Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Adjustment

Just wondering if anyone knows why it takes some people up to a week before the fill kicks in? I got my second fill yesterday and it feels the same as before the fill. (I haven't had the honor to feel that "restriction" yet and have been anxiously waiting for it!) A friend who got her fill on Monday, too, said I might be able to feel the restriction by drinking a big gulp of Water as it may hurt a little/or i might feel it. I drank three gulps of water and nothing. I was disappointed! Maybe some of you wiser folks will know.

Thanks!

Lisa, it doesn't make a bit of sense to me either, but there are alot of people who experience the fill that kicks in later. Did you have your fill under fluoro?

I felt my fill before leaving the doctor's office. Then a few weeks later I started feeling like i didn't have a fill. COuld eat anything I wanted and was surprised at the amount I was taking in. THen I went to a Dodger's Base ball game last night and tried to eat a hotdog. BIG MISTAKE!!! SSSOOOOOOOO glad the bathroom was close by. I PB'd like I hadn't done that in ages. It took two or three times to the bathroom to get it all up. So, when you least expect the fill to kick in it will. Just don't try to eat something that you KNOW in your gut it won't work. Listen to the instincts. THey know better. Beleive me.

Thanks guys. I'm one of those people who like to figure out a "why" to things. And, this one is got me baffled!

I know what you mean Penni. Sometimes I eat alot. Weird, but the junk food never bothers me. Then other times, two or three bites and I'm slimeing like a two year old cutting teeth! I can't eat very much of the solid protiens and salads before I'm done.

If I quit eating soft stuff, I know I'll start really dropping.

Well Niecy,

I know that it is very different for everyone, so I can only tell you my experience. I had four fills before I felt anything, and I think my most recent one (my fifth) really restricted me. I have a slightly larger band which holds 4.2, and I am now filled to 3.2. My last fill did kick in about two weeks after I got it. I have had some people tell me that they would be shut off at 3.2. It is really a mystery, and the why could drive you NUTS! Ugh....speaking of which, it was eating nuts too fast that caused my first and only PB. It took me 7 months to get to a decent fill, and I was very frustrated. Everyone here was so encouraging, even when I whined. Here's hoping for you!!

I haven't had a fill yet and Jamie (My Band) cames and goes as she pleases. The ohter night nothing...Last nigh two bites and I was done. I wonder if has something to do with our bodies retention of Water? ??

Rica-

Two things never crossing my mind... I never thought about retention of Water may play a part in this and naming my band! I just may have to do that! Thanks.

Lisa,

Yes naming her has helped but it was not my idea...someone on another chat said it and it seemed like she has a personality so I went with it... Good luck on your Band...What are you going to name her? I call mine Jamie summers because my husband calls me the 10,000 bionic woman,:) LOL