Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you share with me how you have lost 92lbs? I am so proud of you. I was banded in December 2004 and I have lost 47lbs. Do you weigh your food. What is your favorite foods. Please e-mail me at bbheim@hotmail.com.:)

What an inspiration!! No wonder your hubby looks so proud! I can't wait until I'm that far down the road! It even changed the color of your hair! :):) :eek:

Thanks for the kind words once again. This really helps to have folks see you and be impressed by your weight loss. I guess I'm boring everyone I am around. (Two of my co-workers have had the surgery since I had mine. I am always rambling on about the wonders of the band.)

I used to get a lot of praise on a daily basis but either it is getting old or a little jealosy is kicking in. Not that I am going to stop traffic with my great looks but I am getting to the size that a lot of women are (14/16) and they don't like me getting as small as they are. I guess it makes them uncomfortable. Whatever!

Anyway, I am losing this for me and I don't need praise from friends a co-workers this far down the road.

Thanks a bunch for the kudos. :) :eek: :eek:

Debra, please share your great bandster tips here! I think people are just getting used to seeing you at your current weight. You're no longer obese. You just fit in with "normal" and don't stand out. Wow, what a wonderful problem to have! I can't wait until I get to that spot! And you have made an impression. Two other people have been banded because of your influence. Wow!

I guess you're right. I am just normal. That has been my heart's cry for 37 years.....just to not be noticed. I was extremely self-conscious about being obese and I hated walking around and having people stare at me. No matter how you fix your hair, how good you smell, what you wear or how much time you spent on makeup, all they noticed was how fat you were. I am soooooooo glad those days are over.

I don't need to be the center of attention. I just wanted to walk into a room and not have everyone look at me. (I'm sure some of it was in my head but I know people are really cruel about MO.) Since losing my weight (which really is 117 lbs.--I had lost about 25 lbs. prior to surgery), people treat me so differently. It is unfair I know but it is a pleasant experience. I have about 30-40 lbs. to go before I get to my goal but it is already a whole new world.

The future looks very bright these days. I am glad I can be an inspiration to anyone! I give my band about 80% of the credit. I am a non-smoker and a non-drinker and I don't crave sweets so that has helped me. I don't eat a lot of "empty" calories. I try to make them count. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, and I do have my moments. They just aren't daily. Drinking Water faithfully makes a huge difference.

Hope this helps anyone. :) :eek: :eek:

Debra, I could have written all of your thoughts! I'm so ready to blend in. Can't wait! But I'm heading in the right direction after so many years!

I have lost 92 lbs too.... Doesn't it feel good? I can see the before, but I don't see an after picture. And I do think it is a combination of jealousy and getting tired of telling us we have lost. When someone that hasn't seen me in a while and they comment, then it really helps me to stay focused.... Post more pictures.... I love them. That's for EVERYONE...

If you saw the before (YUK!!!) you must see the after. I'm not really great at posting pictures yet. (They come out really large.) Anyway, I will post the after again for you. I don't know how to get the before and after together. It will not let me have more than one attachment.

Congratulations on your 92 lbs. and yes it is great. Like I said yesterday, it is a whole new world. I have been dragging my husband all over the place (with a smile on his face) as I shop for a totally new wardrobe.

Here goes!

post-204085-13813131306008_thumb.jpg

You look wonderful... I can tell by the smile on his face that the two of you are soul mates... I am so happy for you.... In fact I am happy for everyone... Thanks for posting... Without the before picture, how could we ever appreciate the after....:) I know I am a different person. I wasn't bad before, but I am certainly better now, in more ways than one. It is sorta like the song by Tim McGraw- (don't know the name) but I am not dying, but in some ways it has opened my eyes as if I were. I do more things, I live life different, I speak sweeter, I have more forgiveness, I am a better wife and mom, and I appreciate my life. Air smells better, grass is greener, sky is bluer... Corny, but true.. I am HAPPY.

Debra, thank you for sharing with us. You look awesome. Congratulations on your dramatic weight loss, and best wishes for your continued sucess.

Thanks Neicy for the kind words.

To Sascijo:

Corny or not, I feel the same. I could do the Julie Andrews twirl on the mountain in the the Sound of Music. I have just about driven my poor hubby crazy I'm sure (although he is a happy boy and you are right, we are in love and very happy) with my prattling on about my joy. Everything is different. That is why I really don't understand some of the whiners.

You don't usually get something for nothing and the lapband is only a tool. We have to work with it. I have MO family members that won't even consider the band. Go figure. To each his/ own.

All I know is that I feel like God has blessed me abundantly by allowing me to be able to be banded and I love everything and everybody better (except dusting).

Thanks again. :) :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Debra, I wouldn't buy too, too many clothes. Because I predict that you will be getting littler and need even smaller clothes in the near future! What a wonderful problem to have!

To New Hope:

You're so right! But when you wore a size 28 (3 or 4X) they fall off and we don't want that ever or at least until the tummy tuck!:eek:

I'm in a 14/16 and I will probably a true 14 or MAYBE a 12!!! ;)

At that point, I will probably drag out my trusty sewing machine and take them up. Yippee!!! :) :eek: :eek: