Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I am new to this site and have just got of the phone with a rep from Dr. Joyas office. I am considering lap band surgery. If any one has any input on this surgery or Dr. Joya I would love to hear it. I am terrified of surgery, expecial going to Mexico, but I have no choice. Thank you, Ann

I just had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico, TJ and it was above and beyond what I could have ever expected. I know everyone told me great things about getting banded in Mexico, but experiencing it myself, it exceeded all my expectations. I am day 4 post op and feel very good. I feel a little swelling and have restriction. One 4 oz. yogurt is enough to fill me to the limit. They have been doing banding longer over there than here. I know Dr. Ortiz has done over 4000.

I give it a 10+

Audree

I don't know about the other doctors, but I just had my surgery in Acuna, by Dr. Jose Rodriguez. One thing I'll say, his support staff, based in San Antonio, is great. For no extra charge, they pick you up at the airport in S.A., take you to Del Rio, put you up for the night before surgery at a nice La Quinta Inn, take you shopping and dining in Mexico and back to S.A. They give you lots of info and support. You know exactly what to expect.

Richard

I don't know about the other doctors, but I just had my surgery in Acuna, by Dr. Jose Rodriguez. One thing I'll say, his support staff, based in San Antonio, is great. For no extra charge, they pick you up at the airport in S.A., take you to Del Rio, put you up for the night before surgery at a nice La Quinta Inn, take you shopping and dining in Mexico and back to S.A. They give you lots of info and support. You know exactly what to expect.

Richard

Hi Richard. That is where I went too. I had a great experience as well.

Barbara is a doll. She is just full of information.

Jules, I think the factor that sets the Rodriguez team above many is the information. They sent me tons of stuff to read. I read it all as well as other stuff on the internet and in books. I'm surprised at how many people there are out there who have been banded but don't know how to use it. I got a great price with Dr. R. (the "Internet Special, for which the only stipulation is simply having the surgery on a Monday, saves three hundred dollars off the regular price, so I paid a total of $7000). But the special attention is the biggest benefit. Richard

Jules, I think the factor that sets the Rodriguez team above many is the information. They sent me tons of stuff to read. I read it all as well as other stuff on the internet and in books. I'm surprised at how many people there are out there who have been banded but don't know how to use it. I got a great price with Dr. R. (the "Internet Special, for which the only stipulation is simply having the surgery on a Monday, saves three hundred dollars off the regular price, so I paid a total of $7000). But the special attention is the biggest benefit. Richard

Yea, I felt special too. Everyone there was super nice and just right on top of it all.