Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight gain 13days post op?

Hello I'm 13 days postoperative I was sleeved on 7/19 at Celebration hospital with Dr. Kim. Up until this week I had been consistently losing at least 0.5lb or more a day. My weight at surgery was 293.4. I know I'm going to be a slow loser as I have had a thryroidectomy and I my metabolism has been shot since then. Anyways here my question?!

On 7/29 I was 280.8

On 7/30 I was 280.8

On 7/31 I was 280.2

Today I was 282.4????

That weight was on the same scale after using the bathroom. I did take some stool softeners and senna lax last night. And they did work this morning so how did I gain two pounds. I'm getting in at least 60oz of fluids and at least 60grams of protein(my NUT sat my Protein goals at 81-107grams because of my height I'm 6ft tall).

Stop weighing every day.

Agree weight will not always be a steady downward progress. Try to weigh in once a week at the most. Go longer if you can. Hard to do for some but that way you're more apt to see a drop though you may have some weeks you don't. As long as you keep at your program you will lose weight. Good luck with your journey.

Hey fellow tall one! I know the desire to weigh yourself each day is pulling at you, but yes, I would say don't do it. Try to wean yourself off of that. Like start with every 2 days then every 3 until you can get to maybe once a week.

Also, understand that there could be Water weight gain. If you are drinking that much Water that could be it. If you are near your period, that could be it. Long story short...there are many reasons for a slight increase from day to day.

Unless you find yourself going up by great leaps over a period of time, I wouldn't be too worried.

Hormones play a part in your weight too. I always weigh more the closer I get to my cycle. Also, think about what you had yesterday. More sodium? Could be Water retention. I agree though, it seems to stress you out to see the daily numbers. So once a week on the scale is best. Keep it up, it'll keep happening! Good luck :)

It is almost physically impossible to gain two pounds of fat in one day. Especially with the sleeve. I echo the above posters, Water weight gain. Any number of reasons, but it is likely the culprit. As long as you are following your plan, I couldn't see it being anything else.

Also, if you've had a thyroidectomy, you will want to check in with your endocrinologist or whoever is following your thyroid hormone levels. As you lose weight, your blood levels will need to be checked and you may need adjustments in your hormonies.

My time of the month is no where near. I did eat chili yesterday maybe it had a lot of sodium? I will get my thyroid hormones rechecked at my one month appt.

I'm so obsessed with the scale I actually have 2 in my bathroom I weigh on. I will try to do every other day lol.

Yay for tall girls! Count me in as another 6 footer, and agreed that we need a bit more Protein for our heights.

But girl, you have got to stop weighing so often! If it's gonna make you obsess (2 scales?) it's just counter-productive.

My Dr. literally said to put the scale in the garage. Pull it out once a month. I don't think I can quite bring myself to do that, but once a week? Yep, I can handle that. Time will pass no matter what you do, and the scale won't miss you lol, it will be there when you go back to it next week!

Mine goes up and down, I weigh a lot as well. Partly because for me it keeps me in check daily. It may not be 100% accurate because of different reasons as stated above, but it just motivates me. If I see a gain, which happens..I hunker down and really stay on track! If I see a loss, I am uplifted and again I hunker down! I weave it in my favor. It would be great if I just "hunker" down in general...and maybe that will come along in time. My fear is if I weigh in once a week, or even once a month that I will "think" I am doing well and then find out, I wasn't doing as well as I thought. Two scales is a lot though! I also posted not to long ago, my blood results were AMAZING for the first time in over 20 years, my results are NORMAL. My cholesterol is good, triglycerides are right on track, blood pressure was perfect...There is a lot going on in that body of yours, not just pounds lost.

Still going up. Now I'm up to 282.8 I would laugh if I wasn't crying right now lol. I cut off 85% of my stomach just to gain weight? Talked to my nurse she mentioned starvation mood, poop, Water retention blah blah blah. Upset right now.

Definitely Water weight from salt I had same thing happen to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Still going up. Now I'm up to 282.8 I would laugh if I wasn't crying right now lol. I cut off 85% of my stomach just to gain weight? Talked to my nurse she mentioned starvation mood, poop, Water retention blah blah blah. Upset right now.

I understand how you feel. I posted earlier about my 4 week stall then loss of almost 10 lbs in a week. Now 4 of those lbs came back. What I noticed is increased salt - didn't realize how much sodium was in some of the Protein bars I added to get enough Protein. Also, I have been increasing my Water due to more activity.

I've also added strength training. While no not one of those equals a 4 lbs gain in a week...all together my body is just stuck. I sooooo want to get under 300 lbs. but right now the goal is to be healthy not necessairly just losing pounds.

Keep at it and really don't be so worried about the scale. For the first time since surgery I am noticing my clothes are getting looser. I literally almost lost my skirt the other day at work...while I would love to see pounds lost, I'll take those inches.

How about you, are you noticing your clothes fitting better/looser?

Not really. I feel lighter. Other people have noticed I look smaller but I weighed myself this morning and I'm still gaining I'm actually at 283.4 this morning guess that's better than the 285 that showed up when I woke u at 6am and checked. I think I'm going to email the nutritionist before I take a sledgehammer to my scale.< /p>