Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Fun!

Where are you finding all of these hot guys?? tee hee

btw.. lookin' good!! I'm already saving for my TT!

Sweet! Yeah, save those bucks. It's worth it!

I'm finding these guys in random places, I swear. I met Tony at a wedding I was doing. I met Joey on Myspace (it's a long story), I met Dee at the Bike Shoppe, I met Loch at the Sportsman's Outlet. I met my ex doing a bike race in Salt Lake (he was here on business but decided to do the race), and the date I'm going on tomorrow is a blind date set up through my cousin. So there you have it.

Sweet! Yeah, save those bucks. It's worth it!

I'm finding these guys in random places, I swear. I met Tony at a wedding I was doing. I met Joey on Myspace (it's a long story), I met Dee at the Bike Shoppe, I met Loch at the Sportsman's Outlet. I met my ex doing a bike race in Salt Lake (he was here on business but decided to do the race), and the date I'm going on tomorrow is a blind date set up through my cousin. So there you have it.

Funny! I am happily married, but I think I'll tell my single sis to move to Utah!

Funny! I am happily married, but I think I'll tell my single sis to move to Utah!

Um yeah... no. You don't want to do that. Utah's just about the worst place you can be if you're over 25 and still single and don't have barbie blonde status. Not sure how long this dating spree's going to last, actually. I'm trying to get happy just being single for awhile.

Havn't replied much latly crazy times in MT not to mention married soo long dont remember dating. OH, to be 25 and single, live it up girls and guys! Puddin, your pics are great, I too am very excited about the changes, it took 2-3 weeks and the stitches out to really see the difference. It makes me excited to excersize and get the rest back to toned. I feel flabby it has been 3 weeks since I worked out. My trainer says its ok and to enjoy time off cuz she's gonna work my butt off (hope so) when I start back. Dr. said Wed. not for another 3-4 weeks.

Daughter is home, she had surgery Monday so shes out of school maybe we can figure the pic's out (ok she can) and I'll post them.

Puddin, What is it you do for a living? web disigner?

Hey Brenda, tell me when you had your Tummy Tuck again? Has it only been 3 weeks? I was thinking it was before I had mine (4 weeks ago today). So how long does your doc say to wait overall to start exercising? I started on Monday doing spinning again because it's non-impact. I figured that was safe enough, right? If you can't figure out the pics then PM me with your email address and I'll post them up for you.

And Brenda, it really super sucks to be single, I'm just telling you right now. Dating is the most stressful thing I can think of. Will he call? Why didn't he call? What did I do wrong? Boo for that! I just wish I could be done with it. Anyhow yeah, I'm a web designer. Actually, more of a web analytics architect, for a university. I love it, but I sit at a desk all day. What do you do?

Dr. Santin did my tt & bl Jan 18th. 3 weeks yesterday, he said I could walk, but not to increase blood pressure as it makes blood flow too fast for the vessels and nerves cut during surgery. he kept telling me "your held together by stitches" I have next appt on Feb 21st and depending on healing rate maybe then I can do cardio but no weight training for 8-10 weeks. he maybe over cautious, but I'm listening to him as everyone I've spoken too who's been to him has great results he is a "master at his profession" according to 3 Dr.'s that referred me. I waited 6 months for consult and 4 addl months for surgery so whats another few weeks. I also spoke to trainer as I thought I could do lunges for leg stregnth didnt think I'd use abs.she said NO NO NO! You wont realize your using the muscles until its too late... With a LBL do you have your ab muscles tightened? I dont really know much about the LBL how different is it form just a tt?

Oh dont get me wrong, I feel for you with the guy thing. It is hard enough to accept ourselves and our changes in this journey without asking the quetions you mentioned above. It's just looking back 21 years, 3 kids, later I wish I would have been a better friend, daughter, sister and not worried so much about guys. that's my personal story. I just want you to have fun and it sounds like you have plenty of that too. are you still sky diving?

As for me working, I am at a great spot in my life. I left my job as an Employment Counselor to foster my nephew last Feb. I am "finding myself" My husband owns 2 businesses and is very busy so I find myself with alot of time on my hands. I realized yesterday I have become a "dinker" I used to get up shower and leave for work, now I "dink" boy I need to get a life. 10:30-11 is my shower time now!! LOL I am planing on getting realestate lisc. in March and possible open a business called " A Womans Place" which would have a hair sylist, Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer, and Anasthician (sp) in one location. But thats in the air for now! I also just started a lapband support group we meet the first time Feb. 14th -any ideas there?

Have a great day!

Back atcha babe. It's fun to lose weight. So what kind of exercise are you into lately? I know you're always switching it up, getting into something new.

Yipes I missed the question, my bad.

I am doing the 6 day split. Monday - Saturday Weight training and I'm no longer doing muscle groups. I am currently on the "upper body v/s lower body" groove now. I got bored with the "arms" one day and "quads and calves" the next day.

I haven't biked in a month-ish so I plan on doing that Sunday - hitting up the 31.5 mile route.

I do cardio 4-5 days per week at 45minutes to 1.5 hours.

What are you doing? I hope you are allowing your body to recover and not going crazy in the gym. At least, that's what I was yelled for, working out fewer than 6 weeks post op.

