Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

about to be banded!!

Hi all...on my third day of full liquids pre op. Banding coming up on Thursday, the 18th. I have lots of different feelings, mainly excited to start my new journey and to finally be able to lose this extra 100lbs that has been on me forever....:clap2:

Judyaz

I just wanted to wish you luck on your upcoming surgery! You must be very excited. I will be starting my pre-op diet on the 16th and will be banded on the 30th. Keep us posted and good luck! Gigi

Congrats Ms Judy! I have been on my liquid diet since Monday and my surgery date is set for Thursday Jan 18, too! For me, the first 3 days was def the easiest. It is getting harder and harder for me to do the liquid diet, but I am hanging in there because I want success. So, hang in there, it is well worth it! And good luck on your surgery, too! :)

i'm 55, 330 lbs., and seriously thinking of doing this. will be trying to get an appointment in morning. can barely get around most days, have no energy, stay depressed, have arthritis, diabetes, and all kinds of other issues, need help!!! i'm in w. ky., and am close to drs. who specialize in the procedure. i'm originally from mi., and my sister and a friend there had the gastric bypass, and both lost over 100 lbs, in less than a year. i hear this procedure is a lot safer, but you lose weight slower. i'm totally scared of hanging skin everywhere, think slower weight loss will help avoid some of it. can i get some feedback about what to expect, like length of time between your initial exam and actual operation, what alls involved, have any regrets, what did you lose and how fast,.......

I need some tips on getting my head straight....

I have begun my six months of supervised dieting, and I feel like i am on a journey of last meals....one mexican. one italian, one chinese...one indian...you get the picture..

Things are complicated by the fact that it has been raining for days and also very cold

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I need a lift...or I'll GAIN:embarassed: weight before my surgery.

I am also to be banded. My surgery is scheduled for February 7th is Richardson, TX by Dr. Marsden. I am excited but at the same time scared of the process, specially of possible complications during and after surgery. I am such an eater, my goodness !!! No wonder I gained 70 lbs in the past few years....

I am now 193 lbs and need to loose 70 lbs, I hope Lap Band works for me, my appetite is so intense, maybe I can have the doctor stich up my mouth too... Just kidding... Everything sounds good for me, from Indian to Brazilian food but it is time to shed the extra weight and feel good about myself.

Good luck to all of you having the surgery.

Waaahooo! Judyaz

you are on your way. not long to go now! best wishes on your surgery! keep us posted.

:P becky

Hi guys. Am also getting banded on the 18th January here in Australia. Am sooooooooo over the Optifast but am sticking to it.YUK. I am so pleased to meet some others who are going down the banding road on the same day......can wait to see our end results!! Good luck with the surgery and hope we all keep in touch. We will all have an anniversary date now, the new "us" Bye.:clap2: