Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Dr. Jose Rodriguez experience

I am strongly considering having surgery by Dr. Jose Rodriquez in Acuna, Mexico, and would appreciate any testimonials from those of you who went to him.

Please share your experiance.

I had a great experience with Dr. Rod. I am so thankful that I was banded and would not change a thing. I would be very happy to give you more detail if you have any questions. Don't have the time here to type out all the details. I would also be willing to speak to you on the phone. I did that with 2 other people prior to making my decision and found it helpful. I've had at least one person call me. So, feel free to send me a private message.

I was banded by Dr. Rod. 9-18-2006. I would do it all over again there. Dr. Rod is nice and so is the staff at the hospital. the do not speak english but they know what you are talking about when you say things like pain. I was there with to other people getting banded. I think they also had a very good exp.

Mary are you from San Antion?

I actually live north of Dallas. I was looking at your fills and I haven't even gotten a secnd fill yet. I went to Dr. Rod for my first one and just found a doctor here (there are some others) who I will try out. The price is $200.00 but with travel and the time it takes, probably the same as going back to Dr. Rod with less time.

At the time I had surgery, there was an internet special of $7,000, which included the two nights of hotel stays, travel from San Antonio and back, surgery, night in hospital, medications, etc. This special did require having surgery on certain days of the week, from what I remember. My husband and I were able to get flights on Southwest for around $100 each, roundtrip, from Dallas. So, with our air travel, about $7,200.00. We stayed in Del Rio, TX the night before surgery, then in the morning, Dr. Rod's assistant drove us over the border to the hospital. We then spent a night at the hospital (fold out sofa like bed for my husband). The next day, Barbara drove us back to San Antonio, where we stayed in a hotel. The following day, we took a shuttle to the airport and flew home to the Dallas area. Oh, the night before surgery, we went into Mexico and had our "last supper" (at least for awhile since we would be on liquids for 2 weeks...lol). Dr. Rod prefers that one does not travel too far the day after surgery, and that's why it is set up to stay in San Antonio another night.

Hope this helps.

At the time I had surgery, there was an internet special of $7,000, which included the two nights of hotel stays, travel from San Antonio and back, surgery, night in hospital, medications, etc. This special did require having surgery on certain days of the week, from what I remember. My husband and I were able to get flights on Southwest for around $100 each, roundtrip, from Dallas. So, with our air travel, about $7,200.00. We stayed in Del Rio, TX the night before surgery, then in the morning, Dr. Rod's assistant drove us over the border to the hospital. We then spent a night at the hospital (fold out sofa like bed for my husband). The next day, Barbara drove us back to San Antonio, where we stayed in a hotel. The following day, we took a shuttle to the airport and flew home to the Dallas area. Oh, the night before surgery, we went into Mexico and had our "last supper" (at least for awhile since we would be on liquids for 2 weeks...lol). Dr. Rod prefers that one does not travel too far the day after surgery, and that's why it is set up to stay in San Antonio another night.

Hope this helps.

every thing were the same for me. You get the price of $7000.00 when you have it done on Monday, and its $7300.00 on anyother day. his web sit is Joseband.com Barbara is very nice. She will tell you everything you need to know. Her info is on his web sit also. you can call her and she will set everything up and give you alot of reading info.

I would do it over there again and again.

Good Luck:)

I had a great experience with Dr. Rod. I am so thankful that I was banded and would not change a thing. I would be very happy to give you more detail if you have any questions. Don't have the time here to type out all the details. I would also be willing to speak to you on the phone. I did that with 2 other people prior to making my decision and found it helpful. I've had at least one person call me. So, feel free to send me a private message.

I am scheduled to be banded on Jan 19th. I am concerned about the language barrier. Is it a great problem?? Also - is the facility in Acuna nice? I know it is plain. What are some things I need to take with me, since the facility is a little less that state of the art>??? Thanks for any info. I am getting the nervousness going on. Barbara said that she didn't recomend the pre-surg diet because my bmi is not that high. Did you do the pre diet and do you think it helped?? Sorry for so many ????s

Thanks

Songgal

to be banded 1-19:help:

hey everyone I was banded on 02/14/08 by dr rod in juarez LOVE HIM THE STAFF AND THE HOSPITAL! everything about the experience was great! I have detailed pix from the hotel in el paso to the beautiful hospital n staff - pm me if u want me to give u the link! by far one of the best decisions I have ever made was going with dr rod!

I was banded by him on 10-31-07. The best Halloween ever! He's a hottie! My experience was great. I recommend him and definetly Barbara to anyone and everyone. The hotel is definetly not the Hilton. But, it's clean and comfortable. They take good care of you there. Call Barbara, she's the best, anything you want to know about lap band, she can tell you. I dedided to do this really with about 3 weeks notice. Kinda dumb I know, but she walked me through it all no problem. :rolleyes2:

My husband is getting his done by dr. Jose rodriguez in juarez mexico on september 12th 2008 hes excited im scared. But i have researched i feel that dr. R was the best choice for us. I also found a fill doc around the dallas area that is more than willing to take on after care but if we go and dont like him there were a couple more to check out. So far most docs i have called in the us have been willing to see a mexico pat.

Hi. I am currently thinking of having lap band surgery by Dr. rodriguez and was curious about your husband's experience. Would you recommend him?>