Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More Results From Kettlebell

I just wanted to say kettle bell workouts are really effective if you can work them into your fitness program.

Just started a kettle bell workout by bob harper inside out method and love it:

http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Harper-Kettlebell-Sculpted-Body/dp/B004EFCVPE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1376757802&sr=8-3&keywords=bob+harper+kettlebell

50 minutes of a lot of different exercises, not all are kettle bell related like cliff scalers, mountain climbers, etc. I like that he really emphasizes good form on use of kettle bell to prevent faulting the head or lower back. I am hoping to do his workout with 55 lb kettle bell in a few months. I am starting with 25 lb weight and it is still very challenging to complete 50 minutes.

I have always been interested in kettle bells exercises. They have them at my gym but not sure how to use them. Is there a site I can go to that would give me some beginner ideas?

I have always been interested in kettle bells exercises. They have them at my gym but not sure how to use them. Is there a site I can go to that would give me some beginner ideas?

YouTube has a lot of good videos.

A quick search turned up some good intro material :

http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/25_04_kettlebell_swing.pdf

Start out with the American swing. It is easier and will not put your head, people, walls or windows behind you in at risk. Be very careful about posture as not to fault or tweak the lower back or neck. A pulled lower back muscle will side line you if not careful. Start light (10-15 lb) until you are comfortable with the basic swing movements and can handle more weight without losing posture. Keep your chest up, back straight, shoulders relaxed and imagine a wall in front of you. Do not let your body go past this wall. The power of a kettle bell comes from the snap of the hips forward, not from the arms. Practice just thrusting your hips forward from a squat position as you straighten out. Listen to your body. If any pain or tweak feeling, stop and recheck your form. Once you get a hang of kettle bells, they are a lot of fun and very powerful. They will take your workout game up a level. Good luck!