Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost passed out and hungry

I am 5 weeks post op. Over this past week I have been trying to exercise every day. I was taking 20 minute walks, but Tuesday I swam for about 30 minutes and

last night I took a Zumba class for 50 minutes. I felt fine after each one but I was tired.

Today I have been super hungry. This is the first time I felt this way. Never really felt hungry, but today I feel starved. I had 3 oz cottage cheese and 2 eggs this morning. I went out to the store and I broke into a cold sweat, felt hungry and super tired .... Felt like I might pass out. I came home and ate some yogurt and slept. I feel better but still hungry!

I don't know if I can continue on 600-800 calories a day and exercise and feeling hungry. Has anyone else felt this? Do I need to slow down a little? I haven't exercised today and I am bumbed.

Could it be dehydration?

Are you taking an acid reducer? If I don't take mine I get what feels like hunger but it is actually the acid that is causing pain that mimics hunger.

I had the same symptoms, but without all your exercise. Honestly it sounds like a lot of exercise this early but what do I know?

The surgeon told us to increase calories to 800 and increase carbs to about 50-60 and we've been MUCH better since then. I hope you feel better soon.

I had the same symptoms, but without all your exercise. Honestly it sounds like a lot of exercise this early but what do I know?

The surgeon told us to increase calories to 800 and increase carbs to about 50-60 and we've been MUCH better since then. I hope you feel better soon.

I agree with the exercise. You might want to scale it back a little until you have healed some more. Exhaustion is something a lot of us go through and the intense exercise will exacerbate it. Try a stationary bike or a walk, the swimming is good also just not intensely. :)

Are you taking an acid reducer? If I don't take mine I get what feels like hunger but it is actually the acid that is causing pain that mimics hunger.

I am on Nexium once a day. Maybe I need it twice?

I know the feeling you speak of. I started spin classes less than three months after my surgery and it was too much too soon.

I know the feeling you speak of. I started spin classes less than three months after my surgery and it was too much too soon.

Thanks...maybe I can try Zumba again later on. I really like it.

I am on Nexium once a day. Maybe I need it twice?

I take mine twice a day. Still need it eventually I many not need it at all. :)

I am grateful to have found this forum, although I do not have anything to contribute at this time it's nice to see advise given out to other sleevers post-op.