Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Sleevers Who Were Sleeve at Henry Ford Macomb Or Harper BMI In MI NEED ADVICE Which One was Better?

Hi I live in MI and I have to pick between these two locations to get sleeve, can anyone give any insight on their experience here thank you.

Which surgeons were you looking at?

I was sleeved at Harper by Dr.Hendrick. I was kinda worried at first about Harper because I read some bad reviews from a few years ago about the staff. I was very pleased with my stay, the nurses and staff I had were awesome, they were very nice and checked on me very often to make sure I was in no pain.

Which surgeons were you looking at?

I was sleeved at Harper by Dr.Hendrick. I was kinda worried at first about Harper because I read some bad reviews from a few years ago about the staff. I was very pleased with my stay, the nurses and staff I had were awesome, they were very nice and checked on me very often to make sure I was in no pain.

Hi if I decide to go with Harper I will be meeting with DR.Wood for my consultation. How long did it take from start to finish once you decided you wanted the procedure?

Hi if I decide to go with Harper I will be meeting with DR.Wood for my consultation. How long did it take from start to finish once you decided you wanted the procedure?

I know of him by name, Ive heard hes a really great surgeon.

Well for me it was longer then most. I had my first consultation in Jan/Feb of 2011, at the time Dr.Hendrick was at Henry Ford in Wyandotte and was transferring to Harper, so I had to wait a few months for him to get situated over at Harper. I also had to have a sleep study, and a EGD, sometimes it takes sometime to get in to see them.

I ended up having surgery in November of 2011. Once my papers were actually submitted to insurance I was approved in 2 days, and they gave me a surgery date the next week.

I know of him by name, Ive heard hes a really great surgeon.

Well for me it was longer then most. I had my first consultation in Jan/Feb of 2011, at the time Dr.Hendrick was at Henry Ford in Wyandotte and was transferring to Harper, so I had to wait a few months for him to get situated over at Harper. I also had to have a sleep study, and a EGD, sometimes it takes sometime to get in to see them.

I ended up having surgery in November of 2011. Once my papers were actually submitted to insurance I was approved in 2 days, and they gave me a surgery date the next week.

Wow thats a long time, i have only completed my seminar and my consultation is 8/21/13 I was hoping t get everything done by Dec. In Macomb It may take 6 months.

I would ask him and see what he says. If my doctor wasn't transferring to a different hospital I'm sure I would have had it a lot sooner.

I would ask him and see what he says. If my doctor wasn't transferring to a different hospital I'm sure I would have had it a lot sooner.

Thank you so much for your insight and suggestions.

No problem :) feel free to message me if I can help you with anything.