Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hillary Clinton, First Woman President of the US. Would you vote for her?

Exactly. Unfortunately, many of the people calling Hilary "mannish" are women.

Perhaps a tad jealous, are they? Knowing that never in a million years could they accomplish what she has - they don't have the intelligence and know-how. So they must try to somehow put her down. If they say it often enough, some of them will begin to believe it. I have always thought she looked/acted like a woman, nothing masculine about her.

Someone else remembered Golda Meir! I was thinking about her too. She's proof positive that a woman with a good head and good heart can be a fabulous leader.

Please tell us one woman's name as an example of a woman that you would like to see nominated for president so you could vote for her.

I would have no problem with a competent woman being president, but to answer your question frankly I can't think of one in the public arena that both embodies my personal political beliefs and is qualified or has made herself known to be qualified for the position. I would have voted for Jeane Kirkpatrick (former ambassador to the UN) in a heartbeat but, alas, that is no longer an option.

The reality of politics today is that without some credible experience in the national or international arena (i.e. serving in congress, as a governor, or holding some other position of authority in national or international politics) there is little possibility of being elected. So is there currently a woman in one of those positions for whom I would vote? I can't think of one. Does that mean I'm misogynistic and will only ever vote for men? Not at all. It just means that I live -- and vote -- in the real world.

My Daddy said (this was 5 years ago before he died) that the first black man and the first woman that became president would be shot. That the stupid white folks in the world would not have it, and some redneck hick would get them.

As for a black person running, I think that person would win (especially Colin Powell). If history shows us anything, we will have a minority president before we have a female president. Just look at when they gave women the right to vote. They held minorities in low esteem back then, and still gave the minority men the right to vote before white/minority women.

I think if Hillary would settle as VP she might have a chance. But, I don't think she would settle for that.

Oh well, guess we all have our opinions!!!

I agree with you 100%. I do not think this country is ready for a woman president, although I would love to have one! I do think that whomever takes over the role as first minority preisident, be it woman, african american, latino, whatever had better watch out. I would hope we have progressed enough to not have violence, but I don't believe so. There are too many KKK members that won't stand for a woman or another minority as leader of this country......and they don't even vote!

I agree with you 100%. I do not think this country is ready for a woman president, although I would love to have one! I do think that whomever takes over the role as first minority preisident, be it woman, african american, latino, whatever had better watch out. I would hope we have progressed enough to not have violence, but I don't believe so. There are too many KKK members that won't stand for a woman or another minority as leader of this country......and they don't even vote!
I agree. But Hillary for President and Obama for VP, might keep Hillary alive.:D

TOM: That's certainly one way to look at it. I've been writing to friends of ours all over the U.S. and most of the feedback I got was "Hillary for President!" Most of them are conservatives too, so I was very surprised. She must be moderate enough to be accepted by more than just Demos.

Well I haven't honestly looked at her voting record. But I will before I vote. I appreciate the feedback!

Yes, Yes, Yes to Hillary. She's intelligent, hardworking, and is truly interested in making life better for everyone