Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

He didnt mention it....and the receptionist says that he doesnt usually put people on it unless they weigh a certain amount or have a certain BMI. I will go on Optifast for the week prior to prepare myself for liquids

Congratulations Bron, I am dead jealous about your Optifast free start, but I can't complain I only have 1 day to go.

Tonight I went to a group lapband support meeting at Knox Private, it was wonderful to be able to talk to people (face to face) who were at all stages of their weight loss journey and there were some truely inspirational stories.

Sussanah, you certainly have a very generous family who love you to pieces. Glad to hear you're progressing well.

Katrina

Hi all

Bronnie, thats great. The dietician is so nice and very helpful..are you seeing the one at Dr Nottle's willi rooms? I forgot to ask . The physician will be a breeze too.. the 9th will be here before you know it :clap2: Good to know too he actually gets you to come in before the big day just to answer last minute questions.

At least i am gonna have all you girls for my questions seeing i will be the last one to get of this damn waiting bench lol

susannah i think i am about 158cm and he said he would be happy to get me to 70kgs cos i am that "little bit older" :rolleyes lol. sweet isnt he :)

hi to everyone else and take care..

This is the best ideal weight calculator I think.... it gives you lots of options and stats and most importantly tells you to feel good about yoruself no matter what you weigh - feeling good about yourself helps the weight loss.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Most weight loss surgery patients don't get to a BMI of 25 or under so don't fret that - under 30 is still much healthier than over 30.

Now those biggest loser Australia season #2 contestants scare me - imagine all the muscle in addition to fat they are burning to lose that much weight (those "i don't care if it's muscle, fat, liquid, blood, pee, poop, organs" just as long as i've lost weight) type people scare the heck out of me. It's just not healthy for that 108kg girl to have lost 7kg in one week - that wasn't 7kg of fat. People step in on shows like big brother, the biggest loser is promoting serious life-threatening and unrealisitc weight loss. Being dissapointed at losing 4kg in one week, my gawd, do these people know what a kilo of fat physically looks like? 1kg a week is fabulous, complaining about 'only' 4kg's a week is scarey and promoting the wrong ideas to people setting up 'im a failure if i dont lose fast liek them' attitudes.

Be extatic with a kilo a week!!

Morning all........ Yes im seeing the dietician at Dr Nottles in the afternoon and the Physician in spotswood in the morning. Busy and expensive day for me. Was reading through all the paperwork that Dr Nottle gave me last night. I then paused and looked at the consent form....... it all signed by Dr Nottle and myself so i guess that means..... im getting banded :clap2: . It hasnt sunk in yet!!!

Morning girls and Mark,

Cam thanks for the link to the healthy weight table. According to the medical weight range advice I should be from 52-69 kilos. So 70 or 75 kilos would be fine I think. I will set the goal at 75 kilos for now and then look at it again down the track.

I agree with you 100% regarding the dangerous amount of weight loss they promote on the biggest loser. I am setting myself the goal of taking two years to lose my weight. That is the safe and healthy way.

Trin glad you are getting out to support meetings. I think The Avenue may also have a support group that I might go along to. I really want to meet other bandsters and swap war stories!:biggrin1:

Susannah

sorry for the wait but.... i waited over 2.5 hrs to see dr Nottle.

Please note below

--------------------------------------------------------

Getting banded 9/3/07 Western Private Hospital footscray :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

CONGRATS......not long to go now......you will be feeling all mixed emotions right now...your happy and at the same time nervous...its all a part of it...Goodluck

Hey, Advice please!:girl_hug: I think some liquids went through too quickly this morning. Will that cause the upper stomach to stretch, or the internal stiches to split? I feel fine, I am just paranoid about everything now that I have a band.:) Susannah

Susannah, your upper tummy/pouch will only stretch if you repeatedly over eat I've been told. The fact that it went through quicker probably just means the swelling has gone down more, thats a good thing, it means you are healing! I strongly doubt the stitches would have split either.

Don't worry I stress about the stangest band related things too. After a while you learn to feel for when things are ok and when they're not. Its quite odd actually!

Hey M and Crew, My sister took some "before" photos of me, so I will be able to compare them to my weight loss down the track. Is it just me or do we all hate photos of ourself?

I should post them here and you can see what I mean by ugly!:biggrin1:

Susannah