enough. I've got one last race next Saturday and I'm not going to miss it. I need at least 2 or 3 good training runs before then so hopefully by monday I can run a little. Keep at it folks. Everyone is making real progress.

2.79 miles today which puts me at 45 miles. So, I have to do a minimum of 5 miles walking or riding in order to break my goal of 50 miles. Great job everyone!

By the way' date=' I am still smarting from 5 dime sized popped blisters on my hands from Thursday (same day as your broken toe BTB?). I am unable to do pull-ups with these, but still managed sprint rowing and cleans / jerks on Friday with lifting gloves. Apparently this happens to everyone.

I have been lathering on Neosporin several times during the day and even did the tea bag and Vitamin e oil application trick. Any idea on how long these will take to heal and callous over? They are mighty big craters in both my hands. First time I have ripped my hands like this.[/quote']

Here fiddleman,

I hope this can help your heeling process!

http://m.activebeat.co/your-health/10-ways-to-make-a-blister-heal-faster/?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_keyword=blisters