Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have anyone of filled yourself.

I have to ask... where are you getting this information? A VG band filled with 5.2 has the same tightness as a 4cc band without any fill. I have searched everywhere and even asked my doc and he said an empty band is an empty band no matter which type it is. The size of the band has little to do with the restriction level... just means the band is bigger because the stomach is bigger and requires more saline to fill it.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to argue about EVERYTHING. I do think you need to be very careful about the advice you are giving though... make sure you state your opinions as such and not fact.

Just my 2 cents.

I asked you if you have a VG band, You did not respond. Well I do, and I have been through it, to lesser degree, and read information from other VG banders quite extensively. So I am positive she will be fine.

You might remember this graph, if you look it carefully, stama area (passage openning) with a 5.2 filled a VG band is about the same size or a little lower, than other bands unfilled.

post-211976-13813134596347_thumb.jpg

I do not have a VG band but my doc uses them and I asked for his input about it. Not sure what me having or not having a VG band has to do with any of this but whatever.

Where did you get the graph you posted? Can you link me to the source please?

I do not have a VG band but my doc uses them and I asked for his input about it. Not sure what me having or not having a VG band has to do with any of this but whatever.

Where did you get the graph you posted? Can you link me to the source please?

Size really matters. 11cm VG band is 1cm wider than 10cm band, and 1cm corresponds to almost 5cc(each 1cc decreases stoma by .2cm), this means a VG band requires approximatelly 5cc to have the same level of restriction of a 10cm band unfilled.

Read the following manual, I think I got it from there.

http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94800-12_LB_Product_Data_Sheet.pdf#search='vanguard%20lap%20band

or

http://www.allerganandinamed.com/products/obesity/us/clinician/lapband/prodinfo.html

I appreciate the link. I looked everywhere and read through the entire manual and could not find the graph you posted. ;)

Just saw your edit and new link. Thanks for the info.

It is very normal. VG band filled with 5.2 has almost the same openning (stama), with the shorter band (10cm, or 9.75) unfilled. Some people reacts this way. Your stomac will adopt to changes in 1-2 weeks, you just need to be patient and stay away from solid foods in this period. If you vomit (pbing) , it is not good. Try not to vomit, just be calm, if the problem continues more than 2 weeks, I believe it wont, you might want to unfill .5-1 cc.

In the mean time. you might want to drink warm Water, or tea, coffea before you eat , warm Water opens the passage, and warm amd hot liquids are easy to go through the passage. For added bonus, you will lose 5-8 pounds in the process.

Dorin

Patients would be the thing needed in waiting for a fill. You make it seem like everyone will have the same restriction with the same fill amounts. Everyone is different. Some find good restriction with only 1 or 2 fills, others needs more. Thats why doctors are trained to do these. I would never tell someone to be patient and not seeks medical advice froma doctor when they can't drink in the mornings or barely im the afternoon. Its one think to be reckless with yourself and do your own fills, but to offer others advise like you are their doctor is another issue. Please be carefull my friend. By the way, I also have the VG band and have lost quite nicely with less fill than what your "charts" say is necessary.

Patients would be the thing needed in waiting for a fill. You make it seem like everyone will have the same restriction with the same fill amounts. Everyone is different. Some find good restriction with only 1 or 2 fills, others needs more. Thats why doctors are trained to do these. I would never tell someone to be patient and not seeks medical advice froma doctor when they can't drink in the mornings or barely im the afternoon. Its one think to be reckless with yourself and do your own fills, but to offer others advise like you are their doctor is another issue. Please be carefull my friend. By the way, I also have the VG band and have lost quite nicely with less fill than what your "charts" say is necessary.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I never said everyone reacts to the same amount of fill similarly. For me 5.2cc fill is almost nothing, because I suspect, I do not have thick stomac. For any given person, it is not a high level of restriction, and it is her second fill, even in the Inamed manual it is said, first fill should be 3-4cc, and the second fill should be half of the initial fill. So the doctor was not too agresive with fills, so her stomac should adjust to new fill under normal conditions.

By the way, are you sure that you have a VG band. You never mention it in your posts, or fill amounts, or you post in any VG band threads. I just searched your name under VG band. If you read VG band threads, that level of fill is just introductory. There are doctors who do 4-5 cc for the initial fills, for your information. What is your level of fill, you never mention it.

regards

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/search.php?searchid=631888&pp=25&page=2

I never said everyone reacts to the same amount of fill similarly. For me 5.2cc fill is almost nothing, because I suspect, I do not have thick stomac. For any given person, it is not a high level of restriction, and it is her second fill, even in the Inamed manual it is said, first fill should be 3-4cc, and the second fill should be half of the initial fill. So the doctor was not too agresive with fills, so her stomac should adjust to new fill under normal conditions.

By the way, are you sure that you have a VG band. You never mention it in your posts, or fill amounts, or you post in any VG band threads. I just searched your name under VG band. If you read VG band threads, that level of fill is just introductory. There are doctors who do 4-5 cc for the initial fills, for your information. What is your level of fill, you never mention it.

regards

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/search.php?searchid=631888&pp=25&page=2

I am sure I have a VG band. I just went for my 5th fill to bring me to 7.75. But, until over 6 months in, I had 5.5. I didn't much restriction, so I understand your frustration. But I would never "test" my band to see how much I could eat by eating 2 whoppers. I also wouldn't dish out medical advise as if you were medically trained. Its very dangerous. This is a place for support.

I am sure I have a VG band. I just went for my 5th fill to bring me to 7.75. But, until over 6 months in, I had 5.5. I didn't much restriction, so I understand your frustration. But I would never "test" my band to see how much I could eat by eating 2 whoppers. I also wouldn't dish out medical advise as if you were medically trained. Its very dangerous. This is a place for support.

I respect your opinion. Everyone has different level of risk assesment, I think with sufficient information, I take more risks than the average person.

You also take what you have granted, you have best doctors and services available, outthere outside USA, it is not always like that. My doctor is paid less than 500$ a month by the state health care system, how much service I can ask from him.

You also take what you have granted, you have best doctors and services available, outthere outside USA, it is not always like that. My doctor is paid less than 500$ a month by the state health care system, how much service I can ask from him.

I am outside the USA, and I have pretty damm good care. My doctors are not paid anywhere near what the US surgeons are paid, yet they manage to deliver an excellent standard of care.

I do not take my doctors for granted, and would travel as far as I had to for aftercare.

I am outside the USA, and I have pretty damm good care. My doctors are not paid anywhere near what the US surgeons are paid, yet they manage to deliver an excellent standard of care.

I do not take my doctors for granted, and would travel as far as I had to for aftercare.

Filling this large whopper sized VG band can very frustrating, I might need 5-8 fills in the next 6 months, you think I should travel abroad to do it 5-8 times for proper health care.

And as a point of interest, I had roughly 10 fills and unfills within my first year of banding. And you bet your ass I would have gone as fars as I needed to for them.

And as a point of interest, I had roughly 10 fills and unfills within my first year of banding. And you bet your ass I would have gone as fars as I needed to for them.

Chickie, I am amazed at yor weight loss. You sound like a tough person. Congragulations.

I have about 25 kg more to lose. I hoped to lose them all in the next 4-5 months, I just think it is not possible anymore on my own. I am aiming 2-3 kg loss a month at best, it can not get better.