Ok puddin, you mentioned earlier that you have no cellulite on your thighs, etc. -- and it certainly doesn't look it from the bathing suit pic -- but did you before? Were you a "smooth" big girl or a "lumpy" big girl? As in - overweight but "firm", or overweight and "jiggly"? I'm not asking that right, but I hope you get my drift. Because - wow, I always assumed one would need Lipo or something to get thighs & buttocks away from the "sock full of quarters" look, and even then it probably wouldn't be gone, just less of it... but if you were "lumpy" before, you certainly can't tell now!

Dr. Santin did my tt & bl Jan 18th. 3 weeks yesterday, he said I could walk, but not to increase blood pressure as it makes blood flow too fast for the vessels and nerves cut during surgery. he kept telling me "your held together by stitches" I have next appt on Feb 21st and depending on healing rate maybe then I can do cardio but no weight training for 8-10 weeks. he maybe over cautious, but I'm listening to him as everyone I've spoken too who's been to him has great results he is a "master at his profession" according to 3 Dr.'s that referred me. I waited 6 months for consult and 4 addl months for surgery so whats another few weeks. I also spoke to trainer as I thought I could do lunges for leg stregnth didnt think I'd use abs.she said NO NO NO! You wont realize your using the muscles until its too late... With a LBL do you have your ab muscles tightened? I dont really know much about the LBL how different is it form just a tt?

Wait 'until it's too late' bothers me a little! I have a cough right now... it uses tons of ab muscles. What does "too late" mean??? Yeah, they do tighten your ab muscles with the LBL. A LBL is a TT with removal of fat and skin in the back as well. You can tell by my "before" pic that I had a rather large midsection. It went ALL the way around! So 8-10 weeks? Really? I have to start training for my triathlon in like 2 weeks. I better talk to my doc!

Oh dont get me wrong, I feel for you with the guy thing. It is hard enough to accept ourselves and our changes in this journey without asking the quetions you mentioned above. It's just looking back 21 years, 3 kids, later I wish I would have been a better friend, daughter, sister and not worried so much about guys. that's my personal story. I just want you to have fun and it sounds like you have plenty of that too. are you still sky diving?

Yes, yes, yes! I agree with you. I'm going to work on that. I'm not even going to pursue Tony (unless he pursues me), in hopes of improving my relationship with God AND my friends and family. I'm doing my best to have patience. But yes! I am going skydiving still! And we're maybe going to learn how to surf during spring break before that. There's a week-long surf clinic in CA. Should be fun.

As for me working, I am at a great spot in my life. I left my job as an Employment Counselor to foster my nephew last Feb. I am "finding myself" My husband owns 2 businesses and is very busy so I find myself with alot of time on my hands. I realized yesterday I have become a "dinker" I used to get up shower and leave for work, now I "dink" boy I need to get a life. 10:30-11 is my shower time now!! LOL I am planing on getting realestate lisc. in March and possible open a business called " A Womans Place" which would have a hair sylist, Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer, and Anasthician (sp) in one location. But thats in the air for now! I also just started a lapband support group we meet the first time Feb. 14th -any ideas there?

Have a great day!

Sounds like you have some awesome goals for the future. It's interesting how once you lose the weight, it's like you DO have to find yourself again. I thought I had, but it's obvious that it was a farce, well, some of it. You definitely have some things to help you along the way, though. Fostering your nephew is just incredibly unselfish. I am amazed at some of the stories on this board - some of the most amazingly unselfish, helpful people in the world. I really hope your business takes off. Good luck in finding whatever it is you want right now!

ok, have the pics taken- digital broken so used camera- now need the courage to post. why is it I look so much better until the damn camera snaps a shot?

Yipes I missed the question, my bad.

I am doing the 6 day split. Monday - Saturday Weight training and I'm no longer doing muscle groups. I am currently on the "upper body v/s lower body" groove now. I got bored with the "arms" one day and "quads and calves" the next day.

I haven't biked in a month-ish so I plan on doing that Sunday - hitting up the 31.5 mile route.

I do cardio 4-5 days per week at 45minutes to 1.5 hours.

What are you doing? I hope you are allowing your body to recover and not going crazy in the gym. At least, that's what I was yelled for, working out fewer than 6 weeks post op.

WOW!!! You're a rockstar. That's amazing. You're definitely a workout inspiration for me.

How come you can't work out fewer than 6 weeks post op? I started working out at 3 weeks post op. I have been doing spinning 3 days a week. What's wrong with that if it's non-impact?

How long did it take for you to hit the workouts hard? How long was it until you could run?

Ok puddin, you mentioned earlier that you have no cellulite on your thighs, etc. -- and it certainly doesn't look it from the bathing suit pic -- but did you before? Were you a "smooth" big girl or a "lumpy" big girl? As in - overweight but "firm", or overweight and "jiggly"? I'm not asking that right, but I hope you get my drift. Because - wow, I always assumed one would need Lipo or something to get thighs & buttocks away from the "sock full of quarters" look, and even then it probably wouldn't be gone, just less of it... but if you were "lumpy" before, you certainly can't tell now!

Well, I never really had cellulite on my thighs. My thighs just looked 'saggy'. I was a smooth big girl before. My thighs were never big - just my STOMACH!

Slpdgrl: Can't wait to see your pictures. Gladd you're doing better. Are you an exercise fanatic too? Who was your doctor? Did you have the surgery in MT?

Puddin: Patience is a hard virtue to acquire. You're doing great. I'd still has the doc about spinning classes. I think even non-impact classes need abs. Seems like everything is ab work!

I love reading this thread. It really keeps me motivated to work out and keep plugging along!