Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delta Dawn what?s goin on

Hi Dawn

I've been waiting to hear the tales of the evil brother in law. Did I miss it on another thread??

Did you tell him that you KNOW he is in love with YOU??!!:heh:

Could it beeee a faded rose from daaaaays gone byyyyyy???

(I'm impressed Mandi; I figured it would be before your time!).

She's forty-one and her daddy still calls her "baby".

All the folks around Brownsville say she's crazy,

'Cause she walks round town with a suitcase in her hand,

Lookin' for a mysterious dark-haired man.

That song brings back so many memories.....when I was 13, we drove from one end of Canada to the other (we were moving) in a small Volkswagon Rabbit...my folks, my sister (older by 18 months) and myself. That was obviously the ONLY song my sister knew because she sang it the ENTIRE trip over and over and over and over!!!!! Good memory now but at the time I would wanna SCREAM whenever I heard that song!!!

(and she did NOT have any singing talent....so you can imagine!) LOL That was one looooooooooooooooong trip! :nervous

When my middle son was very small (like 4 years old), he loved to sing. Delta Dawn was one of his favorites, so I heard it a LOT, too.

He also loved Helen Reddy's I Am Woman. But he was FOUR, so he didn't always hear all the words the same way the rest of us did. Instead of "I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman", Patrick insisted on singing,

"I am strong, I am invisible, I am a laaaaaady."

I laughed out loud at that one girls!!! But really I want to know where are you Dawn?? Maybe you've run off with the brother in law?!!

Okay... I am not 41 with a flower on, but I am 39 so close enough.

Thigns went okay with my brother in law... we were civil and he was nice to my kids so that is what really matters I guess.

I didn;t have access to a computer for most of the holidays, so I haven't been around much sorry.

My fun news is that I hit my Christmas goal and am rocking towards the next one... and somewhere along the line I decided that I like running.

I bought the book ... The Courage to Start... which I highly recommend. I am now doing 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking for about 30 minutes 3 x a week. So... I am giddy about this new phase. It is like... wow can this really be me??

I am also busy planning our summer trip- we are hoping for at least 2 weeks in Prague, 1 in England and 1 in Budapest. Wow again, today is a good day and I am happy. How did this happen to me???

I hope you all are having the happiness that I am!!

Dawn

Banded april 4, 2006

Montreal

weight.png

I'm going to buy that book! The most inspirational thing I've heard yet is attempting running...I look at runners with envy and always have....I have tried half heartedly in the past but I worry about the drop in realistate values to my neighbors homes, what with me gasping,boobs everywhere,and snaught draining out of my nose....yep not pretty.

LMAO @ Astrotoes...okay, your post cracked me UP!!!! What a visual!!

Deltadawn: great to hear from you!! So happy to hear about your new-found happiness!! That is awesome! By the way, from my understanding, Prague is one of THE most beautiful cities in the world....you've chosen wisely!!! Have fun with your trip planning!

Oh yeah, and congrats on meeting your Xmas goal!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO :clap2:

Astrotoes,

The book is great and so worth the $15.00. I love the thought that a runner is someone who runs...nothing more complicated than that.

It is cold like the dickens here right now, and windy. Let me check the old weather ... it is currently -25, with the windchill making it -39C. So, I think I will drive home tonight and cuddle up with my gang and watch a movie!!!

Have a good night all!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4, 2006

Montreal

weight.png

Hey Delta Dawn,thanks I'm getting that book,I really do want to be able to learn to run but without starting slow and with some guidelines....it might not go so well.Hopefully I don't cause ya nightmares Yoda! :scared: It's really cold here too -20 and -39 windchill ,brrrrrrrrrrrrr