Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking forward to banding

Hi All, I'm not being banded until 1st March but CANT WAIT..... am learning so much from this site and just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for your amazing weight losses you are an inspiration to me. It's nice to be able to read others experiences, so far in discussing my decision with friends and family I have had really negitive feedback so its so refreshing to see others with the same goals and speak to people that understand. :)

Hello.....I am moving along pretty fast. I got my physical done, the blood tests, the Psycological report and testing done. Tuesday is the Stress test and endocardiogram. I am hoping that Upper GI is this week coming too. Then the office Visit to the Dietician and the 2 days class. If all goes well, I am looking at the 15th at the latest for banding--depending on the schedule of Dr Weaver....Funny thing, my family Dr is named Weaver too--bith women and no relation.

I just want to get it done and work hard to be the Man I am supposed to be. I am hoping that I can look like my age of 35 to 38. A nice 175 pounds--lfat stomach and this time-I am going to value all of this---LL

Hey guys--you will be so happy you decided to do this. I am 6 weeks post op and it has been the best decision I have ever made. And yes, I did experience some negativity from some people, too, but you just have to ignore them and concentrate on what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Some people think that this surgery is the "easy" way out--let me tell you, there is nothing easy about having this surgery! But, the pain I experienced in the beginning was well worth it, and it has been pretty easy since then. The band sets you up to succeed, as long as you respect the band. Sure, there are ways to "eat around the band", but why would you want to invest that much time and money on something only to have it fail. Just remember, the band is a tool--not a magic cure. You still have to make good choices, and exercising is really a plus! Take it from someone who NEVER exercised before --and now I love it. And it is really helping with my weight loss. Good luck to both of you, and remember, the people on these boards are so helpful, and knowledgeable, they can help you with anything!

hey ya lachbail...soon we will all be marvelling at your before and after pics...keep us posted and welcome to lapbandtalk!

:P becky

Becky---you have a current weight of 250--but it's now Jan-07....is it time to update us or not?

hahaha! now you have just touched a sore spot...na only joking! The truth is that over this christmas period and for the last few weeks I have gone up and then down again...to my dismay I am still sitting at 250lbs...Grrrrrr! better days to come I hope.

:P becky

Well.....may I offer you my apologies. I had the strangest thing told to me last week. The group I will be with post op is 75% Women. The Dr also said the Women in this group have a hard time losing the weight. He then said--the next 25% are Men--who are the best and the worst. Oh well, I guess we all have to work harder at obtaining our goals. Don't worry--Just push yourself and things will start to happen.....

Hello.....I am moving along pretty fast. I got my physical done, the blood tests, the Psycological report and testing done. Tuesday is the Stress test and endocardiogram. I am hoping that Upper GI is this week coming too. Then the office Visit to the Dietician and the 2 days class. If all goes well, I am looking at the 15th at the latest for banding--depending on the schedule of Dr Weaver....Funny thing, my family Dr is named Weaver too--bith women and no relation.

---LL

Is this Dr. Virgina Weaver? Please help, I'm trying to contact her today. Are you happy with your chiice of Dr? Did the journey take a long time?

I can say "Yes" to the choice I made. I didn't know the list for the surgery was so long. It's ok--if the Febuary date is too early--I'll be happy for the March date. I would have to say yes--also to Virginia Weaver. She is a the Surgeon at the "St Francis Hospital". You will have to pay a $350 up front if you have your insurance paying. They call it a program fee. It's ok for me to pay. I hope you get your appointment and go through the process. I can't complain...My foot is in the door now.....

Congrats on making this life changing decision. You will love your band. Sorry you don't have much support. That is why this forum is so helpful. Best of luck to you.

Hi All, I'm not being banded until 1st March but CANT WAIT..... am learning so much from this site and just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for your amazing weight losses you are an inspiration to me. It's nice to be able to read others experiences, so far in discussing my decision with friends and family I have had really negitive feedback so its so refreshing to see others with the same goals and speak to people that understand. :huggie:

Hi and welcome to LBT! I can relate to negative feedback which is why I haven't told many people. Even some family members were not very supportive. Good thing for this website! Congrats on your surgery date.My date is January 30th. Keep us posted and continue to ask lots of questions.Best of luck to you. Gigi:)