Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Hi "She Smiles" and welcome to our very supportive and friendly Aussie group.

Fee.... my Mum or my husband look after the children when im at work. My husband also works shift work so we try to work things out.

At least its nice $ working Public Holidays.

Your very lucky that you have someone to mind your children for you......yeah it would be good $$$$$$ for public holiday:)

Hi Everyone... well i continue to do my research in regards to the lapbanding as im sure many of you did prior to the op.

Just a question or two..... can you feel and see the port?? Where exactly is it located ie near belly button or where?? is it uncomfortable if you sleep on the side where the port is??

--------------------------------------------

yet to be banded

!st consult with surgeon : 12/2/07

Dietician and physician appointments: 14/2/07

Bronnie, I can't feel my port unless I press pretty hard on my abdomen (it feels like its about 3cm deep), but when I went for my last fill, my Dr did say that when i got down to goal it would stick out and form a smll lump. Mine is right to the left (my left) of my belly button, about an inch away. It did hurt to sleep on my side for the first month or so, but now, i have no problems at all.

Gday gals, Welcome She Smiles!!!!

Jacqui well done on schlepping the Water outside. People actually dob others in? What is this the Salem witch hunt? It is vital that we all cut down our usage, but I am getting a bit ticked of with the hounding going on. Private usage is actually way, way less than industry and Government usage!

Banding update: The hospital called me this morning to go over my admission forms, and to give me a rundown on what will be happening from start to finish. Yay I get to wear the paper undies!:o:)

It's all happening.:biggrin1:

Susannah

Oh paper undies are a fashion statement, but have you seen those lovely mesh numbers they give you after childbirth to hold the big maternity pad in place, lol? Those are truly a contraceptive in their own right. Not only do you get to wear a loaf of bread between your legs, but you get to see all your white flabby bits and shaved off pubic hair poking through the mesh.

Noice.

Hey, I am so glad that I just finished my period. One less thing to have to deal with on surgery day. That is actually a legitimate thing to think about when scheduling a date for the operation. If you can plan it around when you don't have it, or manipulate it's arrival then you will feel much happier to be sure!:o Susannah

mmmm... now your making me scared. Paper undies!!! no way. I thought i was 100% sure about this lapbanding and now this :faint: .

so if the surgeon gives me a date and i know my period is due..mmmmm.... will i change the date to later down the track..... mmmmm.... NO!!! Guess i'll just wear those sexy paper undies and a huge pad. What a sexy look. Now that ive said all that, you watch it will happen. :o

can you feel and see the port?? Where exactly is it located ie near belly button or where?? is it uncomfortable if you sleep on the side where the port is??

I could always feel my port with ease; it took until my bmi was around 24 before it was clear for the world to see - it was moved during my TT and well hidden again until recently when I dropped more weight and now it sticks out like a tumor/growth and you can see it through summer clothes or fitted winter knits.

The first few months it really hurt to lay on, then once the scar was all healed it was fine... now less than half the weight I started i dont have that fat pad to protect it so it hurts when anything is pressing against it (eg. belt/pants etc.). The pillows filled with the tiny tiny styrafoam Beans are comfy to rest against if i want to lay on my left hand side.

All docs put the ports in their own prefered location, mine is just under my ribs on the left side. I wish it didn't stick out so far, i can see & feel it's tail also - i gross out family members by giving them a feel. It's a bit freaky.

Port pain isn't mentioned a lot but most people get it, especially after they take up exercise that works the muscle the port is sewn onto. There seems to be no rhyme or reason with port pain for me - it just hits me out of the blue whenever it feels like it (2-4 times a month on average, was a lot more frequent the first 6 months). I think knox city shopping centre has some kind of port-pain magnetic force field because i always get port pain when i'm there for no apparant reason.

Hi All,

Bronnie I chose my surgery date. My surgeon's secretary just opened up his diary and told me he operates on Fridays and to pick any date I wanted. Susannah

Hey Meredith, my brother and I were in Canberra last year and I thought what a great idea it would be to cruise Lake Burley Griffin in August! It was bloody freezing, but we sat up top of the cruiser and laughed and had fun!:biggrin1: Susannah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Susannah you must be nuts going out on the lake in August!! Its FREEZING here at that time of year! I'm getting married in July and all I can think about it how bloody cold its going to be!!

HaHa... you guys think your funny... yes i intend on giving my surgeon the date i want the op...

mmmmm... i see him for the 1st consult on 12/2 then dietician/physician on 14/2 and then i recan the 15/2 sounds like a good day. Ive got no plans that day!!!!!