Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, I am a week post-op as of yesterday. Two days after, I was walking around fine, now I feel so tired and week. I haven't been able to drink much of the diet, just getting Water in has been tough. Today I had about 1/4 of a Protein drink. I thought I would finish it before now, but I can't. I am sipping on some delicious low cal juice (15cals) with a straw. The straw seems to help me more with little sips. Before the surgery, I was trying to walk 30to 45 minutes with my dog at least 4 times a week. I can't even get out there for ten, is this normal?

Is it possible you are dehydrated? That could make you tired and weak. If you are dehydrated and can't get a lot more fluids in right away, you need to call your doctor. It may mean a trip to the emergency room for an IV.

I had a similar experience. Try not to let it bring you down. At four weeks out I'm no where near my pre-surgical energy level but I do feel improvement everyday. My Water intake does have a huge impact. Fluids get easier.

I was really tired for at least a month post surgery. Take care of yourself, you'll get there. So start with 10 and slowly work up. PS, naps are NICE.

I agree with Arts137....naps are your best friend right now. I think we forget since most of us only have 5 little incisions, at least I did, that this is a MAJOR surgery. We are so motivated to start getting the weight off that we forget our body is recovering. I could only do Water the first couple of days too but just kept sipping away. I thought I was getting dehydrated too but I held off calling, and just a few hours later, after drinking continually for those couple of hours, I felt better. You will get more strength as your body heals. Wishing you much success !!!

feel so tired and week

frosty

you didn't mention ie any problems of gas, vomitting :ph34r:

hoping there were no issues - great!!!!!

one thing we have in common is that we are all different

ie peoples weight loss, how much you lose, how long it takes

no set rules or promises

i have seen B) some sleevers here have surgery on friday, and go back to work monday!!!! :o

others are still tired a week later, and a week later and a............

its good that you were able to walk initially, but your body might just be rebelling saying, "hey i'm still sore"

your tummy speaking again - "remember we just went through major surgery :o " i'm not ready for a 5K!!!!)

"give me a break" :wacko:

ahhhhhhhh, words of wisdom, from you new tummy and the rest of your body ^_^

walk around the house slowly, day by day - walking/slowly

your body will tell you when it can take more walking/exercise

maybe one day you'll just keep walking, and you'll find yourself in NY at my doorstep :lol:

what a treat that would be for me!!!

instead of coffee - we can share a Protein shake or two :lol:

post surgery, most important thing is to continuously drink Water

drink and drink, and drink some more

gotta keep pushing those fluids

even if its only a sip here or there, little bit at a time, slow and easy

i agree with OP -you can't afford to get dehydrated

protein is secondary to drinking in the early days in "NEWBIEHOOD"

don't know if you work outside the home, have kids to care for - stuff like that.that.................

try and pamper yourself as much as possible for a bit (naps et al)

who deserves it more?? -_-

it might take awhile, but you will gradually feel better, stronger

i'll bet my last $ on it!!!!!

you are officially at the start line of the track

gun just went off!!!!

keep walking, there is no "finish line" with the sleeve

you will be successful, attain your goal - but keep on keepin' on with your eating and drinking for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

you will continue for the rest of your healthier, happier life

you will improve day by day

good luck

kathy

There are going to be days when your energy is "normal" and days when your energy is "low" as a post op. it is a normal response as you just went through major surgery and the first 6 weeks are critical for healing. The healing will take a lot of energy from you. Try and accept that there will be days when a 10 minute walk feels like too much. Both my wife and I went through the same experiences. Listen to your body. Drink even though you may not be thirsty. Eat even though you may not be hungry. Walking with your dog daily is so therapeutic for both of you. I am sure your dog will understand if you have to cut out a long walk as there will be another opportunity tomorrow. At least that is the deal I made with my dog when healing after surgery. Do not worry. You will be feeling great and full of energy in no time. Just give the healing process a little time.

Fiddle is right as usual. Walking is my primary exercise at this point, 9 weeks out. I felt like crap with very low energy up til about 7 weeks, but I was walking as much as I could. I had digestive issues/lactose intolerance. Some days I couldn't even get out, some days I walked 10 minutes, some days I could do almost a half hour. It's going to vary, and actually my energy still varies from day to day. Do what you can do and be easy on yourself, it will come with enough time:)

Protein and fluids , that's the ticket. But I was really exhausted too until I was able to start on soft foods at 3 weeks. Then, I was able to walk more and the exhaustion moved away.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing!

Hi there' date=' I am a week post-op as of yesterday. Two days after, I was walking around fine, now I feel so tired and week. I haven't been able to drink much of the diet, just getting Water in has been tough. Today I had about 1/4 of a Protein drink. I thought I would finish it before now, but I can't. I am sipping on some delicious low cal juice (15cals) with a straw. The straw seems to help me more with little sips. Before the surgery, I was trying to walk 30to 45 minutes with my dog at least 4 times a week. I can't even get out there for ten, is this normal?

[/quote']

I am 9 weeks out and my results are moving very slow because I too have very little energy. After work I'm so done. I can only think of laying down. This week I'm going to really focus on H2O, and eating more Protein. This journey has been hard, but since low energy is my only side effect I'm trying to stay positive.