Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 13 days post op. I haven't had any of the thrush or bad breath that I have been reading about. However, today during my walk I got very itchy. I came home to take a shower and it was like the whole top layer of my skin came off, from everywhere. I had to use a loofa to get it all off. I felt like a snake shedding its skin. I do have generally dry skin but never have had this happen before.

Anyone else have this happen?? So weird

Just saw a post in another thread that the person was allergic to the surgical glue. For me the itching is all over so I have no idea if that's it or maybe I am low on Water intake. I see the doc on Wednesday and I will be sure to ask.

Yeah last night it was hard to sleep because of the itching. It's all over, not at my incisions. I have no redness or swelling. The peeling was the weirdest part, it's fine now just itchy.

If it was just your stomach it could be the stuff they cleaned you with and your body just needed to get the skin off. I have noticed that I get spots like that all over at various times and I'm almost 3 mo out. Just make sure to use a good moisturizer every day (this can also help with skin elasticity) and that should help!

I got a bad rash all over my stomach from the tape uses but the itching is every where, worse on my tattoo I have on my foot

I'm sorry that I don't have any specific experience about your case. But peeling skin is oftened cause by the following:
Overexposure to the sun
Extreme weather condition
Allergies
Athlete’s foot
Eczema
Side effects of medications
Ringworm
A weak immune system
Some types of cancer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7142468
So firstly, you need to determine the reason of your peeling skin. It is directly related to the op? Or another heath problem? After that, depending on the peeling skin causes, it can be treated with lotions and creams or treatment for the disorder, disease, or condition. I'm not sure but some home remedies will help you.
Aloe vera
Aloe vera has moisturizing as well as soothing properties so that it's considered as a top agent to get rid of peeling skin. It helps to relieve the inflammation, itching and irritation. Take an aloe vere leaf and extract its gel. Add two teaspoons of the gel to a small dosage of Vitamin E oil. Rub the solution over the affected skin areas. Then let it dry and wash off by warm Water.
Olive oil
Add two teaspoons of salt to some olive oil to make a paste. Scrub the paste on the skin to exfoliate dead skin cells. Follow the treatment two times per week to receive positive outcomes. Olive oil is a panacea to the skin thanks to its skin-nourishing fatty acids and high content of Vitamin E.
Milk
Simply you can take bath by milk daily. Many studies showed that milk has possitive effects on peeling skin and improve the skin health. The Protein found in milk contains the lactic acid and a soothing effect that work wonder to ease both itching and irritation.
More remedies for you here: https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-peeling-skin/

Edited by camryn12