Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

I have a sweet tooth that rears it's ugly head from time to time, I'm ok right now, but for the next attack:mad: I made a agreement with myself.....When the sugar attack comes on I have to first drink 40 oz of Water before I can have that treat and it has to be a healthier verison of whatever treat I want like frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. oatmeal instead of sugery cereals, peanuts instead of reeses cups. I'm gonna see how that works. I can do it, I just have to fight:Banane26: my overpowering desire.:biggrin1:

tann, I make sugar free/fat free pudding with skim milk. I keep it around all the time. It is really good and a great treat. Plus it isn't "cheating" at all. I like the vanilla the best. The chocolate had too much of an after taste.

Holy cow Tann...way to go on the weight loss!!:clap2:

I don't know why but I've been feeling so run down these last couple of weeks. I haven't changed anything and my weight loss is very very slow. I feel like I'm eating right and taking my Vitamins and drinking lots of Water but I just feel out of it. I'm going to get my doctor to look at my food journal on Thursday to see if he thinks that I need to make changes anywhere. He may not even give me a fill because I'm losing about a pound a week which he thinks is totally acceptable....though I think for my current weight I could easily be losing 2 or 3 but whatever...I'm just hoping I can get some suggestions for some ways to boost my energy level.

Today

3/4 c oatmeal with skim milk and a little splenda(didn't go well)

16oz water so far

Gouda and fat free chicken breast deli meat(planned lunch)

Salmon Steak and veggies(planned dinner)

tann, I make sugar free/fat free pudding with skim milk. I keep it around all the time. It is really good and a great treat. Plus it isn't "cheating" at all. I like the vanilla the best. The chocolate had too much of an after taste.

Thanks jules, and Time2Live :) I have tried that kind of pudding and I really like it, sometimes I would put cool whip on top.

food for today:

33oz water

B: 3 slices of turkey breast lunch meat w/mustard

33oz water

L: small salad no meat (planned)

gym after work (planned)

Dinner: baked chix and orka:hungry: (planned)

Sgt. Teresita:heh: , A married male friend once told me that when you cheat you are only cheating yourself (he was referring to marriage) I often think about that phase but as related to weightloss, but sometimes I just don't wanna do right.:)

Hi All! Welcome LaLa!

I have to check in today since I don't have internet access over the weekends!:phanvan I am trying to survive untill Thursday (I get a slight unfill!) I have not been able to eat anything lately.I have very little energy so exercising is hard....but I did do the stairmaster for 5min and lift weights at lunch today!

Breakfast: sugar free hot cocoa

snack: Water

lunch: carnation instant Breakfast in 8oz milk

snack: Water

supper: tomatoe Soup

Turner24

Turner24 I'm sorry your are too tight just keep drinking to stay hydrated. Great job on the exercise.

Tann he was right and so are you. It's never worth it.

Reporting in for the week. :help: Well, I've definetly hit a plateau.:faint: I exercised 6 out of the 7 days. :) I averaged 1140 calories a day. :hungry: This is the 2nd week of NO weight loss. :noidea: I have started weight lifting, do you think this could be it? I'm frustrated. Maybe I need to add another exercise session, because I really don't want to eat less.:violin: Oh, well! I guess I'll just keep plugging along!

You are doing great Kareyquilts. Plateau's and minor weight gains can be contibuted to almost anything when it comes to women. If you want to kick in another cardio exercise that is great but try not to stress yourself. Keeping carbs and sodium low it can be helpful.

Ok, I TOTALLY pigged out yesterday at a Superbowl party. I ate chips dips and pizza. I haven't had a fill yet, so when I do this week hopefully I won't be able to do that again!!

I've been making up for it today, only 1 slimfast lo carb shake for breakfast. Had to skip lunch today, but planned dinner is bbq beef.

My doc has me on a super low-carb diet. Protein 1st and starting next week I can add a vegetable.

I will do 30 minutes on the treadmill when I get home.

Today:

20 oz orange water

8 oz whey Protein (breakfast)

1/2 omlette with ham, cheese and mushrooms (left over from dinner last night)(lunch)

1 tostada(dinner)

60 oz of Water (so far at work)

20 oz peach tea

for my workout I shampooed all the carpets in the house today

I am going to be very vocal here and state that comments like this do not help me become committed to this group, or do not help me feel optimistic about my progress:

"Cassandra I’m going to beat you with that racquetball racquet and burn 1000 calories if you don’t watch what you are eating. I’m sure that was not a typical day of eating. Keep up the great exercise."

