Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is night one on my own and at home away from the hospital. My pain is so unbearable... I have so much gas trapped and my incisions pain me so bad. I can't sleep right for anything either. Any advice?

Walk as much as you can! It gets better. Im on day 5 post op I know nothing but I do know walking worked for me. Good luck.

Thank you ill try that now

Big hugs, I haven't been there so I don't have any advice sorry. Do you have medication for pain and getting rid of gas?

I didn't have gas pains but I was taking quite a bit of painkillers still at your stage. Have you got something pretty strong? Unfortunately the more pain killers you have now the more Constipation you'll have later, but you need to be able to rest up so take something now, perhaps along with a stool softener (if you can swallow pills). I find codeine more effective than Panadol or aspirin alone. Keep sipping your Water too - keep a jug by the bed.

And if it gets too hard in the middle of (your) night, hop on the Aussies thread and call out to your sleeve sisters DownUnder. We'll be up and about.

The pain will pass - you'll feel a little better every day. Good luck.

The only thing you can do is walk walk walk. I know it sound dumb but that is all that it is going to help you. Good luck to you. we have all been there.

Thank you guys I have been taking a liquid pain killer.. I think it's the gas in my tummy that gets me the worst. It feels like I'm delivering a Demond baby lol

Tamera1818, everyone here is hitting the nail on the head. I haven't had a gas problem either, my surgery was August 01. But I remember when I had a c-section back in the stone age. The resulting gas made me feel like Mount St. Helen. I think I walked enough to make it all the way from Chicago to New Orleans and back. Walking really helped.

Thank you :)!

So I had my surgery August 2nd but still feel like I have something stuck on my chest...is it normal? When does it go away?

So I had my surgery August 2nd but still feel like I have something stuck on my chest...is it normal? When does it go away?

Also could be gas. I had the worst gas pain in my back, shoulders, and chest. Keep walking and sipping.

One thing besides walking you might try is a heating pad or hot water bottle on your upper back. It worked wonders for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Sydney Susan. Getting my sleeve in October and next summer heading down under to Perth. Yay

I didn't have gas pains but I was taking quite a bit of painkillers still at your stage. Have you got something pretty strong? Unfortunately the more pain killers you have now the more Constipation you'll have later' date=' but you need to be able to rest up so take something now, perhaps along with a stool softener (if you can swallow pills). I find codeine more effective than Panadol or aspirin alone. Keep sipping your Water too - keep a jug by the bed.

And if it gets too hard in the middle of (your) night, hop on the Aussies thread and call out to your sleeve sisters DownUnder. We'll be up and about.

The pain will pass - you'll feel a little better every day. Good luck.[/quote']

Hello. Having my surgery/sleeve done in October and headed down under to Perth next summer. How are you so far? Mee Mee