Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shocking the grandkids....Priceless

This is long....but a great story, nonetheless.

My grandson is 17 and due to a congenital problem, he has less than half his colon left (after numerous surgeries). Today his mom and dad took him to see my gastrointerologist. Nick was tired and kind of snoozing on the table while the doctor talked to his folks. My DIL mentioned in passing that Nick wants to get a tattoo and she and her husband (both of whom are tattoo-free) told him absolutely not. The doctor obliged her by pointing out to Nick all the hazards of tattoo parlors/needles. Then he turned back to talking about "short gut syndrome", and related Nick's condition to a person who has had bypass surgery. "But your mom has done very well with hers," he said. (I know....everyone thinks WLS = bypass.)

Well....all Nicholas heard was "tattoo" and "your mom has done very well with hers". My DIL said he raised up like he had been shot.

"Nanny has a TATTOO?" he asked.

"No...no....I didn't say that," said the doctor, who, according to my DIL, was almost ROLLING on the floor. She said she had never seen a doctor laugh so hard.

After the doctor, they came to my house. Nick still wasn't convinced that I wasn't hiding a tattoo. "Do you have a tattoo, Nanny?" he asked me for the 3rd or 4th time.

Finally, I said, "Do you want to see it?"

"YES!" He could hardly contain himself.

"Okay....but it's on my butt."

"Never mind!" he said. "I'd rather not know than be scarred for life."

Now all my grandchild think I might be the only Nanny they know with a tattoo. I don't expect it to last, however. One of the girls is sure to call my bluff.

I've seen them at Target, and I wonder about beauty supply places? I've seen some at fairs and the like that look pretty good really. I'll let you know if I see any soon.

What if this encourages him to get a tatoo, and pushes to get one after all, Nanny has one!

How would you convince him it was a joke? Im sure he wont really believe you unless you really show him a cleam bum!

Its funny though seventeen and could reallly think you have one! What a happening Nanny, I wonder what is going on in his head? Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you get a phony one. This is cute, I wish I could have been in the Dr.s office!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches