Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I put the 'maybe' because it's hard to believe this will work. I've done so many things to get skinny, but this is the most drastic and permanent.

I'm a middle-aged teacher and coach, and I finally got tired of being unable to do anything at 100%. I tried the lapband (2006), and had little success (some physical problems, some personal inability to follow the plan). After it had to be removed, I almost gave up. A year later, a new and determined me decided it was time to do the sleeve surgery. It wasn't reversible, and it has some rather punitive results if I don't follow the plan. This is for me.

And so, the journey begins. Surgery was on 22 August, 2013. Off we go.

I am afraid to even cheat, which is good! I've been reading everything here-and have so many questions. I don't actually miss food yet, instead I'm having to force even sufficient liquid down. I'll trade you a little of my forcing for your great healing?!

Congratulations, u just did a very positive thing for your health and quality of life! Hold on tight, first few weeks can get a bit bumpy as the new sleeve and new way of doing things bed in .... But this too shall pass ...and there's a new you heading in ur direction ;-)

Despite the odd bump, I have had a good experience to date. But I am what my clinic calls a "compliant patient" - I did exactly as I was told, lol. Followed their instructions to the letter, followed the stages of eating, got Protein and Water in etc. but payback is that I have never been sick or struggled with food and my two comorbidities have all but been resolved. This alone has changed my life...

Yes, I have had stalls but my weight/inch loss has been amazing. So my advice to u is to stick to ur docs advice and on the less good days, remind urself that tomorrow will be better. Also be kind to urself for the next few weeks, u just had major surgery and ur hormones will be all over the place.

Four months out and life is already transformed for me - I wish the same for u, good luck!

What a sweet message thank you....other than the cheating I am doing good and I have no ill effects from surgery no reflux at all no gas....just deep down inside I think im afraid something will happen and I wont loose the weight....im ready to be heathier.

So-we're on this journey together! Let's do this? If you feel like cheating, think-NOOOOO SKINNYMINNY will give me detention! (and I will!). Cheating is easy-I know, it's what happened to me with the band. Instead of dealing with the problems I was having (ie, go to the doctor) I started drinking my meals (ie, shakes). No way that was going to work. We've just had our body stapled. We will lose weight. Believe it. Or I'll make you write 1000 times "I will not cheat" on the board!

:rolleyes:

There is no maybe in this journey...Whether it takes you 5 months or 2 years to lose your weight it is a forward motion...

Mistakes, we all make them...The difference is that we get back up the next day and see it fresh and new...

This is your time to excel, get healthy and fit.....Come on...You can do this!! :)

Congrats on the start of your journey