Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I know its been said before and I know its supposed to get better. But all I can think right now is what the hell did I do to myself. The pain makes me want to cry. If I don't keep up with the nausea meds I can't get in any fluids and none sounds good or even taste good enough to take more than one or two sips. The pain meds are giving me a headache and I cant stomach the taste of it either.

Really wish I can fast forward to a time when I'm not regreting this decision.

Just try to keep walking when you drink, it helps with the nausea and reflux. Lots of people suggested listening strips, and they did help with the taste of the Water for me. I'm 2 months post surgery and feeling pretty much back to normal now but i remember thinking how am I ever going to eat or drink again, but you adjust slowly so it will get better soon. Look after yourself.

Just try to hang in there it gets better.

Oh sweetpea! I get it! I am now 7 days post-op and I felt like you at Day 3. I really turned a corner yesterday. Just hang in there. sleep as much as you possibly can. When you can't sleep, do something mindless and let your body rest. Others recommend exercise/walking which helps with some of that gas. For me, I was too tired. But it did get better each day. Again, just hang in there!

Thanks Guys. I've rested some and walked some. I drank what I could. I still have pain at the main insition site. And gas pain in my left shoulder. I still don't have a taste for any fluids. Still can't say I'm better but I'm coping I guess. Thanks for the encouragement.

And what is with this feeling of bricks sitting on my chest.

Well I'm feeling worlds better today. The bricks don't seem quite so heavy on my chest. The pain in my shoulder seems to be better. I'm still having pain at the incision site but with the meds its getting easier to handle. Took my first sip of a Protein Shake. Its not tasting great but I think I can tolorate some.

Here's to an easier day today.

I had the op on Tuesday (27th Aug). I also feel as if someone is using my chest as a brick storage pallet - and I have left sided abdo pain too, but no pain on the right at all, even on the incision sites. Wierd, right?

I was sleeved on Wed Aug 28th and am kicking myself in the ass for making this decision. I feel like crap and can't tolerate drinking anything either. I'm just hoping it gets better with time.

Today has been better. Only had to take the nausea med around 2am and not since. The pain med is another story though. I'm a wimp and can't tolorate much pain. I've been sipping on fluids all day. Water, Protein Shake, flavored water, even tried some Soup for lunch. The bricks are lighter but they do not like it if I take too big of a sip that's for sure. I haven't gotten even close to the amount of Fluid I need but I still feel water logged. Maybe its just the adjustments in the stomach making me feel that way. I hope we all feel better tomorrow.