Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Bandsters near Denton, TX

Hey everyone,

I've been attending some dfwbandster dinners/lunch around the dfw area (which are great, by the way), but would like to get something started on a monthly basis in the Denton area. I've spoken with 2 other gals so far who would want to attend one of these support dinners, so please post and let me know if you would want to meet in Denton once a month. It has been said that people with support, are more successful with the band. Let's get together and encourage one another and have some fun!! Oh, and please put what night/day would be best for you. Thanks!

Aw Gee, Mary...

We just had a coffee meeting on New Year's Day at the Cracker Barrell... Next time, you will have to meet up with us!!

Mousecrazy is close, as well as Julestwu. I actually live in Allen - but I have been known to make the drive.

:]

Hi,

I'm in Sherman. Even though Denton is a good distance away, it's a lot closer than Dallas. I'm not banded yet, but I have been to a seminar and seen my surgeon, so I will hopefully be banded soon.

Joan

Well, I've exchanged emails with Jules and thought about pm'ing mousecrazy cuz I met her online when I first was banded. So, hopefully you can just pass this along and we can meet up again...anyone interested who can make it. Cracker barrel would be fine or anywhere in Denton. Do we want to set a date?

Mary (or anyone else), It was last summer that you were inquiring about people in the Denton area who had been banded. Well, if you're still interested, I was banded by Dr. Rodriguez on January 8, 2007, just four days ago. I was referred to him by a friend who had done it almost a year and a half ago. She now lives in Denton. So, here I sit, on vacation from work, on my liquid diet. My wife took great care of me on the trip, and continues to do so. My dogs make sure I do plenty of walking. I started at 280 lbs. before the pre-op diet, lost three lbs. on that, and, at 5'-10", my goal weight is the 165 lbs. that I weighed in 1985. That's a long way to go, but I intend to lose 100%. Peace, Richard

Richard,

I actually just inquired again recently, as I would like to get a support dinner/lunch started up here like the ones they already have on dfwbandsters. I've thoroughly enjoyed the dinners/lunch but I have to drive 45 min.-1 hour and thought one near Denton would be nice for those not willing to drive to Dallas, Arlington, or Plano. Please pm me and ask your friend if he/she is interested. Then I will have your information. Also let me know what day and time of day would be good. As soon as I have enough responses, then I'll work on the place to meet. Anyone reading this, please do the same.

BANDSTER DINNER/SUPPORT GROUP IN DENTON

We will be meeting at Jason's Deli on Loop 288 for a support dinner on Thursday, February 1 at from 6:30-8:30. Spouses/Significant others are welcome to come, as well as those who are not banded yet. Jason's is located across from the mall, near Loop 288/35. We will discuss future meeting times/places. They have Soups, mushies and regular food, so all will be able to eat. Any questions, feel free to ask either on here or in a private message.

Can't wait to meet ya'll!! Pass the word along!!

I am interested in a local support group. Mary, thanks for arranging this. I have marked the date on my calender and plan to attend.

Missy

So glad to hear you'll be there, Missy! I spoke with the manager at Jason's and he is very receptive to our group...5 or 25...whatever number of people show up. I figure that they have Soups, tuna/chicken salad, cottage cheese, and then other food for those past the liquid/mushy stage. I'm excited about having something closer

Yea! I found the thread...I have this on my calendar, and plan to attend...if something interferes, I will let you know.

Glad to see some interest, and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cindy

HeyEveryone,

I am not going to be able to be there this time.:think I'm in Amarillo for a few weeks and won't be back down there until close to February 15th. I really wanted to come, but I just can't this time. Please keep us updated on the upcoming meetings. I need all of the support I can get.

Joan

Joan,

We'll be sure to always post about meeting times/places, so you can join us at the next one! I'm right with you on needing the support!