Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complex carb ideas

That looks good' date=' but need to up the Protein. Perhaps some plain isolate Protein can be mixed in or chunks of sliced low fat ham.[/quote']

Yup. I would also increase amount of tofu but agree, biggest bang for buck will likely come from adding Protein powder. I did that with a dal Soup I made today and it was a nice change from Protein shakes.

Fiddle....one of my favorites is 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup Fiber one Cereal. Knowing you...you could easily add some Protein Powder to this to up the Protein. For me, it's a nice light pre run sweet snack. My wife doubles those measurements plus adds chopped walnuts and has that for Breakfast most days. It's tasty.

BTB- that does sound really good. I am going to try that for a pre workout snack soon. Need to go stock up on fiber one with all my target gift cards. :) oh and I do have some 15+ month unopened fiber one sitting in my backup pantry in the garage. How long do you think the shelf life is on unopened fiber one (original - the rabbit food)?

I don't know....I eat the rabbit food as well. As cheap as it is at target....id say throw that box out and get some fresh stuff. LOL

In the old days a box of sugary cereal would last me 3 -4 days max. Now, even though I eat the rabbit food nearly everyday, a box lasts me 10 days or so. I just can't eat too much.....or else. :o

Rabbit food is not meant to be a slight against fiber one cereal at all. I love the stuff. Or at least I did pre VSG. It really does look like rabbit food pellets. :)

Rabbit food is not meant to be a slight against Fiber one Cereal at all. I love the stuff. Or at least I did pre VSG. It really does look like rabbit food pellets. :)

Oh I don't take it as a slight....it's all good. Your stuff must be different than mine cause my fiber one looks more like chow mein noodles. At home we call them fiber sticks.

Is there a complex carb out there that *isn't* some kind of oatmeal? lol, gluten-sensitive, almost to the point of celiac (but I'm not) so oats or basically grains of any kind are out. I can handle Forbidden rice, which I do recommend as the most superior slow burning rice I've ever eaten.

Is there a complex carb out there that *isn't* some kind of oatmeal? lol, gluten-sensitive, almost to the point of celiac (but I'm not) so oats or basically grains of any kind are out. I can handle Forbidden rice, which I do recommend as the most superior slow burning rice I've ever eaten.

If I remember my celiac disease accurately, gluten-free only, yes? That means no B(arley) R(ye) O(at) & W(heat)?

I think you are left with ...rice, Beans, potatoes, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, squash, corn, peas, lentils, sweet potatoes, and most fruits. Which is quite a variety really.

I used to have a cookbook called Great Grains that helped me figure out how to cook some of these grains. The interwebs will be full of info no doubt.

oh and quinoa as mentioned by Wls4me

Edited by gamergirl

Dude! I think I found you the perfect book! It's called Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/

So the recipes look good, no problems but what is really good is her weekly cook-ups. She does some basic Proteins (grill chicken, brown ground beef and one other). And some steam sautes of vegetables. She makes a batch of sauces. And then shows you how to do various combos of Proteins and complex carbs with different sauces, to get entirely different tasting meals which she calls Hot Plates.

I'l try to attach a picture so you can get an idea. Basically she has 17 different sauces or seasonings that you can borrow from. It seems super-efficient to me. It's a Paleo cookbook so very high on Protein. I think you will like.

Here you go. Everything in parens, she has recipes for. I can send another page too if you or anyone else wants more examples.

post-63417-13813668946487_thumb.jpg

Broccoli....with a side of broccoli......topped with just a dash of broccoli. :D I love broccoli! Yeah, the long grain or brown rice is good too or sweet taters! :)

Lots of good carbs in this dish....which I fix about once a week. Lean sirloin, brown rice, broccoli and quinoa with organic teriyaki...but light on the sauce. Just enough to give it some flavor. :)

StirFry

Broccoli....with a side of broccoli......topped with just a dash of broccoli. :D I love broccoli! Yeah' date=' the long grain or brown rice is good too or sweet taters! :)[/quote']

I love to eat broccoli also. It is also a big booster of T for men also. More lean muscle, yay!

I love to eat broccoli also. It is also a big booster of T for men also. More lean muscle' date=' yay![/quote']

Someone says increase in T and your first thought is lean muscle?? Either things are working really well in the "other" department or you have your priorities all messed up! :P