I joined this group for encouragement, not criticism. I lost 3 pounds last week, and 2.4 pounds this week. and YES, I did that drinking cherry coke, I ate some cake, I had steak and a baked potato, hot wings and even apple crisp! The key is that I worked my ass off at the gym! And if I want to spend several hours a week getting a good workout, sweating and burning calories, that is my decision. If I want to have a soda with all of the calories I want, that is also my decision. I am already losing more than we are supposed to with this band, which as we all know is 1.5 - 2 pounds per week. I think I am doing a fantastic job, but yes, I do need motivation from friends. What I don't need is for someone to bitch at me for every mistake I make. I need encouragement and friends, and for someone to look at the full picture (total weight lost) versus just what I'm eating. If I burn off a ton of calories, I can eat whatever the hell I want.

So, let's make this a more positive team instead of just griping at everyone's mistakes. What do you say?

Hi fellow bootcampers!!

I think I may be too tight! I tried to live w/it; cause I couldn't take it off fast enough for me; but I can't eat right!!:phanvan I have had today:

sugar free hot chocolate for breakfast because I have heard people say they are tight in AM and need something hot to loosen up! It is now 12noon here and I can't keep down Tomato Soup and crackers!! I thought maybe I ate too fast...so I waited,.... and nope! I lost it again. Should I get an unfill?? I can't eat ground meat either! I am living on refried Beans and Soup. I am not getting enough nutrients in and I am starting to feel like crap.;) I did drink a Protein Shake for Vitamins yesterday for a snack. Should I cave and get an unfill? or should I stop whining and drink my shakes and soup??

Turner24

I think you should get an unfill!

Cassandra: I think that you are being overly sensitive. Teresita's persona is to be the drill sargent. We are signed up and made a commitment. Your weight loss is awesome. No one is trying to put you down. Some people have different ways of expressing their encouragement. Obviously, it wasn't your way, but it's not meant to put you down. This is an anonymous group, no one really knows anyone else. Therefore her remarks to you could in no way be personal. Also, you don't know her, so you shouldn't assume the worse. As overweight people we have all had to endure unkind remarks and thoughtless comments. We are going to be more sensitve about things like our diet. I have reacted the same way, but after I thought about it, I realized that I was over reacting. Everyone on this thread wants to succeed. I think that if you weren't a little bit upset by your food choices you wouldn't be so sensitive. Everyone admits to cheating, making wrong choices, etc. We are only human. Your weight loss is going great, but what we are trying to do is build life long good habits, ie. like your great exercise habit. Let's try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I wish you the best.

If this is the type of group to criticize and talk negatively about other members, I guess I am just in the wrong place.

Best wishes everyone!

Hi Cassandra, welcome to bootcamp! I am glad you are here! I am sorry you took offense to the Sarge's comments but please be assured it is only intended to help you be better. I call her sarge because she calls me on my flaws and doesn't let me get away with making excuses! I think that is why it is called "bootcamp".

Hugs,

I am going to be very vocal here and state that comments like this do not help me become committed to this group, or do not help me feel optimistic about my progress:

"Cassandra I’m going to beat you with that racquetball racquet and burn 1000 calories if you don’t watch what you are eating. I’m sure that was not a typical day of eating. Keep up the great exercise."

I joined this group for encouragement, not criticism. I lost 3 pounds last week, and 2.4 pounds this week. and YES, I did that drinking cherry coke, I ate some cake, I had steak and a baked potato, hot wings and even apple crisp! The key is that I worked my ass off at the gym! And if I want to spend several hours a week getting a good workout, sweating and burning calories, that is my decision. If I want to have a soda with all of the calories I want, that is also my decision. I am already losing more than we are supposed to with this band, which as we all know is 1.5 - 2 pounds per week. I think I am doing a fantastic job, but yes, I do need motivation from friends. What I don't need is for someone to bitch at me for every mistake I make. I need encouragement and friends, and for someone to look at the full picture (total weight lost) versus just what I'm eating. If I burn off a ton of calories, I can eat whatever the hell I want.

So, let's make this a more positive team instead of just griping at everyone's mistakes. What do you say?