Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Hi Angel, I do so hope everything goes smoothly for you with the removal of the band, and the delivery of your baby. It is fantastic that another band doc was willing to help you. I read on this site all the time about doctors refusing to take on other doctor's patients. This especially happens in the United States of litigation!

Bronnie, how are you? Try not to stress to much. Swallowing problems in MS only really happen to patients with long standing disease namely primary progressive MS.These patients have a very high lesion load in the brain especially. It is unlikely to occur in patients such as ourselves that have RRMS. Yay I say!

I ate my first sushi handroll today!:biggrin1: I chewed it really carefully, and it took me 30 mins to eat, but I feel my life is worth living now.:(

I am not really eating much meat. I am not a vegetarian, I just have never really eaten a lot of meat. I like minced beef and chicken sometimes. I like tofu and fish, and chickpeas and Beans, more than meat.

Susannah

Hey Susannah... just noted the updated ticker :clap2: :clap2: well done. 8kg down already is great. Does that include the weight loss on Optifast? ?

Well... i went to a 30th birthday/BBQ last night and i hated every single minute of it... All my favorite foods and all i could do was watch and the Desserts were amazing. It was so hard sitting sipping on my Water and i felt absolutely miserable not to mention out of place. I shouldnt have gone................ but it did prove i am determined and strong.

Hi Bronnie, Actually I just weighed myself and I am 115 kgs. So I am now down 9 kgs since surgery six weeks ago. I lost 6 kgs on Optifast pre surgery, so that makes total weight loss 15 kgs since I started all together.

I can't believe I let myself get so overweight.:) I am ashamed about that now.

As for the barbeque, don't worry. Last weekend my Israeli friends had a barbeque. I ate a small piece of chicken, just chewed really well and eaten slowly. I also had a small amount of hummous dip and some salad, once again chewed well and eaten slowly. You can still eat these things, but just less of them and taken slowly and with care.:biggrin1:

The health benefits from having the band are really worth it.

As for deserts you could have a yoghurt or a small stone fruit like a yummy white nectarine instead.:hungry:

Once you are on solids life will be a bit easier.

I wonder how Meredith is going on her pre wedding shopping marathon in Melbourne?:biggrin1:

Susannah

Hey Dionne, I finally did my own dicker!:biggrin1: I found it much easier with tickercentral.com than the tickerfactory site.

How are you cookie? Any news regarding you hub's job move? I reckon a move to Perth would be brilliant. It is the biggest growing city in Australia at the moment. Susannah

Hey Bronnie, I reckon going on Optifast, and the liquid diet post op is much easier in warmer weather than winter when you are craving heavier, more substantial food. Look at it that way.

As I said before you will be able to have small amounts of bbq food once you are on solids, which will roll around soon.:)

Susannah

Hi everyone. I thought i would introduce myself. I'm Belinda, 28 years old, have a beautiful daughter :) and a wonderful hubby. Weight at present is around 165kg. :embarassed:

I have been reading your posts regarding lapband and I have an apponitment with Dr. Nottle on May 14th . I would rewally like to hear your stories...the good and the bad and any q's that I should ask at my appointment. Thanks.:)

Hi Belinda, Welcome to our little group here! There are some Doc Nottle patients here also. I was banded at The Avenue Hospital. This is a great place for online friendship and support. Susannah

post-206631-1381313503728_thumb.jpg

Here I am way before banding. My post op pic is too big to download, and I can't work out how to crop it. Susannah

post-203934-13813134723429_thumb.jpg

What better way to spend April Fool's Day than meeting fellow bandits!!

A get together has been organized for Sunday 1st April 2pm at the Settlement Hotel cnr South Gippsland Highway and Camms Rd Cranbourne. The 2pm timeslot makes it easier for those on liquids/mushies/or short of $$ as there is no obligation to have a meal. The location is in the cafe at the front of the hotel, in the area up a step or 2 (no smoking area). snack food can be purchased all day and good variety of drinks for those wanting to have a late lunch.

Hope to get to meet lots of fellow bandits, the location chosen will hopefully mean those down the peninsula and gippsland areas could join in as well as the eastern suburbs and of course anyone else happy to travel. see you there!!!

Hi Tara, Boo hoo I can't go.:) April 1st is the first night of pesach, which is the Jewish festival of passover. Not that I am very religious, but my aunt has already told me that I am going to her house for a seder that night.

There will be other days though I am sure.

Thanks for the invite.

Susannah

Hello Everyone...

:help: mmmmmmmm... constipation.... well i dont feel uncomfortable as i havernt eaten for over a week but i also havernt done number 2 for that long.... what do you all recommend?

Hi Bronnie,

I had the same problem and I was told to really chew a couple of prunes each day, this was straight after op and it did the trick. Good Luck.

Hi guys! I'm back from Melbourne. I had a fantastic time. We did and saw so much. My friends mum was asking lots of questions about my band and is thinking about looking into one herself when she gets back from the UK in September.

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

Susannah, what a pretty picture! Its great to put a face to all the words and support finally!

Welcome Belinda! I'm fairly sure if you read this thread from the beginning (if you have the patience!) you will get a fairly good idea of the experiences we have all had and the kinds of questions that you should ask Dr Nottle when you see him. If you have an specific questions, fire away!!