Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from dayton area a member of....

Hello all.....just curious if anyone works out at Primere Fitness in Huber Heights? I just joined today. Figured I might as well pick up my exercising since I am pretty much healed from my tumor removal and hysterectomy. Didn't know if anyone else was a member and went there ever. Please let me know. I joined and also signed up my 15 yr old. Hoping that this will help her to lose some weight so she doesnt end up needing some sort of surgery later in life.

i joined the golds gym in west chester

talk about intimidating.....i do love the elliptical machines though, it is better on my knees than a treadmill. i have not braved the weights yet. i am sure i will never be one of those gym chics LOL!! i do know that my little cheapy mp3 player has saved me in there, i suggest one if you do not have one. it helps me zone out.

Thanks Miss Banster for the suggestion of an mp3 player. I do not have one. Today I took a steamy book to read while on the treadmill. Was it sorta exciting....lol kept reading and walking and walking and reading. I just didnt have the balls to put my big butt in a golds gym with all those beautiful bodies! They would go runnin the opposite direction if they saw me walking in the door.

...i joined the golds gym in west chester...

Are you talking about that brand-new one they just opened? When they were building that, I thought is was the new Ikea they're talking about building. That new Gold's Gym is HUGE.

How do you like it so far? I joined FitWorks last March, and stopped going because the personal trainers rotate -- one time you'll get one, another time you'll get someone different -- and one of them pissed me off, so I quit going. Just wondered how you like Gold's Gym.

i like it because it is all shiny and new

and i do not use the personal trainers right now

i want to focus on a ROUTINE (i am a total creature of habit) first...so i am doing the cardio-elliptical.

i am by far not cute at this point, so on a self esteem level---i am out of my league there. though i am not the only "soccer mom" type in the early evenings :paranoid

it is huge

and i have not been brave enough to go near the POOL LOL!

Hi Nurse Teresa,

I do not have a membership to LPF club, but I do live in Huber Heights. Is that where you live? Also my Dr is Dr. Schumacher, isn't that your Dr too? My daughter and I are being banded on Feb 14th. Keep in touch.

Debbie

Hi Debbie! I actually live in Vandalia...work at Good Sam Hospital. No I don't have a dr at this time as I am going to have to be self pay and am trying to save the money. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get there. It gets very discouraging. Congratulations on the date for yourself and your daughter! That is fantastic! Would love to keep in touch with you. I can't believe that someone actually lives so close to me. Off to bed now...just got off of work and have to work again tonight. Have a great day!

so i started running

it has been killing my shins, but no where near as bad as it was 30+ pounds ago when i tried.

i am hoping to push myself into a 5K this year.

just a goal i am posting to hold myself accountable.

hope all is well with you all.

Hello Everyone, hope all is well.

MISS Banstar - congrats on starting to run, this is one of my goals, what I would really like to do is compete in a triathalon. That is high on my list and also windsurfing. Never have done either one but I think they both look so neat.

Started going to the gym with DS this week and I can feel it, and it feels sooooo good to beable to exercise and keep up and not have to rest as much.

Well congratulations on the running Miss Banster.....I can't run...even skinny couldnt run...chest is too big and it hurt too bad...lol

Lisann Where are you working out at? Hope that you like the way it makes you feel. It is very addicting. I go as often as I can and on the days I cant go I get my cardio in at work on my lunch break.

Hope everyone is doing great!