Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advice please

I was told yesterday I have to have a Hysterectomy ASAP! I've been reading as much as I can and everything I read says you will gain weight. I'm 14 months out from my sleeve and I've lost 125 pounds. I do go to the gym 6 days a week for an hour and a half. I do eat the way I'm suppose to. I'm still scared of gaining weight back. Has any one else had a total Hysterectomy since their sleeve?

Who on earth told you to have a hysterectomy?

Two doctors and a radiologist. I have a cyst on one of my ovaries that they are all questioning if it is cancer.

have a cyst on one of my ovaries that they are all questioning if it is cancer.

Sheril

can only imagine how you must be feeling :(

problems with ovaries, possible cyst, cancer :angry:

must be scary

i hope you have a support system - DH, mom, siblings et al

having the hysterectomy will hopefully help/solve your possible problems

i had a hysterectomy yearsssssssssss ago - don't remember any effect between weight gain and the surgery

but............maybe meds you get for a bit, might cause weight gain :(

first things first..............

have the surgery, get all fixed up - you must eat, drink and keep yourself strong

don't worry about the POSSIBLE weight gain - take care of yourself with surgery first

later, get back on the horse, you know what to do -

I have confidence in you ;)

you lost 125 lbss

i'm sure you will be able to continue your great weight loss, and feel terrific

congrats on losing 125 lbs :)

good luck with your surgery

healing thoughts being sent your way :)

hugggggs

kathy

Sheril, sorry to hear about your radical hysterectomy. I had one nearly 7 years ago, for cancer. Incidentally the cancer was not ovarian although it was ovarian symptoms that got me to the doctors - those turned out to be due to a garden variety ovarian cyst, but in the process of checking all that out a symptomless cancer the size of an egg was found growing in my cervix but below the surface (so not detectable by Pap smear). My sleeve is a lot younger than 7 years so not in the category you were asking about, but I hope I can help out a bit.

Firstly, living and living well is THE most important thing. Everything else is a challenge to be addressed as best we can - nothing more.

Yes I gained weight. Loads of it. But it's not mandatory!

Mine was due to fatigue from the various treatments (eating in the vain hope of finding energy), stress (I'm an emotional eater for sure), post surgery inactivity, hormonal changes (going into menopause suddenly) and some surgical damage to my bowel (causing me to eat huge amounts of fibre and drink litres of Fluid, stretching my stomach and possibly wrecking my hunger/satiated response signals.

If I was doing it all again I'd -

1. Go on to HRT immediately and organise a slower "drift" into menopause a few years later

2. Recognise the fatigue for what it is - take more time off work and don't try to be superwoman

3. Get help for dealing with the stress - try to avoid using food

4. Calorie count - it's not hard to do and can alert you to stress eating/drinking you may be unaware of, and

5. Don't eat huge amounts of any type of food or drink. I think using some sort of medical / pharmaceutical solution is better for me.

Its a journey all right, but if it was always to be ahead of you, best to start sooner. Good luck with it all - I'll be thinking of you.